Suites on Dawn - need help deciding!

welovelibby

We are trying to decide between the Deck 8 aft suite with balcony and the family suite on deck 12. The spinnaker is directly under the suite on Deck 8, any noise issues anyone? The Bimini Bar and Grill is above the family suite on Deck 12, any noise? Anyone have a recommendation? Thanks in advance:)

Just off the Dawn today 6/8.

We sailed in an SD suite #12520. Very well appointed and comfortable for our family of 5. Nice big comfy loungers on the balcony. Big glass walls with wonderful views of the sea.

We would sail in one of these again.

We sailed in an SD suite #12520. Very well appointed and comfortable for our family of 5. Nice big comfy loungers on the balcony. Big glass walls with wonderful views of the sea.

So glad you enjoyed this room....we are on the Dawn next door to this cabin in #12522. Going on Canada/New England cruise in Oct.

We were in a Dawn aft suite on deck 8 last month - if you do not usually sleep in complete silence you are fine (we usually have a radio or TV on at home). The Spinnaker usually winds down between midnight and 1 AM. I found the thump thump of the bass line pretty cool really ;-)

We were in a Dawn aft suite on deck 8 last month - if you do not usually sleep in complete silence you are fine (we usually have a radio or TV on at home). The Spinnaker usually winds down between midnight and 1 AM. I found the thump thump of the bass line pretty cool really ;-)

We do sleep in complete silence and I am a light sleeper. I think deck 12 will be the better option. Thanks!

Where does the jogging track end?

Okay, according to Drag It deckplans (line up elevator banks/stairs) http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Norwegian Dawn

Avoid cabins 12528 and 12028 as they are directly under the jogging track (hint: the Board Room and Paris Meeting Room on 12 are also directly under the jogging track if you want to know where the jogging track is).

Part of cabins 12530 and 12030 - window side - is under jogging track.

Cabins 12532 and 12032 are better than 12530 and 12030 (where the jogging track is concerned) but they are handicapped cabins.

Cabins 12524 and 12024 seem to be okay.

Cabins 12522 and 12022 are below the base of the stairs leading up to Bimini Bar & Grill - yoi might hear low thumping sound as people step off the bottom step. Not so bad.

Cabins 12520/12020 and forward are fine.

We were in cabin 12016 on Star and it was perfect location.

Enjoy.

Okay, according to Drag It deckplans (line up elevator banks/stairs) http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Norwegian Dawn

Avoid cabins 12528 and 12028 as they are directly under the jogging track (hint: the Board Room and Paris Meeting Room on 12 are also directly under the jogging track if you want to know where the jogging track is).

Part of cabins 12530 and 12030 - window side - is under jogging track.

Cabins 12532 and 12032 are better than 12530 and 12030 (where the jogging track is concerned) but they are handicapped cabins.

Cabins 12524 and 12024 seem to be okay.

Cabins 12522 and 12022 are below the base of the stairs leading up to Bimini Bar & Grill - yoi might hear low thumping sound as people step off the bottom step. Not so bad.

Cabins 12520/12020 and forward are fine.

We were in cabin 12016 on Star and it was perfect location.

Enjoy.

Since there are no cabins with the number "4" on the Dawn except those on Deck 4,are you referring to 12026 and 12526 and not 12524 and 12024 above?

I can verify that 12522 (at least on the Star) is below the base of the steps and you can hear people jumping down the last step until at least 1am. We also heard them dropping the stacks of lounge chairs at 6am each morning. It wouldn't stop me from booking it again but there was some noise.

Since there are no cabins with the number "4" on the Dawn except those on Deck 4,are you referring to 12026 and 12526 and not 12524 and 12024 above?

I can verify that 12522 (at least on the Star) is below the base of the steps and you can hear people jumping down the last step until at least 1am. We also heard them dropping the stacks of lounge chairs at 6am each morning. It wouldn't stop me from booking it again but there was some noise.

Oooppsss. Yes, you are correct about 12026 and 12526! I was incorrect about 12024 and 12524.

Thank you Peg for that. :)

• 1 year later...

Hi great to hear you had a wonderful time. Are there more electrical outlets in these family suites we are booked 7-05-13 next week very excited.

Hi great to hear you had a wonderful time. Are there more electrical outlets in these family suites we are booked 7-05-13 next week very excited.

I recommend that you bring a power strip as there are not a lot of open electrical outlets.

Archived