Emergency Number

Mysteryreader

My 98 yo mother is in poor health. I always leave a contact number if we're going to be out of town. We'll be on Summit cruising to Bermuda this coming Sun. What # should I leave? Celebrity #? Call the ship # on the website?

TIA.

M/R

When I'm on call on a cruise I leave my cell phone on, so I can be contacted anywhere. It's connected to the ship 's cell phone tower "cellular at Sea" and does not cost anything unless I actually use it. The rates for use are exorbitant, but in times like this it's worth it.

To add to ORDMan's post, check with your cellular carrier about service in Bermuda because none of the ships we have been on had their cellular systems active while in port or even close to shore. Leaving your cell phone active is the best plan but it would be a good idea to leave a contact number for Celebrity or the ship as a back up.

In case you don't want to be paying through the nose for your cell phone bill, here's the Shore to ship number:

Shore-to-Ship Calls

877-266-1020

But be aware the cost of shore to ship calls are $7.95 per minute and can only be placed with a credit card.

Thanks for the tip!

My sister has a few sick pets that need care while on our cruise. She has a Vet Student Doctor watching them, but having a phone number for them to call aside from her cell, will give her and her DH peace of mind.

B

Thx for the advice. I called the Cap Club # and here is what I was told:

Emergency contact #: 1-877-266-1020; calls are $7.95, credit cd only. The person will need (1) your ship's name, (2) your cabin #. If you aren't in your cabin, a message will be left there.

M/R

Archived