Plugs - Independence of the Seas

lynn2002

Can anyone tell me which plug adapter I need for this ship. Also I read that Royal Caribbean only have one socket and its adviseable to take an extension socket. However, will the UK ones work on the ship? Do I only use the one adapter in the ship's socket or do I need separate adapters for each socket on the extension?

Indy was built in Europe, on the 220v system, and is run on that system. There will be a European socket in your cabin, and you'll need an adapter (couple of £s from Tesco, Argos etc)

Because it's an American ship, it will also have an American socket, which uses transformers to get down to the American 110v. You'll need another adapter for that! The European one is good, because that's what the ship is using; the American one should be fine, too, but perhaps slower.

Buy a couple of adapters, and keep them in your suitcases for further cruises....:D The majority of ships are built in Europe, and the 220v is used by all these.....with local sockets, such as UK ones, on British managed ships.

Jo.

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely take an extension lead with the amount of items that have to be re-charged, straighteners and dvd player we'll be fighting over who has use of the socket.

• 3 weeks later...

There are two of the Euro 2 round pin type. Also the clock radio is plugged in to one.

We used the normal adaptor and never had any trouble fitting the plug in the wall. (Owners suite)

There is also a shaver with dual voltage in the bathroom

Archived