COMPLAINTS COMPLAINTS sheesh

oceanlov1

Considering that the economy as well as society is not what it was a couple of years ago, how can you honestly expect travel to remain the same.

I have not only the right but the ability to chose where I shop, eat and play and can either base my choices on the most value for the dollar, or that which offers the loyalty program that fits my needs and desires. The value of course would include that which gives me the quality that I am seeking.

I have read and understand the belief that by expressing one's displeasure in a situation, that there is the possibility of a change occurring, but, I also understand that the change may not be what I feel is a positive one, but that would only be my opinion and those that agree with me. There will be others that disagree and right so.

As many others have said, those that are unhappy with all of the changes, move on after you have stated your displeasure.

There appears to be 4 groups here on CC. The loyalists, the newbies, the go with the flow and the haters. While I know and understand that each group is welcomed and even needed, the constant disrespecting of each of these groups is becoming, for lack of a better word, pathetic. State your opinion in a clear consize way, then move on.

This board is becoming a home to name slayer and back stabbers. The times for enjoying the information and advice of others seems to have past, now it seems like a challenge to see who can be the most hateful.

Well said, and kudos for saying it so eloquently!! I don't understand why there is a need for disrespect of others whenever there is difference of opinion. Resorting to name calling is just plain silly. And telling others to go away is just plain mean. Thanks for a great post!!

We just came back from a 4 day Key West, Cozumel cruise on the Imagination and had a great time!! Then I come and read the boards and all I read are complaints about just about everything.

Folks, nothing is perfect. I really do not think I am that easy to please, kinda fussy, but I just do not see what all the complaining is about.

I will say that the rumored changes in the loyalty program are disappointing, but will I stop cruising Carnival because of it?? No............

I cruise because I love it...............I have been on just about all the major lines and will continue to cruise the ones I enjoy. My top two are Carnival and Holland America.

I am lucky enough to hop on the 3 and 4 dayers and drive to the port. No complaints here.

Happy Sailing!!

So you are complaining about complainers?

I can't wait for our next cruise, there is going to be SOOOO much room with all the complainers going on other cruiselines....:D

It is too bad with some of the changes but what industry isn't changing? If I don't enjoy my next Carnival cruise I will try another cruiseline, they may be better they may be worse.... but you move on and enjoy life.....

Actually i am NOT a Carnival loyalist.....I havent cruised on Carnival in 10 years! And this thread was not to complain....but the opposite and I opened it to agree with the OP!

There are some NASTY NASTY people on here.....i just pray i dont get stuck with them as a tablemate on an upcoming cruise, I could only imgaine the amount of complaining we would have to endure then!!!!!

Actually i am NOT a Carnival loyalist.....I havent cruised on Carnival in 10 years! And this thread was not to complain....but the opposite and I opened it to agree with the OP!

There are some NASTY NASTY people on here.....i just pray i dont get stuck with them as a tablemate on an upcoming cruise, I could only imgaine the amount of complaining we would have to endure then!!!!!

Would you agree that some of those NASTY NASTY people are Carnival Cheerleaders as well?

All of you people who are complaining about these things are rediculous. You are seriously complaining about having to ask for ice or if you need to have laundry done you have to do it yourself. You are on VACATION...how about you be thankful for that. How can these minute things possibly deter you from cruising on Carnival.

I normally like to look at these message boards daily but with all of the negative whining and complaining about the smallest things it's time to back off awhile.

You already have your room cleaned and your meals made for you numerous times a day, what more do you want. Greedy people!

I want towel animals. One of the most amusing parts of our day on my cruise was seeing what animal would be waiting for us. Take away those, and there'd be a problem.

Loyalty program is set up just like RCL now...it will actually help some people!

Wonder how many people out of the 3000ish people on board attended farewell parties....(i never have once)....so is ot affecting a huge number???

Ice? I have no idea what this means....have to order it as opposed to????

The new ice program is just like RC. One little sentence is all that's needed...I would like ice please. Not very hard. I did it on my RC cruise last Sept and had a full ice bucket twice a day. Not an earth shattering change IMO.

