Sea glass on Sapphire Beach?

celticd1

I seldom collect sea glass at Sapphire, because that beach is kept pretty clean even early in the morning.

I always find sea glass at Brewers Bay Beach, but it's more of a local than tourist beach. I have some photos of the sea glass on Brewers. Let me see if I've uploaded them...

I also have photos of some crafts that people made using sea glass. I used to cover flower pots and embed sea glass into the mortar. You can incorporate it into tile projects you're working on.

A crafter at Tillets can wrap your sea glass pieces in a bead bezzle for a really unique look. She did one for me several years ago, but it's too small. I gave her another piece of glass last week, so she's working on that now. She's Mel the Beadmeister, and there's lots of info on her on google.

Let me see if I uploaded the photos from Brewers...

Thanks for the info and pics Ms411! Brewer's looks like it should be a good spot.

I'd love to see the crafts and articles you've mentioned. We don't sail until February 2013 so I will be around for quite some time yet. :)

Although I had no idea what sea glass was when I was at Sapphire 2 years ago, I do know what it is now (since several have mentioned it on the board, I had to look it up last year). I do have to say that I did not see any at Sapphire when we were there last.

• 2 weeks later...
I also dont know what sea glass is, so I asked my wife, and she said no, that Sapphire would not be a good place to find it.

Darn! Oh well, thanks for checking! I'll still be on the lookout for it.

And you probably won't find any! Hmmm, now that I think about it, there's a rocky section that I've never walked that's over by the Sapphire Marina. I'll see if one of my STT friends can check it out for you and give a report!

And you probably won't find any! Hmmm, now that I think about it, there's a rocky section that I've never walked that's over by the Sapphire Marina. I'll see if one of my STT friends can check it out for you and give a report!

Hmmm, a rocky area, eh? You know I'll be checking that out! ;)

Typically, windward beaches are best for sea glass and other sea recycled items. :D Also, hotel beaches are usually not great, because they are groomed. Brewer's Beach is windward and not groomed, making it a great beachcomber spot.

Typically, windward beaches are best for sea glass and other sea recycled items. :D Also, hotel beaches are usually not great, because they are groomed. Brewer's Beach is windward and not groomed, making it a great beachcomber spot.

Good to know, thanks!

I got my sea glass pendant back yesterday. Will post photos soon. St Martin, on the French side, had a very creative use for sea glass! Coki beach on St Thomas has a concession where you can make sand and sea glass items. Will include one of their items, too, when I post the pendant.

Hopefully, you'll share other ideas!

celticd(?) I have some seaglass I can give you. I've mixed them up now, so not sure which pieces came from where, but they were definitely collected on Caribbean beaches. If you want them, let me know. I have greens, whites and browns in this small bag now. I can either mail them to you or wait until your cruise. Just let me know.

celticd(?) I have some seaglass I can give you. I've mixed them up now, so not sure which pieces came from where, but they were definitely collected on Caribbean beaches. If you want them, let me know. I have greens, whites and browns in this small bag now. I can either mail them to you or wait until your cruise. Just let me know.

That is soo sweet of you! Don't you want them for yourself? You can shoot me an e-mail.. celticd1 at hot mail dot com (remove the spaces, etc)

Thanks!

Archived