Auckland Airport

2goldens

We will be staying at the Hilton in Auckland and have an 8:30 am flight leaving Auckland. What time do you feel we need to leave the hotel to get to the airport and all checked in. Not really sure how far the hotel is from the airport & how busy the Auckland airport is. Also, what do you think is the best way to get to the airport from the hotel - should we hire a private driver or take a taxi or what? Any suggestions would be helpful.

The Auckland airport is quite a distance from the downtown area where the Hilton is located. I recall it took us about 45 minutes to get from the airport to our hotel which was located next to the Sky Tower. I believe the recommended check-in time for international flights is 3 hours before departure. You may want to check with your airline to see what they recommend. You are going to have to have an early morning departure from your hotel.

I would think that a taxi is all the you would require and if there happened to not be a taxi line-up at the hotel, the doorman could certainly call one for you.

At that time in the morning the traffic will be very light and a trip to the airport will be hassle free .You could even do it in about 25/30 minutes.

Taxi would be the best bet . Just see the concierge at the Hotel and they will arrange/book one for you and will advise the time you need to leave.

I always use this company, very reliable, quick, and cheap. http://www.supershuttle.co.nz If you go online there is a section for a quick quote. You can also request to pay the driver on the day. Never had an issue with these guys, also if you are flying in (in the future), they have so many shuttle buses at the airport, that there really is no need to book, as they come and go every few minutes....just get off the plane, walk out and grab one like you would a taxi.

I always use this company, very reliable, quick, and cheap. www.supershuttle.co.nz If you go online there is a section for a quick quote. You can also request to pay the driver on the day. Never had an issue with these guys, also if you are flying in (in the future), they have so many shuttle buses at the airport, that there really is no need to book, as they come and go every few minutes....just get off the plane, walk out and grab one like you would a taxi.

Thanks will defnitely check into them. The Hilton was quoting us $140 NZD for private transfer to airport for the 4 of us. The company you referred us to gave me a quick quote for private transfer for 4 of $97 NZD. Quite a difference. Thanks.

Archived