COMPLAINTS COMPLAINTS sheesh

oceanlov1

I pack light and do laundry once on the cruise. I don't pay people to do it for me. I can get my own ice, that's not a problem. Cruising to me is being on the water, not cooking my dinner, not standing in lines for food( the lido) going to a new port, meeting new people, trying new things. I was no where near going Platinum, I love to cruise, but was changing in two years to another cruise line, just to keep a group happy. I understand that a lot of people were close to the "Platinum" level and are upset by the changes. You feel that you have invested your money into something and you were not going to get the dividends back. Were you cruising for the dividends only? Were the perks the pampering? If we all sit back and breathe in and breathe out, and figure out why we cruise, then the answer is simple. What made your first cruise the reason you got back on board? It was not the past guest party, because that wasn't on your first cruise. It wasn't the free laundry, it wasn't the ice, it wasn't the chocolate on the pillow. Hopefully the reason you got back on a ship was your connection with the ocean, the moon rising above the waves, the sun rises and sunsets, and the ability to disconnect from all the troubles on land, and let someone else be in charge of your direction for a few days. You have not been robbed of anything. Each cruise was fun. If it hadn't been you would not have done it again, and again, and again....

Sail Happy!:)

VERY VERY VERY well said!!! :cool:

My point exactlly! As I have said... I don't have any status... and yet I feel as if I am pampered when I cruise... stop the complaining!

And Marshhawk - You rock!! \m/ oo \m/

I've never seen a bigger bunch of pansy @ssed complainers.

If y'all cancel, that'll just make more room for me, and maybe, just maybe they'll give me your chocolate, as they won't need it for your pillow. ;)

"SKY"

like!! Why does everyone look at the glass as half empty these days!! Cheer the heck up and be happy for what you have. I'm sure there is more than a million people out there that couldn't even afford the first cruise and they would tell u to hush up about ur dern 3 bag laundry limit per person. I haven't been on many cruises but I have not been to one past guest party yet. Yes I attended the fun farewell party and it was nice but if they get rid of it, it's not going to ruin my vacation!

I mean really you got your shrimp back you think you would be happy by now!

All of the complaining is driving me away from this board.

I used to love coming here everyday leading up to a cruise, to share in the excitement of a vacation...

but right now, every other thread/post is complaining about something.

I used to check CC at work, now I don't even bother.

I only came today to see the updates in a review I'm reading.

the whole atmosphere in this forum is just unappealing.

I couldn't agree more, & who cares about laundry, I don't even wanna think about that on vacation.:rolleyes: I'm blessed to have the means to even take a cruise, & to be spoiled while I'm on one. The changes being made don't upset me as much as most. It's just not that serious to me. More important things in life to be stressed about in my opinion.

Agreed! I am very blessed to have the means to take a cruise, and I realize this as many people around me couldnt afford it. People who have time to complain about ice really have too much time on their hands. LOL

Thank you!!

How about all the complainers being thankful they can even afford a vacation.

My thoughts exactly! When a vacation becomes so boring that the littlest thing is worth complaining about, might be time to look for a different type of vacation. Growing up in a poor family, I never thought I would ever get to cruise. I worked my tail off the last 30 years to get through college, have a good paying job and raise my kids. I put so many things on the "someday shelf" to make sure my family had what they needed. "Someday" has finally arrived and I am excited to finally get to do the things I always dreamed of! My thoughts, who cares if I have to ask for ice or don't get the perks, I'm on a cruise ship!!!! If ice ever becomes a reason to complain, I'll be checking out Amtrak.

All of you people who are complaining about these things are rediculous. You are seriously complaining about having to ask for ice or if you need to have laundry done you have to do it yourself. You are on VACATION...how about you be thankful for that. How can these minute things possibly deter you from cruising on Carnival.

I normally like to look at these message boards daily but with all of the negative whining and complaining about the smallest things it's time to back off awhile.

You already have your room cleaned and your meals made for you numerous times a day, what more do you want. Greedy people!

Agreed! I am very blessed to have the means to take a cruise, and I realize this as many people around me couldnt afford it. People who have time to complain about ice really have too much time on their hands. LOL

Its not just the ice. One of many cutbacks they have made and are making recently.

Unless we tell Carnival how we feel this will continue until cruising in a year or so bear no relation to what it was a couple of years ago.

