Do you cruise without your kids?

BusyFLmom

Had a wonderful family cruise this past March. My kids LOVED it...and so did DH and I. I am itching something terrible to book the Splendor Bermuda cruise next year but don't want to include the kids this time. Dh and I have been to Bermuda before (26 yrs ago) and its been our dream to go back. I guess guilt is getting the better of me because of the kids. Just this morning I was telling my 8yo that in 1 week he will be out of school for the summer and his reply was "can we go on a cruise :D"

My first cruise was in 2010 with my mother, I was 36 at the time. Last year I took my DH, DS, and 2 DD's and my parents went along as well. This past February I took my 2 DD's and my mother on a cruise. And my DH and I have a cruise booked for next February...Just the two of us, and any friends that want to go, but NO family! We are super excited for this trip. We have however taken vacations without the kids....sometimes mom and dad need some time for each other without having the kids around. My advice is take the cruise, just make sure that you are comfortable with leaving the kiddos behind and whom ever you are having take care of them.

Yes, my husband and I went on the legend last year w/o the kids. They are 7 and 2 1/2. And we are going on the ecstasy in July w/o them as well. We do land based stuff with them like Disney or waterparks. Have Fun and enjoy your adult time!

I cruise one time a year with my child. If I am lucky enought to cruise a second time, I do not take my child. And every time I feel guilty. But, it doesn't stop me. :)

We sailed with our two boys (8 and 11) for a week in November last year. This year we're leaving them with their grandparents and going on our own. Yes, cruise without your kids!

We cruise completely guilt free without the kids and it's GREAT marriage therapy. The kids can spend their inheritance (if there's anything left) on their own cruise when the time comes.

We cruise completely guilt free without the kids and it's GREAT marriage therapy. The kids can spend their inheritance (if there's anything left) on their own cruise when the time comes.

Ditto. Mine are now 12, 8 and 4. We have cruised without them since before the 4yo was born. Our lives, like everyone else, are pretty hectic, so we don't do "date night". We do "date cruise".:D

I do not feel guilty in the least. My kids are not living a pitiful life, trust me. We live in central Florida. They are well-entertained. We've taken them on a Disney cruise before and plan to do the Breeze with them next summer. But hubby and I take at least one cruise a year without them (or two if they're three or four-dayers).

For our marriage, it's great that we have "our thing" to look forward to. Just today DH texted me a picture of the red box that said "You cruise in 104 days".:)

We have cruised with them and without them. And in the future we will cruise without them; but we are taking them on a short cruise next week. And I've never felt guilty about leaving them at home. I love having them there, but I also love it when it's just me and DH.

Um...

YES!

We only took our daughter once, when she was a year old... and that was because it was a family cruise organized by my mom.

Knowing how addictive cruising is, we are waiting to introduce our kids, for as long as we can. For us, cruising is a more affordable escape than other options available to us and we LOVE being alone together on the sea!

Only if we can get out the door without them seeing us....actually its about 50/50.My DW and I will be going on our 18th cruise in Nov. 12' with the kids,but it will be the kids 11th.Opps no more counting cruises,I will have to caculate the days cruised and re-post.

My kids have been on more cruises than us ( they traveled w/ grandparents a few times, and we have done 4 family cruises) my ds is 15 now dd is 18!! We are leaving Sunday on the legend w/ out the kiddos for the first time!!!! Getting really excited not having to worry about if the kids were having a good time!!

7 cruises, all with our 9 yo son.

For us cruising = fun family time.

We always negotiate 2 nights of adult time only and leave the kid at camp for free play.

Unfortunately we didn't discover cruising until last year but on our first cruise we took our DS who was 18 and on break from college. This year we went on our cruise after he went back to school after the holiday break (tee hee) and for our first Carnival cruise next Feb. he will be back at school but in 2014 he asked to go again so I booked for when he is on break.

My husband and I cruise without the kids for now. This last time I left the kids with their dad. My way of making sure he takes some of his vacation time and also spends extra time with the kids.

I have considered taking them but I personally like not having worries while I'm cruising. If they were with me I'd be worrying and not relaxing. They are 13 and 11. Perhaps when they are in their later teens I'll take them. It's also a money thing.

We also do one land vacation with them when they are out of school in the summer.

Archived