Early flight from Rome after cruise - Is it possible?

shipmatesforlife

Our ship is supposed to dock in Civitavecchia at 5:00am. We want to book a flight home from FCO at 11:05am on a Saturday in April 2013. Is this feasible if we take express walk-off and have transportation waiting?? We haven't booked flight yet. Need to do it soon.:confused:

Our ship docked at 4:30. We were off the ship at 6:30 with driver waiting for us. We got to airport at 7:30 in plenty of time for our 11:50 flight. It should work for you,but maybe best to ask cruisleine what time passengers can disembark.

Thanks for the quick replies. On our last Princess cruise we docked in London around 5:00 and we were in the group to debark on our own at 6:00. We were on the ground running by 6:15. I just wasn't sure how much time to allow for travel to airport then the check in time at the airport. Never flew in or out of Rome before.

Several variables here:

time we dock until we are cleared to debark;

travel time/traffic to airport; (I was checking on "Rome Private Transfer"Civitavecchia Dock shared

transfer from/to Fiumicino - anyone ever used them or heard anything good/bad about them? )

check in/security check time at airport;

distance of gate from security check in.

Hopefully everything will fall into place.:p

Our ship is supposed to dock in Civitavecchia at 5:00am. We want to book a flight home from FCO at 11:05am on a Saturday in April 2013. Is this feasible if we take express walk-off and have transportation waiting?? We haven't booked flight yet. Need to do it soon.:confused:

We docked in Civitavecchia three times in the past (two times in April, and one time in November). All three times we used express walk-off, and we were allowed to leave by 6 a.m. All three times we had a 9:30 a.m. flight (one time on a Wednesday, and twice on a Saturday). All three times we used private transfer which I pre-booked before the cruise (one times we had our own taxi, and two times we shared with four other people on our cruise roll call). All three times I scheduled the pickup time of 6:30 a.m., and we got to the airport before 7:30 a.m every time. IMHO, I think there will not be a problem with an 11:05 a.m. flight.

In April 2013 we will have a 11 a.m. flight out of FCO too (but will be on a Sunday). I think we will be fine.:)

Well, I booked the air with our flight leaving Rome at 11:05. If we miss it we will be on stand by for an 11:50 flight which could be a real bummer. I am thinking positive though.

Thanks for your input.

You should book a private car so it is waiting for you.

Rome is one of the more chaotic airports.

Keith

Agree...I think the last time we got off a ship in Civitavecchia We had an 11:45 flight...we had prebooked a private transfer And it was no problem timing wise...but as Keith said, fasten your seat belt as this airport is very busy...

Archived