Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina

RaiderFaninNM

Ok fellow cruisers please give me your experiences on the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina and if any pics, that would be great! Got a real good deal on the rooms, pre cruise, just wondering what you who have stayed at this Hotel thought about it, THANKS!

Also, any stores close, good places to eat, shuttle to the port?

Edited by RaiderFaninNM

Take a taxi to port for $10 per cab.

Good restaurants in the area are Bravo, Bimini Boatyard (offers waterfront dining), Market 17, and China Grill, listed from least expensive to most expensive. If you walk further west you will find many more restaurants, mostly very casual.

Walgreens is 2 blocks away, Ross is about 6 blocks, Total Wine about 8 blocks, and there are a couple of little boutiques in Harbor Shops by Total Wine. There is no other shopping worth mention in the area. You can take bus 40 or Suntrolley directly from 17th St to Galleria Mall, just a few miles away.

Take a taxi to port for $10 per cab.

Good restaurants in the area are Bravo, Bimini Boatyard (offers waterfront dining), Market 17, and China Grill, listed from least expensive to most expensive. If you walk further west you will find many more restaurants, mostly very casual.

Walgreens is 2 blocks away, Ross is about 6 blocks, Total Wine about 8 blocks, and there are a couple of little boutiques in Harbor Shops by Total Wine. There is no other shopping worth mention in the area. You can take bus 40 or Suntrolley directly from 17th St to Galleria Mall, just a few miles away.

THANKS for the info, we do have a car rental but there is 13 of us total so some will need to take the shuttle, do you happen to know if there is a shuttle from the car rental building to the port?

THANKS for the info, we do have a car rental but there is 13 of us total so some will need to take the shuttle, do you happen to know if there is a shuttle from the car rental building to the port?

There are so many car rental companies at the airport and around the port. At the airport only Alamo and National have a shuttle. Outside of the airport, some of them will drive you to the port. You'll have to check with the company you are renting from. Either way, a lot of people prefer to drop off the luggage before returning the car.

Hilton doesn't offer any free shuttles, so taxi is cheapest, or drop off your party in shifts with luggage, then return the car, to save the group a lot of taxi fare. The Hilton is only 2 blocks from the port entrance. The most inconvenient part of it is waiting in the line of cars to get into the port (I've never waited more than 5 minutes though).

Edited by royalcruz

We stayed there a couple of years ago with a great rate through Last Minute Travel. I have pics but don't know how to post them here. :( We thought the hotel was just fine - the pool being one of the best features - in our opinion. We spent the afternoon in and by the pool and then ordered lunch from the outdoor restaurant. Service and food were both terrific. We found the staff to be very friendly and our room -which overlooked the pool - very comfortable. We took a cab to Kelly's Landing (near the Embassy Suites) for dinner. I would never hesitate to book here again.

One other thing to consider is there is a water taxi stop right out the back door - very convenient.:)

Edited by mollyanne

There are so many car rental companies at the airport and around the port. At the airport only Alamo and National have a shuttle. Outside of the airport, some of them will drive you to the port. You'll have to check with the company you are renting from. Either way, a lot of people prefer to drop off the luggage before returning the car.

Hilton doesn't offer any free shuttles, so taxi is cheapest, or drop off your party in shifts with luggage, then return the car, to save the group a lot of taxi fare. The Hilton is only 2 blocks from the port entrance. The most inconvenient part of it is waiting in the line of cars to get into the port (I've never waited more than 5 minutes though).

Thanks for that info, so driving into the port is not a big deal then? I can indeed take turns on driving back and forth to the port if needed. Do they check to see if you are renting from them, last year the lady did not and it was so easy.....

Thanks for that info, so driving into the port is not a big deal then? I can indeed take turns on driving back and forth to the port if needed. Do they check to see if you are renting from them, last year the lady did not and it was so easy.....

I'm not sure if the shuttle drivers check to see if you rented a car from their company or not. If the shuttle doesn't work out, it's no big deal...it's no more than $15 by taxi to the port from the airport location.

It's really easy to drive into the port. Driver and all passengers just have to show ID at the port, they give you a pass for your car, and in you go.

Edited by royalcruz

Absolutely loved this hotel in March 2012. We were upgraded slightly at check-in and our room had a wonderful view of the marina. The room was spotless and well maintained. The ammenities were really nice, and the bed was so comfortable. Loved that they had a Keurig coffee maker in the room. I still have some of the grapefruit scented shower gel. We had the room with the big round shower head thing. Walking around outside and looking at all the yachts was so much fun. We ate at China Grill for dinner, and although it was pricey, it is an experience we would be thrilled to have again. The morning of the cruise, we had breakfast (also in China Grill.) They have a buffet or you can order off the menu. Service and food was great. You made the right choice snapping this hotel up at a good rate since most times, this is the more expensive Hilton in the area.

You might give Hertz a call. They have pick-up and return arrangements with many of the larger hotels, the Marina being one of them, so you might be able to just leave the car at the hotel. There is some info at

http://www.hertz.ca/rentacar/location/index.jsp?targetPage=locationDetailsView.jsp&eoag=FLLC29&resAgnt=&locType=pUp

I'd rather pay for a cab to port, especially from this close, if I had the convenience of not having to return the rental car somewhere else.

