Oosterdam Banner - Did you ever sign it? Photo Attached

MR NW GUY

Here are 3-photos I took in 2012 of the Oosterdam Banner. Can you find your name? :cool:

Thanks Mr NW Guy :) Yes the Banner is still on the Oosterdam. We have left it there and realy not sure what we will do with it since the back of this banner is really full :o If anyone has any ideas let me know.

MW Guy maybe you can upload to another online photo site like webshots or photo bucket and then copy and past a larger picture or give us the link to take a look at it :)

I know my name is there several times :D

Thanks Mr NW Guy :) Yes the Banner is still on the Oosterdam. We have left it there and realy not sure what we will do with it since the back of this banner is really full :o If anyone has any ideas let me know.

MW Guy maybe you can upload to another online photo site like webshots or photo bucket and then copy and past a larger picture or give us the link to take a look at it :)

I know my name is there several times :D

Lisa,

I emailed the pictures to you last week. I am happy to email to anyone who wants them. My email is on my signature line. I will also try to get them on photo bucket later tonight.

We'll be on her in September.....where do we find the banner?

Thx...

Sue

The Banner was used for when we did Web Cam Banner Waves in San Diego.... well until they took away the web cam in San Diego, still cannot beleive that happened. We had quite a few years of being able to watch the HAL ships in San Diego and do things like the 3 PM Web Cam Banner Wave.

Right now the Cruise Critic Banner is in the Hotel Manager's Office, basically waiting for me to tell them what we want to do with it because there is no web cam in Seattle that can zoom in to see anyone, then she is leaving for New Zealand and it does not appear to be any web cams that will work there wither but then I doubt any of us would want to cell phones calling down under to coordinate.

Now as you can see from those that have signed it, they were not always in San Diego many Cruise Critic Roll Calls requested the Banner to be displayed at the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet and that can still be done. But I will say that unfortunately the back is getting really full and not a whole lot of room for any more signatures :o

You photos make me smile, reminds me of such special times.:D After assisting in it's creation, DH and I have signed that banner many times.:D It is very special to me because it shows signatures from cruises with my boys and Sister on the Oosterdam also. Also each time I look at it I see signatures of so many friends from here at CC! :D

It warms my heart to see it full on the back and hope that someday I get to see it again!:D :D

You photos make me smile, reminds me of such special times.:D After assisting in it's creation, DH and I have signed that banner many times.:D It is very special to me because it shows signatures from cruises with my boys and Sister on the Oosterdam also. Also each time I look at it I see signatures of so many friends from here at CC! :D

It warms my heart to see it full on the back and hope that someday I get to see it again!:D :D

I remember that day very well myself. ;) It was so much fun to surprise all of you!!

254737938_n582871773_2121937_9162-14-09.jpg.e458057892bc42d45f0770fd10e4a087.jpg

I remember that day very well myself. ;) It was so much fun to surprise all of you!!

Yes it most certainly was!!:D :D

We need to do something with the banner, too many signatures and good times associated with it!!

Yes it most certainly was!!:D :D

We need to do something with the banner, too many signatures and good times associated with it!!

I am open to any suggestions and actually think you should have it Sher. I am sure that the Hotel Manager that is joining the Oosterdam tomorrow could assist in having it sent to you.

I am open to any suggestions and actually think you should have it Sher. I am sure that the Hotel Manager that is joining the Oosterdam tomorrow could assist in having it sent to you.

No I really think if anything it should stay on a ship or with you. :) But maybe one of our CC friends has a better idea.....anyone???

Maybe Stein Kruse would like a gift.....;) Or we could put it in the exhibit that San Diego can have in the now unused port facilities as a relic of times when ships did cruise from San Diego!

I have to wonder if the Corporate Offices in Seattle are aware of the Banner? Maybe someone should see if they have an idea of where the banner could be displayed or retained. Someone had made a very nice holder to store the banner in.

I signed it the first time it was used...In San Diego Feb 28, 2009 when she left for her repo to Italy. It was a brand new banner then, the old one being so full was retired. EM

Just a little correction :) The first time this banner was used was February 14, 2009. This was for the Yum Yum Man II Cruise, Localady brought it on board and was instrumental in getting the new banner made, her husband made thcase that holds it. With many thinks to several HAL Board CC members who donated money to have this Banner made.

I was originally part of this Group cruise and had to cancel so no one from the group was expecting Tom and I. About 3 weeks before the cruise we decided to join them but as a surprise :D That was the day this Banner was first used and the picture I posted several posts back was Localady, myself Marcella who was the Hotel Manager of the Oosterdam at that time and another CC member misswindycity.

Archived