COMPLAINTS COMPLAINTS sheesh

oceanlov1

I know you fall into Diamond, so you gain some things, but great? Really? The program is not in line with industry standards.

The farewell party was poorly attended not only due to poor advertising, but the timing was crummy. 5:00/5:15 on the last day of the cruise is sooo inconvenient. You're getting ready for dinner, packing, or enjoying the last bit of outdoor Lido fun before returning to reality. Carnival designed this party to fail. Placate people with the farewell party to eliminate the Captain's party, don't advertise the party scheduled at an inconvenient time, and when few people show up, it's not a big deal to eliminate it.

Give up. You will never convince the head cheerleader.

Wait ...................ice needs to be ordered now??? This one I missed ...please explain??

if you want ice in your room you have to call your steward and ask for it. gone too are the chocolate mints at turn down in the evenings.

I pack light and do laundry once on the cruise. I don't pay people to do it for me. I can get my own ice, that's not a problem. Cruising to me is being on the water, not cooking my dinner, not standing in lines for food( the lido) going to a new port, meeting new people, trying new things. I was no where near going Platinum, I love to cruise, but was changing in two years to another cruise line, just to keep a group happy. I understand that a lot of people were close to the "Platinum" level and are upset by the changes. You feel that you have invested your money into something and you were not going to get the dividends back. Were you cruising for the dividends only? Were the perks the pampering? If we all sit back and breathe in and breathe out, and figure out why we cruise, then the answer is simple. What made your first cruise the reason you got back on board? It was not the past guest party, because that wasn't on your first cruise. It wasn't the free laundry, it wasn't the ice, it wasn't the chocolate on the pillow. Hopefully the reason you got back on a ship was your connection with the ocean, the moon rising above the waves, the sun rises and sunsets, and the ability to disconnect from all the troubles on land, and let someone else be in charge of your direction for a few days. You have not been robbed of anything. Each cruise was fun. If it hadn't been you would not have done it again, and again, and again....

Sail Happy!:)

I think the new loyalty program is great - at least from the limited details released so far.

The farewell party was poorly attended. Poor advertising is a lame excuse - even most people who knew about it didn't go..

Maybe that is because of the time that they had it?? right before early dining?

I think many people are grumpy just because they aren't on a cruise and have to face reality.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

ship25img2.jpg

I hate to say it Sarge, but as much as I love cruising, this photo of lido deck is not so good... the size of this ship, and the size of this pool... doesnt compare with some of the other lines... this is where Carnival coulda shoulda made an upgrade... increase the size of the lido deck pool so many can enjoy it... :)

NO MINTS????:eek:

It's just one more of the little things that don't mean much to most of the newbie crusiers, but it's one of the little things that mean something to us old hacks. It was one of those things that made crusing special.

I realize that Carnival is trying to protect its bottom line -- and that's all well and good. But if they have to do it at the expense of their loyal customers, in the hopes of luring in the newbie who don't know what crusing used to be... Well, I think (hope) it will bite them in the a$$ in the long run.

CCL already has the undeserved reputation of being the "Wal Mart" of the cruise lines, now it's earning that moniker.

It's just one more of the little things that don't mean much to most of the newbie crusiers, but it's one of the little things that mean something to us old hacks. It was one of those things that made crusing special.

I realize that Carnival is trying to protect its bottom line -- and that's all well and good. But if they have to do it at the expense of their loyal customers, in the hopes of luring in the newbie who don't know what crusing used to be... Well, I think (hope) it will bite them in the a$$ in the long run.

CCL already has the undeserved reputation of being the "Wal Mart" of the cruise lines, now it's earning that moniker.

Quickly going from Wal-Mart of the Seas to Dollar General of the Seas!

if you want ice in your room you have to call your steward and ask for it. gone too are the chocolate mints at turn down in the evenings.

Just got back from the Dream on Saturday. We had ice everyday in bucket and mints every night on bed at turndown. They even used a mint as the frog's tongue in one a towel animal. The only ice that was "ordered" was to chill our wine for dinner. Our steward brought up a beer bucket and kept the wine chilled for us. And our waiter didn't charge us a corkage fee, either.

I know it's just a dinky chocolate, but it's a loss to me too. It's such a little thing, but it's been an evening ritual for so long.

If there's to be cutback cost, and save time, and laundry, what about the towel animals? I so love them, would miss them terribly, but those towels make a lot of extra work.