Edited by DanJ

We loved it!! Will definitely stay there again! Here are a couple of pics. The 1st one is the view from our room---port side.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b121/jennat99/Oasis%202011/IMG_0588.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b121/jennat99/Oasis%202011/IMG_3992.jpg

THANKS for the reply and the pics! Looking forward to the stay, tomorrow night!!!

You might give Hertz a call. They have pick-up and return arrangements with many of the larger hotels, the Marina being one of them, so you might be able to just leave the car at the hotel. There is some info at

http://www.hertz.ca/rentacar/location/index.jsp?targetPage=locationDetailsView.jsp&eoag=FLLC29&resAgnt=&locType=pUp

I'd rather pay for a cab to port, especially from this close, if I had the convenience of not having to return the rental car somewhere else.

Dan, thanks I just rented from Alamo as they offer the free shuttle to and from the port to the airport, I called them yesterday. It was only $15 more so that in itself "payed" the convenience of no worries.....

We loved it!! Will definitely stay there again! Here are a couple of pics. The 1st one is the view from our room---port side.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b121/jennat99/Oasis%202011/IMG_0588.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b121/jennat99/Oasis%202011/IMG_3992.jpg

Hi Jennmaybe -- Thanks for sharing the pics. So, did you actually see the Oasis of the Seas from your room at the Hilton Marina !! Exciting !! Didn't realize it was that close to the ships.

Hi Jennmaybe -- Thanks for sharing the pics. So, did you actually see the Oasis of the Seas from your room at the Hilton Marina !! Exciting !! Didn't realize it was that close to the ships.

We sure did! That was the view we woke up to! I got up early just so I could catch a glimpse of her coming in that morning. Of course, I zoomed in on the pic, but you can see her plain as day from the balcony.

You'd probably want to be in the top 5 floors or so to get a clear view. The higher the better anyway. Also, depending on the time of year, if Princess has any ships in port, they would likely block the view down to the Oasis. The Oasis is just less than a mile south of the Hilton.

Wow Jennmaybe what a wonderful sight to wake up to. We love it !!

DanJ -- Thanks for the info. We will try to do that.

We are sailing on the Allure on Sunday so staying at the Hilton on Saturday night and won't get to see the Oasis but hopefully we will get to see the Allure !!

Wow Jennmaybe what a wonderful sight to wake up to. We love it !!

DanJ -- Thanks for the info. We will try to do that.

We are sailing on the Allure on Sunday so staying at the Hilton on Saturday night and won't get to see the Oasis but hopefully we will get to see the Allure !!

Oh, I'm so jealous!! We have another 6 months before we leave for Freedom! I hope you have a wonderful cruise and I'm sure you will be able to see Allure. When you check in, ask for a high room, on the marina side. (See if they have a corner room--we were on the top floor and we had a corner room and it was full of windows and we had a huge balcony. Well, huge for a hotel anyway):)

Oh, I'm so jealous!! We have another 6 months before we leave for Freedom! I hope you have a wonderful cruise and I'm sure you will be able to see Allure. When you check in, ask for a high room, on the marina side. (See if they have a corner room--we were on the top floor and we had a corner room and it was full of windows and we had a huge balcony. Well, huge for a hotel anyway):)

Hi Jennmaybe -- I should have said we are leaving on a Sunday because it's not this Sunday -- wish is was though. We still have a little over 2 months to go before we sail on the beautiful Allure. Thanks for the info about the room -- it would be wonderful to have a corner room -- we will ask for that.

Hi Jennmaybe -- I should have said we are leaving on a Sunday because it's not this Sunday -- wish is was though. We still have a little over 2 months to go before we sail on the beautiful Allure. Thanks for the info about the room -- it would be wonderful to have a corner room -- we will ask for that.

That's ok.....I'm still jealous!:) Six months is such a long time!

That's ok.....I'm still jealous!:) Six months is such a long time!

We have stayed here several times pre-cruise and absolutely love it. If you rise early, because you are so excited, around 5:30 AM you can watch the parade of ships come into the port. This is great if you are higher up on the side facing the port or from the ground( not as panoramic) from the ground behind a chain link fence. Very cool way to start the cruise.

We have stayed here several times pre-cruise and absolutely love it. If you rise early, because you are so excited, around 5:30 AM you can watch the parade of ships come into the port. This is great if you are higher up on the side facing the port or from the ground( not as panoramic) from the ground behind a chain link fence. Very cool way to start the cruise.

Thanks Nana G -- We hope to do that!! Would be wonderful to see "our ship come in".

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Does anyone happen to know if this hotel has a hot tub (either indoor or outdoor near the pool?)

I've seen plenty of photos of the pool, which looks great, but I haven't managed to find any of a hot tub. A few people in my party asked about this, so I thought I'd research it.

We're staying here in mid-January before a cruise (Celebrity Constellation), and I realize it might not be quite warm enough for a day of sunning by the pool.