Would you agree that some of those NASTY NASTY people are Carnival Cheerleaders as well?

I honestly dont know who is a cheerleader, nasayer, etc.

I came on here to get info and fuel my excitement....not read thru 100s of posts of negativity, name calling and bashing!

I vacation multiple times a year, i am part of past guest programs for several cruise lines, hotel chains, rental cars....etc! We typically try new things often, so are always looking for get info on travel. We have never done the exact same vacation twice...ever!

Considering that the economy as well as society is not what it was a couple of years ago, how can you honestly expect travel to remain the same.

I have not only the right but the ability to chose where I shop, eat and play and can either base my choices on the most value for the dollar, or that which offers the loyalty program that fits my needs and desires. The value of course would include that which gives me the quality that I am seeking.

I have read and understand the belief that by expressing one's displeasure in a situation, that there is the possibility of a change occurring, but, I also understand that the change may not be what I feel is a positive one, but that would only be my opinion and those that agree with me. There will be others that disagree and right so.

As many others have said, those that are unhappy with all of the changes, move on after you have stated your displeasure.

There appears to be 4 groups here on CC. The loyalists, the newbies, the go with the flow and the haters. While I know and understand that each group is welcomed and even needed, the constant disrespecting of each of these groups is becoming, for lack of a better word, pathetic. State your opinion in a clear consize way, then move on.

This board is becoming a home to name slayer and back stabbers. The times for enjoying the information and advice of others seems to have past, now it seems like a challenge to see who can be the most hateful.

Why in the world do you think that the people complaining about all the cutbacks hate carnival?

Many of us are not sheep who will accept whatever is done by the supplier of our vacation.

Most of what I say I view as constructive criticism.

Why in the world do you think that the people complaining about all the cutbacks hate carnival?

Many of us are not sheep who will accept whatever is done by the supplier of our vacation.

Most of what I say I view as constructive criticism.

Too bad this has had to happen. Everytime I have posted it has been deleted which upsets me as I have never been mean. Your posts have been right on. We won't cruise this line, after many cruises, simply because of what is happening and the very mean people on JH facebook and his last comments to you. I'm sure with the smooth marketing plan he or they have to keep their loyalists there they will survive but it's not fair to have to put up with the cutbacks and not share an opinion at least. I resent being banned for commenting on the facebook and the comments there. The word sheep above does say the unspoken word thank you for your comment as always right on.

Goodness the OP started this thread about the complainers and how he enjoyed his cruise, I just got off a cruise earlier this month, had a wonderful time, will again in Nov. If you don't want to cruise with Carnival go somewhere else but complaining here seems to be a past-time for some. What a shame as you scare others that have never cruised... what a waste.

OP, thanks for your comments, glad you had a great time.

I usually don’t complain much. I am also happy to live near the ports and have the freedom to jump on a cruise at a moment’s notice BUT in the past two days we have learned:

1) The new – highly promoted loyalty program – sucks!!!

2) No more farewell party

3) Ice now needs to be ordered

It may be small things – although I don’t think they are - but it is too many changes at the same time

These are the complaints everyone is so up in arms about?

1. The loyalty program - we probably will never have enough cruises on one cruiseline to qualify for any kind of loyalty. So far we've been on Disney, Carnival and Royal and I'd like to go on Celebrity, Holland America, Norwegian and Princess. :)

2. The farewell party - I think my husband went to the last one, but I didn't care about it so didn't go. Just not a high priority.

3. We don't use much ice, maybe only 2-3 times the whole last cruise so most of it (he brought it twice daily) just melted. We don't mix our own drinks in the room, we order our alcoholic drinks at bars and shows. So it wouldn't bother me to have to ask for ice.

We cruise to get out of the cold, snowy Michigan winter and enjoy the palm trees, balmy breezes and the beautiful ocean. I don't think the cruise lines can ever "cut back" on those. :)

If you dont like what Carnival is doing go to another cruise line its that simple! If you are unhappy with the product you are paying for why would you keep going back and then complain again?Do you honestly think that whining and crying on any forum like C.C is going to change anything.Why would anyone be so loyal to a big corporation if they are so unhappy? doesnt make much sence to me!:confused:

No robes on RCI unless you are very high on the loyalty program

No ice in rooms on RCI unless you ask for it

No chocolates at turn down on RCI

So what is the difference here???? PRICE!!!!! Thats it! Quit complaining or find a new cruise line and move to that forum so we dont have to constantly see your negative and pessimistic posts!

