Credit cards at Local Village Bar?

Bibble

I've seen some great reviews for Local Village Bar, and a couple people have asked within threads, but I wanted to ask directly:

Does Local Village Bar accept credit cards? (Just trying to plan accordingly when I get off the ship... don't want to have a ton of cash and not need it. But of course, teh alternative is even worse...)

Thanks!

Would never use my creditcard at any foreign or domestic cruise ports. It would be days (until the end of your cruise) before you would be informed.. if at all, by your bank that there might be a problem with fraudulent charges.

We've been using credit cards in the various islands for 30+ years, a great many cruises and never had a problem.

Use common sense but the places where we go are just as safe to use credit cards as the places we go to at home.

No restaurant, small private store etc are perfectly safe for credit card security.

I emailed, but have not heard back yet.

Maybe you should try to send it again. Maybe somehow it got lost in cyberspace. I did find a phone # on tripadvisor. Its 1-649-946-1966 if you would rather try to call.

I checked and don't see a Facebook page for them. Was hoping you could post something there.

Would never use my creditcard at any foreign or domestic cruise ports. It would be days (until the end of your cruise) before you would be informed.. if at all, by your bank that there might be a problem with fraudulent charges.

I use my credit card in foreign cruise ports. It is my preferred method of payment.

The only times I have had problems with fraudulent use has been in the USA.

Go figure!?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just called the number someone posted and they said they do accept credit cards with a $10 minimum charge.

Thanks so much! I sent the email twice, and kept planning to call, but forgot...

I appreciate the info!

• 2 weeks later...
I use my credit card in foreign cruise ports. It is my preferred method of payment.

The only times I have had problems with fraudulent use has been in the USA.

Go figure!?!

We tell the bank and credit card company the ports that we will be in on our cruise. We try to only use American Express, they protect us and will never question us on a fraud charge. Have happened 2 times and absolutely no problem with them. We tell the bank, as if in an emergency we need cash they will know that it is us. Otherwise, we would never use our debit card out of the country.

We have used our debit card at most of the Carnival foreign ports with no problem...

I never, ever use my Debit card, but I use my Credit cards all the time.

With your debit card, your entire bank balance could be wiped out before you have any idea. At least with a credit card, you have fraud protection. And I do alert my card holders and bank before I sail to let them know where I'll be on any given day.

But just for a couple of drinks, I plan on cash. It also helps keep me from overindulging/overspending! ;)

Archived