BTW Carnival has several employees who read all of our posts.

Its not just the ice. One of many cutbacks they have made and are making recently.

Can someone please explain how getting ice if you respond to your room steward that you would like ice is a cutback?

People who still want ice daily get ice (and you can very easily find out where to get all the extra ice you want on the ship).

People who don't want ice won't get it and Carnival saves some money at no loss to the people who actually want ice.

Sheesh.

There's real cutbacks and there's imagined cutbacks. This is one of the latter.

Now people are complaining? :rolleyes:

When a handful of us started discussing the cutbacks months ago all we got from many people here was "Oh, it's just a little cutback. CCL is still fantastic." Or "I don't use that amenity so I don't care if they take it away." We tried to tell you that allowing one little cutback to pass with no challenge would lead to more and more. Eventually, they would take away something that meant something to you.

Unless we tell Carnival how we feel this will continue until cruising in a year or so bear no relation to what it was a couple of years ago.

Something some of us have been saying for months.

Quit complaining or find a new cruise line and move to that forum so we dont have to constantly see your negative and pessimistic posts!

Here's the thing......unless someone is holding a gun to your head, you don't have to see anything on this board. Feel free to move along. :rolleyes:

I used to love coming here everyday leading up to a cruise, to share in the excitement of a vacation...

I completely agree with you!!! I dont get on CC that much compared to other travel forum sites that i use for land vacations.....its just a handful of rotten people ruining every post with negativity!

. You are on VACATION...how about you be thankful for that.

Sorry but I am not "thankful". If the vacation was given to me for free, I'd be thankful. However, my vacations are not given to me; I work for them and I earn them.

Using your logic, if you were in a restaurant and the steak your ordered was grisly and burnt, would you complain and send it back, or would you accept anyhow because you should be "thankful" you have steak to eat when others in the world are hungry?

Got a new car? If something breaks during the warranty, are you going to take it back to the dealer and get it fixed, or will you simply deal with it because you should be thankful that you have a car when others only have the bus for transportation?

Just goes to show that those preach to others are the most hypocritical people around.

Here's the thing......unless someone is holding a gun to your head, you don't have to see anything on this board. Feel free to move along. :rolleyes:

The thing is there are people that like to talk about upcoming trips with enthusiasm and have fun planning on these boards....but you people a ruin every post with your complaining and bashing! :mad:

Sorry but I am not "thankful". If the vacation was given to me for free, I'd be thankful. However, my vacations are not given to me; I work for them and I earn them.

Using your logic, if you were in a restaurant and the steak your ordered was grisly and burnt, would you complain and send it back, or would you accept anyhow because you should be "thankful" you have steak to eat when others in the world are hungry?

Got a new car? If something breaks during the warranty, are you going to take it back to the dealer and get it fixed, or will you simply deal with it because you should be thankful that you have a car when others only have the bus for transportation?

Just goes to show that those preach to others are the most hypocritical people around.

There is a lot of truth in what you are saying. We all work hard for our vacations and want the best that we can get for what we are spending.

The takeaways which often happen after we have paid for the cruise take something away from us.

Strange how so many cannot understand this.

If you feel they are taking things away from you then cancel and don't go! Don't dwell on it and complain, just do something else that is going to make you happy so you don't have to complain. Why does this not make since? Youre right you do spend your hard earned money on your vacation. Do something you enjoy and quit getting on here and complaining!

The thing is there are people that like to talk about upcoming trips with enthusiasm and have fun planning on these boards....but you people a ruin every post with your complaining and bashing! :mad:

Again ... do not open a thread that has a title that contains any type of complaint. If the thread takes a turn you are not interested in, close it. Start a whole bunch of I love Carnival threads.

If someone posts somes complaints on your lovey dovey thread start a new one.

I mean really the the solutions to your COMPLAINT are endless.

I think all the Squishy squishy hugger huggers should band together. They could start the " I love Carnival More Than You " club. Thre would be no dissenting opinions, no truthful reviews, no reports of changes, just some giddy thankful folk each trying to out-do the other in their LOVE for a corporation that doesn't even know they are alive.

