Please tell me about Bistro on 5

39august

Bristo on Five is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is a $5.00 service charge for food. You can order anything you want off the menu: crepes, sandwiches, salads, and wonderful desset crepes.

It is never crowded, and the service is wonderful. Everything is made to order.

On the Equinox , we always got a table by the windows. I loved the breakfast crepes.

enjoy your cruise.

My friends and I visited Bistro on the Equinox, we went there for lunch after boarding instead of going to the buffet (great tip from right here on the boards). Delicious made to order food, just a flat fee of $5 for the meal. I had salad, savory and dessert crepe. Friends also tried soup and panini. All was very good and well worth the charge. Very prompt service, there were probably just a dozen or so passengers there. Could order drinks (alcoholic/non-alc) if you wanted as well.

Planning a 2014 stay on the Equinox again and will definitely go back!

K

Beware! Word has gotten out! When we went there on boarding day on our Eclipse TA, it was packed to the gills and we were told to come back in an hour!!! The maitre d' kept saying "the buffet is open!!" which we were not interested in at all. Worth waiting for!

The Cowboy followed by the French--YUM!

I'm not sure about this but the hours are listed as 6AM-2AM. We went after a hot shore excursion. It was amazing. I had soup and a panini and it was delicious. The waiter asked if I wanted a dessert crepe and I said sure. It was decadent. Bistro on 5 is not to be missed. Best $5 I spent on the entire cruise.

Beware! Word has gotten out! When we went there on boarding day on our Eclipse TA, it was packed to the gills and we were told to come back in an hour!!! The maitre d' kept saying "the buffet is open!!" which we were not interested in at all. Worth waiting for!

The Cowboy followed by the French--YUM!

We were on the same TA; we boarded at about 11:15am and went directly to Bistro on Five. It opened that day (embarkation day) at 11:30am, so we had no problem getting seated. But about half an hour later, I heard people being put on a waiting list. So yes, the secret is out.

We also had the Cowboy crepe -- fantastic!! Followed by the Italian (pic below) -- nutella and banana. This was fine, but I really love nutella crepes, no banana needed; so on my next visit, I asked them to hold the bananas. Much better! :)

EclipseTA025_01.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

I've never tried the specialty restaurants or any restaurant that has an extra fee. Is it the same as when you order a drink..tip already included in the tab? What about if you want to tip more?

Thanks!

Camelia

We always leave a tip, so usually the total is $15 for the two of us. I don't believe it's absolutely necessary but we always feel better when we do it.

BTW if you notice, there are a couple of tables way in the back that are frequented by officers, entertainment staff, etc. Almost always seems to be some personnel back there.

We were on the same TA; we boarded at about 11:15am and went directly to Bistro on Five. It opened that day (embarkation day) at 11:30am, so we had no problem getting seated. But about half an hour later, I heard people being put on a waiting list. So yes, the secret is out.

We also had the Cowboy crepe -- fantastic!! Followed by the Italian (pic below) -- nutella and banana. This was fine, but I really love nutella crepes, no banana needed; so on my next visit, I asked them to hold the bananas. Much better! :)

EclipseTA025_01.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

Oh God! I am HUNGRY NOW!!! I still have 13 days before I can try it... :(

Archived