Any Time Dining vs "Traditional" on the Allure

My DH and I are leaving this Sunday on the Allure for our 25th anniversary and our very first cruise:). Since it will only be the two of us, we are leaning towards a more relaxed, non scheduled approach to the week (except for shows... all have been booked). We have four boys and have to run our house on tight schedules daily. Doubt we will do alot of the specialty dining.. opting for formal dining room instead. Our travel agent strongly suggested the Traditional dining so that we have same waiters etc. After much debate I am wondering if we may be happier with Any Time. Any thoughts or advice?????

In the long run as a newbie, I would recommend you try the traditional dining only because its traditional! In the long run you may find anytime works for you, especially if you come back with kids. That said, we were at a table for 4 on Allure, I normally like being at the table for 8-10. There are so many other options, the other couple never came back after the first night. (I really don't think it was us :o

Lots of great info, but here are my questions. We have reserved MTD for each night and really would like to have the same waiters. Our problem is that two of our nights are reserved earlier due to show reservations. Do you still think it is possible to get the same waiter? Also, when is the best time to make that request? I was thinking after dinner the first night when we decide whether or not we like the waiters. Do you think the matre'd is available somewhere?

I am thinking about doing MTD, but the earliest I could reserve is 6:00, can you get in earlier on the Allure?

In TD we have done both scenarios discussed here. On our first RCCL we had just a table for the two of us. We requested it once we got on board. We were supposed to sit at an 8 person table and most nights it sat empty. On our Disney Cruise we sat with a nice group people, we are still friends with one of the couples. We could go either way on this cruise. We like to relax at the dinner table and have coffee with dessert, but when we ate with people we felt rushed to leave when it was only us two at the table with lots of dirty plates.

If I could request a table for two by the windows, I would.

Missy:D

I have one night on our Allure cruise booked for 5:30 to accomodate a show. Kind of early so we will see when it gets here if we cancel and just do the WJ or something else, but yes they do have times to book before 6 on Allure.

I have one night on our Allure cruise booked for 5:30 to accomodate a show. Kind of early so we will see when it gets here if we cancel and just do the WJ or something else, but yes they do have times to book before 6 on Allure.

Thanks, that is what I really want to do, just one day at 5:30, the day that I have flowrider lessons at 7:30 and want my food to digest. 6:00 is fine for the other nights. I know we could eat somewhere else, but I like eating in the MDR.

Missy:D

Lots of great info, but here are my questions. We have reserved MTD for each night and really would like to have the same waiters. Our problem is that two of our nights are reserved earlier due to show reservations. Do you still think it is possible to get the same waiter? Also, when is the best time to make that request? I was thinking after dinner the first night when we decide whether or not we like the waiters. Do you think the matre'd is available somewhere?

It is certainly possible as long as their tables aren't in use by other passengers at the time you want to eat. It is certainly possible to get the same waiters for the other nights and if you can be a bit flexible as to the times you want to eat earlier (ask if they can suggest a good time that will allow you to keep your show schedule), it should be possible to get the same team for the entire cruise. The host or hostess who is stationed at the MTD podium at the entrance of Deck 5 is there to assist you.:) However, I must say that most times when we have not had the same wait staff every evening, we have found that any and all of the waiters have usually been excellent. On one cruise when we were unable to get our usual waiter on one evening, he actually came to our table to see that we were being treated well. :)

Absolutely you can have the same waiters. We eat at different times every night and it has never made a difference. We still always were able to get our same wait staff with no problems at all. Have done it many times since MTD started. We always let them know after the first dinner that we want the same wait staff each night. Matre'd is always around for MTD, they help with check in, seating, etc. So you can just let them know you want the same staff and it will happen.

I especially want the same staff as I am pretty much a veggie person. So I tell the waiter the first night what I want for veggies each night and he does it for me. So having the same staff who knows what we want is great.

Archived