Picture the thread titles... Carnival is my new BFF...Micky A all the way...I don't need no stinkin' ice. :p

Dirt cheap rates??? Guess that depends on what type of cabin you sail in.....but our rates have NEVER been DIRT CHEAP?? As for the improvements.....they are free for NOW, not necessarily to be FREE in the near future.....wake up and smell the coffee!

I have never gotten dirt cheap rates on a cruise either :rolleyes: I must be traveling at the wrong time and I won't book a cruise November through March no matter how cheap. But that's me.

Again ... do not open a thread that has a title that contains any type of complaint. If the thread takes a turn you are not interested in, close it. Start a whole bunch of I love Carnival threads.

If someone posts somes complaints on your lovey dovey thread start a new one.

I mean really the the solutions to your COMPLAINT are endless.

I think all the Squishy squishy hugger huggers should band together. They could start the " I love Carnival More Than You " club. Thre would be no dissenting opinions, no truthful reviews, no reports of changes, just some giddy thankful folk each trying to out-do the other in their LOVE for a corporation that doesn't even know they are alive.

Picture the thread titles... Carnival is my new BFF...Micky A all the way...I don't need no stinkin' ice. :p

I think she was talking about trips in general. She did not mention carnival, Micky a or the brand ambassador anywhere in her post.

I have never gotten dirt cheap rates on a cruise either :rolleyes: I must be traveling at the wrong time and I won't book a cruise November through March no matter how cheap. But that's me.

I just paid $349pp for a five nighter in May

That is dirt cheap.

If you feel they are taking things away from you then cancel and don't go! Don't dwell on it and complain, just do something else that is going to make you happy so you don't have to complain. Why does this not make since? Youre right you do spend your hard earned money on your vacation. Do something you enjoy and quit getting on here and complaining!

We still love cruising. Think of it this way. You order your Russian bride out of a magazine, but when it comes time to fulfill your order, you realize that the bride is actually from one of the countries that used to be part of the Soviet Union and not from Russia itself. :eek::D

I agree 100%!!! Who wants to always see negative negative negative ALL THE TIME?! And you know what??? It takes so much more energy to be negative! This board has really taken on a very pessimistic tone...

I agree 100%!!! Who wants to always see negative negative negative ALL THE TIME?! And you know what??? It takes so much more energy to be negative! This board has really taken on a very pessimistic tone...

This happens every time something changes...smoking changes, shrimp changes, perk changes...try to skip over the moaning, and focus on the other good stuff :)

The thing is there are people that like to talk about upcoming trips with enthusiasm and have fun planning on these boards....but you people a ruin every post with your complaining and bashing!

It's apparent from the title of most threads what they're about. If the title is ambiguous, it's apparent from the first few posts what a thread is about.

If a thread topic is not to your liking, close it and move along.

And, if this,

you people a ruin every post with your complaining and bashing!
were even remotely true, you'd do well to find another board all together. These boards are not only for praising the cruise industry, nor are they here for your sole enjoyment.

Reading topics that obviously upset you is foolish. Posting emotional outbursts because you don't like the topic you choose to read is disturbing.

She did not mention carnival, Micky a or the brand ambassador anywhere in her post.

And yet she's posting on the Carnival board.

Why do you folks who don't like these threads bother opening them? Just so you can complain about people complaining?:rolleyes:

Considering that the economy as well as society is not what it was a couple of years ago, how can you honestly expect travel to remain the same.

I have not only the right but the ability to chose where I shop, eat and play and can either base my choices on the most value for the dollar, or that which offers the loyalty program that fits my needs and desires. The value of course would include that which gives me the quality that I am seeking.

I have read and understand the belief that by expressing one's displeasure in a situation, that there is the possibility of a change occurring, but, I also understand that the change may not be what I feel is a positive one, but that would only be my opinion and those that agree with me. There will be others that disagree and right so.

As many others have said, those that are unhappy with all of the changes, move on after you have stated your displeasure.

There appears to be 4 groups here on CC. The loyalists, the newbies, the go with the flow and the haters. While I know and understand that each group is welcomed and even needed, the constant disrespecting of each of these groups is becoming, for lack of a better word, pathetic. State your opinion in a clear consize way, then move on.

This board is becoming a home to name slayer and back stabbers. The times for enjoying the information and advice of others seems to have past, now it seems like a challenge to see who can be the most hateful.

Archived