Would this float? Coin n lapel pin trades

EdmPair

I have a trip booked in a few months and wonder if my souvenir idea could work. I have a small collection of lapel pins and another collection of coins. Neither contain collector items, just circulating coins.

If I sat at a small table along some walkway with good visibility and tossed up a sign saying "Pin trading" or "Coin Trading" ... Sit and talk. Do ya think I will get a few peeps to stop and give their local coins in return for Canuck and other coins? Or will I carry the same metal both ways on the plane?

I have a trip booked in a few months and wonder if my souvenir idea could work. I have a small collection of lapel pins and another collection of coins. Neither contain collector items, just circulating coins.

If I sat at a small table along some walkway with good visibility and tossed up a sign saying "Pin trading" or "Coin Trading" ... Sit and talk. Do ya think I will get a few peeps to stop and give their local coins in return for Canuck and other coins? Or will I carry the same metal both ways on the plane?

I can't say I've ever seen anyone do this or something similar but I'm sure you'd get some "hits" as far as striking up conversation though. You might try it in one of the card rooms or puzzle places and see. I think the problem would be with people reciprocating as, beyond a little pocket change, people don't usually travel with these items. I think I'd have a sit and a chat though.

Your best bet would be to join the roll call for your cruise and offer this as a possibility at the roll call Meet and Greet.

This way interested roll call members can bring coins to trade with them.

Princess would probably not be happy with you setting up "shop" somewhere even though you are not actually selling anything. If they let you do it, then then would have to let everyone do it.

You wouldn't be able to do this in any walkway as it might impede foot, wheelchair or scooter traffic. You also can't set it up in a lounge that's being used for an activity scheduled by the CD, and most lounges are in use on sea days.

As Bill suggests, check with your roll call and perhaps set it up as an activity during your Meet & Greet. Otherwise, I don't see the CD approving your doing this. While you know you're legit, the CD doesn't and anything that appears to be organized or condoned by the CD has to be pre-approved. (S)he normally approve activities of interest to a number of passengers which is why I think your chances are pretty slim.

Archived