move kids between cabins

travelhome

We are going on an Alaska cruise soon. Grandparents will be in a balcony and we will be in an inside for 4 of us right across the hallway. Kids are 6 and 4 and well-behaved.

Grandparents had expressed that they would take kids to sleep in their cabin to give us some privacy... and even said they would switch the cabin with us so that 4 of us will have more room. I certainly appreciate the offer very much but am wondering whether it is ok to switch beds at all. Just wondering...

Thanks for any input. This will be our very first cruise experience.

We had a couple balconies and 3 inside on our recent Alaska. Then did the switch once on board, got multiple keys for all the cabins.

As other poster said, no worries or cares by the ship from my last few cruise experience.

We are going on an Alaska cruise soon. Grandparents will be in a balcony and we will be in an inside for 4 of us right across the hallway. Kids are 6 and 4 and well-behaved.

Grandparents had expressed that they would take kids to sleep in their cabin to give us some privacy... and even said they would switch the cabin with us so that 4 of us will have more room. I certainly appreciate the offer very much but am wondering whether it is ok to switch beds at all. Just wondering...

Do all balcony cabins have enough beds for 4 people?

Do all balcony cabins have enough beds for 4 people?

I can only speak for NCL Sun and Star, the Sun's balcony cabins had room for 2 adults and 2 children, but the Star did not. (You need to move to a mini suite to fit 4 people in a cabin.)

Definitely check into the sleeping arrangements before you go ;)

I can only speak for NCL Sun and Star' date=' the Sun's balcony cabins had room for 2 adults and 2 children, but the Star did not. (You need to move to a mini suite to fit 4 people in a cabin.)

Definitely check into the sleeping arrangements before you go ;)[/quote']

Was going to suggest this too, not all cabins sleep 4 or even 3. We initially booked a minisuite on Princess for the four of us (2 adults 2 kids) then decided to bring our nanny along, so we booked her an inside cabin across the hall and switched out one of the kids into her cabin, to avoid paying a single supplement on the nanny's cabin. I made sure when we booked it that we kept the exact minisuite we'd originally booked, so we could have the kids actually sleeping in the minisuite with us, not in the nanny's cabin. Because, a lot of the minisuites on Princess don't sleep 4.

Archived