I think that was reported on only one ship in fleet. On the Spirit last month our Steward kept my carry-on cooler iced up. And we did have milk chocolate on our pillows every night.

I've never seen a bigger bunch of pansy @ssed complainers. Of course, I'm new to cruising, (40 years, and 120+ cruises, 36 on Carnival) so I don't know jack about cruising. If y'all cancel, that'll just make more room for me, and maybe, just maybe they'll give me your chocolate, as they won't need it for your pillow. ;)

"SKY"

Sorry you do not understand what is happening here.

Sorry Stu but you dont have to be hateful! The op was just stating she enjoyed cruising for the fun/ relax She just wants a very quick vacation to take her mind off of work family and life!

Just did some comparison shopping between Carnival and other cruise lines. I'm guessing that the significantly lower prices at Carnival will retain more of their past guests and not any loyalty program. When Carnival's prices are equal to other lines then I suspect people may start shopping around more. I'm not seeing anyone argue that the value Carnival offers for the dollar is not worth it. I don't cruise for the perks one line may offer over the other, I cruise for a clean room and to have a staff on board that strives to make my vacation a pleasant and relaxing one. Carnival has not failed me yet.

I've never seen a bigger bunch of pansy @ssed complainers. Of course, I'm new to cruising, (40 years, and 120+ cruises, 36 on Carnival) so I don't know jack about cruising. If y'all cancel, that'll just make more room for me, and maybe, just maybe they'll give me your chocolate, as they won't need it for your pillow. ;)

"SKY"

Well said!

Just did some comparison shopping between Carnival and other cruise lines. I'm guessing that the significantly lower prices at Carnival will retain more of their past guests and not any loyalty program. When Carnival's prices are equal to other lines then I suspect people may start shopping around more. I'm not seeing anyone argue that the value Carnival offers for the dollar is not worth it. I don't cruise for the perks one line may offer over the other, I cruise for a clean room and to have a staff on board that strives to make my vacation a pleasant and relaxing one. Carnival has not failed me yet.

This is the MAIN reason I stay with Carnival. I do not have a "loyalty" to a company who only cares about taking my money (i.e., all large companies). I DO, however, have a "loyalty" to one who's providing a great price.

Can we have some clarity here? Do we mean mints or chocolates? I had chocolate on my cruise a few weeks ago.

No robes on RCI unless you are very high on the loyalty program

No ice in rooms on RCI unless you ask for it

No chocolates at turn down on RCI

So what is the difference here???? PRICE!!!!! Thats it! Quit complaining or find a new cruise line and move to that forum so we dont have to constantly see your negative and pessimistic posts!

COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN why do you even bother to go on a cruise? Oh my they ask you the first day of the cruise if you would like ice every day.The answere is either yes or no Wow I guess thats to much presure to figure out and will ruin your vaction! Wow I couldnt imagine going thru life complaining about every little thing.Chill out relax its not the end of the world:rolleyes:

COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN why do you even bother to go on a cruise? Oh my they ask you the first day of the cruise if you would like ice every day.The answere is either yes or no Wow I guess thats to much presure to figure out and will ruin your vaction! Wow I couldnt imagine going thru life complaining about every little thing.Chill out relax its not the end of the world:rolleyes:

Thank you!!

How about all the complainers being thankful they can even afford a vacation.

Just came off the Miracle. No ice bucket in cabin. Room steward said new policy. If you want ice, ask him and he will get you an ice bucket and have ice every day. We had chocolate on the pillows every night along with towel animals. Did not have to ask for the chocolate or animals.

2012- Carnival Victory – Oct. – S. Caribbean

2012 – Carnival Miracle – April – E. Caribbean

2012 – Carnival Conquest – Feb. – W. Caribbean

2011 – Westerdam HAL – Dec. – E. Caribbean

2011 – Nieuw Amsterdam HAL – Oct. – Mediterranean

2011- Carnival Miracle – May – E. Caribbean

2010 – Nieuw Amsterdam HAL - Dec.- W. Caribbean

2010 – Celebrity Summit – Sept. - Bermuda

2010 – Serenade of the Seas - March - S. Caribbean

2009 – Crown Princess – W. Caribbean

2009 – Golden Princess - Alaska - Inside Passage

2009 – Coral Princess - Panama Canal Transit