The difference is you pay more and get less included. I know that RCCL has many more ways to part you of your hard earned money. NCL nickle and dimes you even more. They encourage you to eat in alternative pay for dining. TRY TO FIND THE MDR menu anywhere on the ship besides the front of the MDR. Specialty restaurants menus are everywhere.

I have tried other lines-RCCL, Celebrity, NCL but always go back to CCL. I found the service to be memorable on Celebrity, the food not as good as Carnival. I found RCCL food to be inedible most of the time. ALSO Carnival is alive at night whereas the otherlines not so much.

That being said I only hated my RCCL experience.

I encourage everyone to try another line and I think most will be back to Carnival.

It's apparent from the title of most threads what they're about. If the title is ambiguous, it's apparent from the first few posts what a thread is about.

If a thread topic is not to your liking, close it and move along.

And, if this, were even remotely true, you'd do well to find another board all together. These boards are not only for praising the cruise industry, nor are they here for your sole enjoyment.

Reading topics that obviously upset you is foolish. Posting emotional outbursts because you don't like the topic you choose to read is disturbing.

I could be wrong but perhaps the negativity is those to choose to hijack posts with negativity. Its happened to me last year. I believe, and again I could be wrong but, posting off topic replies is against the rules.

its because they want stuff for free.. and cant afford what they are doing. like i said in a previous post.. dont matter how much they bitch and moan,,, its like walmart.. its not going nooooo where

It's apparent from the title of most threads what they're about. If the title is ambiguous, it's apparent from the first few posts what a thread is about.

If a thread topic is not to your liking, close it and move along.

And, if this, were even remotely true, you'd do well to find another board all together. These boards are not only for praising the cruise industry, nor are they here for your sole enjoyment.

Reading topics that obviously upset you is foolish. Posting emotional outbursts because you don't like the topic you choose to read is disturbing.

Agreed.

I resent people who think that they should be able to dictate what other people think and feel.

If you don't want to read someone's thoughts on a message board then don't.

Move along, nothing to see here...

I have never gotten dirt cheap rates on a cruise either :rolleyes: I must be traveling at the wrong time and I won't book a cruise November through March no matter how cheap. But that's me.

I don't travel except in peak times, because my wife is a teacher. For the upcoming cruise in my sig, I paid $485 pp for a 6 night OV ($80 per day). I guess that might be too much for some? :rolleyes:

Free stuff? Really, is that the problem? Wow, we will all be blindsided by that. Never about that, its about loyalty. Its part of travel, loyal customers get rewarded as a sign of gratitude for being loyal to the brand. There is no real free stuff or "freebies" as people seem to call it involved. All the self-righteous people trying to tell us were are the problem and defending Carnival on this topic will soon come around, I did as have many others. To think, it all started when we lost our topless deck. Although, I don't really have an opinion on the new program because there is a lot of details yet to be released, I can see where its headed either way. I am positive that once it is released, it will be an entire new set of people upset, some of which are taking up for Carnival now.

What if what was leaked out is like a rough draft of the program? How does anyone know that what was leaked out is what it will be? Until CCL oficially releases anything, isn't all of this more or less much ado about nothing? I've already stated my opinion, none of it bothers me 1 way or the next, but if it did turn out to be something entirely different once officially released, that would be hillarious. Just sayin':rolleyes:

What if what was leaked out is like a rough draft of the program? How does anyone know that what was leaked out is what it will be? Until CCL oficially releases anything, isn't all of this more or less much ado about nothing? I've already stated my opinion, none of it bothers me 1 way or the next, but if it did turn out to be something entirely different once officially released, that would be hillarious. Just sayin':rolleyes:

Maybe,

but JH says the some high up guy said that it was training materials that were leaked.

Why would they be training their people with misinformation?

Intentionally anyway...

Archived