Linked reservations and MyTime Dining

Hello!

We are cruising with some friends on the Freedom in October. We just changed our dining to MyTime dining. Our reservations were originally linked together, but now that we changed to MyTime dining, they are no longer linked. I called about this--they said that it is a system limitation and we can't link reservations with MyTime dining. This sounds silly. I wanted to make reservations for all of us together when our window opens in August. She said that the only thing we can do is to separately try to make reservations for the same time. This goes for the shows and for dining.

Is this correct? What are your experiences with this? I am sure that others have come across something similar, as people travel together all the time.

Thanks so much for your help!

Diane

On our January cruise on Freedom we were able to link our MTD reservations with our friends. It wasn't clear from your post if all of you are on MTD. If so, I would think that you could link them.

We had the same issue. We ended up not making reservations at all and dining around our show times. It worked perfect. Party of 6 and never waited. :) Be sure they have MTD also. Hopefully aside from MTD your reservations are still linked. When show reservations open up, one person can reserve online under their booking for everyone together. :)

We are linked with our friends on an upcoming cruise and we all have MTD. I'm not sure why they are telling you this unless your friends did not make the change to MTD, too. I can see why that would be a problem.

We are in a group w/4 reservations, on oasis, all linked for MTD. I think Dett is correct, you all need to switch your selection to MTD and then the reservation times can be linked.

If you BOTH have MTD, you don't need to "link" anything....just make reservations (or, show up) at the same time and ask to be seated together, as one party! No linking needed!

If both parties aren't signed up for MTD, you can link all you want, but you will NOT eat together....you both have to be in the same dining choice!

Thanks for your help! Yes, our friends are booked on MTD also. I was told that we couldn't link the reservations with MTD. I thought that sounded odd, as we will want to eat together and see shows together. I guess that I will call again and see if someone else can help me. :D

Thanks for your help! Yes, our friends are booked on MTD also. I was told that we couldn't link the reservations with MTD. I thought that sounded odd, as we will want to eat together and see shows together. I guess that I will call again and see if someone else can help me. :D

If your reservations for "the cruise" are linked together by your TA or RC, you will be able to book the shows together. Not sure what the link with MTD is all about.

Make sure your cruise reservations are linked first. Then you should be able to make MTD reservations for everyone in both parties online. We just did this with our upcoming cruise on the FOS. Since our reservation was linked I was able to make MTD reservations each night for all of us.

Hello!

We are cruising with some friends on the Freedom in October. We just changed our dining to MyTime dining. Our reservations were originally linked together, but now that we changed to MyTime dining, they are no longer linked. I called about this--they said that it is a system limitation and we can't link reservations with MyTime dining. This sounds silly. I wanted to make reservations for all of us together when our window opens in August. She said that the only thing we can do is to separately try to make reservations for the same time. This goes for the shows and for dining.

Is this correct? What are your experiences with this? I am sure that others have come across something similar, as people travel together all the time.

Thanks so much for your help!

Diane

Did you book with a travel agent?

I have been trying to make our online reservations for a couple weeks and there are major problems with RCCL reservations for MTD. Yes, our two reservations are linked and yes we both have MTD - but no we are not able to make dining reservations online together. It has been extremely frustrating as I watch the reservations fill up and not being able to book them for my family. I have called and talked to people at RCCL and they have the same difficulty. I know this isn't any help to you about how to go about making reservations - but I wanted you are not alone with this problem.:(

I would not worry to much about it. Unless your a big party, you can go anytime and be seated right away.The line for those without reservations moved quicker then then line with reservations on our cruise. :)

I was able to link my reservation with my families online last night for MTD without a problem. All I needed was their reservation number and last name. Perhaps their is some sort of glitch with one of your reservations that is preventing this from happening.

I am confused! We have been on 7 prior cruises, but none with RCCL. We have always booked early or late dining. This time we have a group of 10, including 4 children. We thought My Time Dining would be ideal since we have no idea how the children (7-13) will stanhd up to shore excursions, kids' programmes, etc and be ready for dinner. Now I read of people making reservations for MTD - what is the point of MTD if you make reservations?

Reservations for shows? Again, we have never had to do that - or been able to. What is so different about RCCL that you need to have reservations for shows? Have we made a mistake? Shpould we have gone with a different cruise line? We were told RCCL was kid friendly, but I am beginning to have my doubts.

Comments anyone?

I am confused! We have been on 7 prior cruises, but none with RCCL. We have always booked early or late dining. This time we have a group of 10, including 4 children. We thought My Time Dining would be ideal since we have no idea how the children (7-13) will stanhd up to shore excursions, kids' programmes, etc and be ready for dinner. Now I read of people making reservations for MTD - what is the point of MTD if you make reservations?

Reservations for shows? Again, we have never had to do that - or been able to. What is so different about RCCL that you need to have reservations for shows? Have we made a mistake? Shpould we have gone with a different cruise line? We were told RCCL was kid friendly, but I am beginning to have my doubts.

Comments anyone?

The reservation for MTD allows you to eat the same time every night and/or have the same table every night without being restricted to traditional dining times. Not sure how many RCI ship classes require reservations for shows but it's more important on the Oasis Class than any other. We had little if any trouble getting into shows without a reservation on Freedom but without on Allure, we missed some shows.

Comments anyone?

I agree that it is annoying to make reservations for MTD. We used it in 2008 for a party of 6. It was fairly new then and there was no such thing as reservations before the sail date. You could make reservations during the cruise; worked great, each night at dinner we discussed the next day's plans and made a reservation for a time that we wanted on the way out. Or just show up and have a minimal wait. Got the same waiter by request no problems. Now for our upcoming cruise I was warned by people on the roll call that it was filling up. Sure enough got on to make reservations and best times not available. Kind of becomes a vicious cycle-allow advanced res and then everyone panics and books it all up. Now are they really filled or are they keeping the peak times open? Not sure-will check when we get on board and move some times if available. Still prefer the times to set seating but not quite as carefree as first time we did it.

To the OP, I simply made res on line and there was an option to add other guests to your res. However, you needed there res #, last name, AND they already had to be signed up for MTD. But it was very easy to do.

It is confusing. MTD, just go when you want or pick your own time and reserve that time for each night. Those are the two options. Unless your a large party, there is hardly any wait for a table if you just show up when YOUR ready. :)

Archived