Moderators????

That you posted on.....

Of course this post just points out a Catch 22 that an amazing number of people fail to grasp. If you post on a thread that you would like to see go away, your post just moves the thread to the top, making it more likely that someone else will see it and post on it. And yet people post some think along the line of, "I hope this thread gets deleted."

Of course getting rid of the VIFP threads will just make more room for the tipping and dress code threads.

Honestly, if you see something you don't like, just ignore it.

Do any even exist for this board...Make the VIFP a sticky and direct all the whining there...then close down the 7 million posts that have no value added so others can use this board.....

Like yours?? And the point of your post was...

What carnival head honchos came up with this ridiculous new loyalty program?

It's fine to make it harder to "earn" levels for those who haven't reached it, but absolutely a bad marketing tool to "downgrade" people.

These stupid carnival head honchos have ruined my cruisecritic experience for this weekend!!!

Do any even exist for this board...Make the VIFP a sticky and direct all the whining there...then close down the 7 million posts that have no value added so others can use this board.....

I understand where you are going. Other boards are moderated so much better. Threads are merged, airfare questions go to the Cruise Air board timely, questions about ports go to the specific board timely, etc. Sometimes it seems the only way things are moved to the appropriate board is if someone reports the thread and requests that it be moved.

In defense of the moderators, am I incorrect that one was recently let go? Perhaps the additional workload is overwhelming the current mods.

At my company, short staffed isn't an excuse. Haven't seen any recruiting inquiries out either, so they must think it is manageable. I think Stu would be a great Mod/Host.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In defense of the moderators, am I incorrect that one was recently let go? Perhaps the additional workload is overwhelming the current mods.

More then likely it is just a nice day and they have better things to do. If something is posted you believe to be outside of the guidelines, triangle it and some mod will respond, whether they are dedicated "Carnival" mods or not.

To the OP: The moderators are called a Host on this board...Laura is the Senior Host:

Laura

Sr. Manager Community

community@cruisecritic.com

Cruise Critic

And you can email the other hosts...see this link for each host and the forum they are assigned to.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=cruisecritic

I have used them to merge a thread or delete something before and it takes a day or two but it has worked for me...

Good Luck.

To the OP: The moderators are called a Host on this board...Laura is the Senior Host:

Laura

Sr. Manager Community

community@cruisecritic.com

Cruise Critic

And you can email the other hosts...see this link for each host and the forum they are assigned to.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=cruisecritic

I have used them to merge a thread or delete something before and it takes a day or two but it has worked for me...

Good Luck.

if you want to ask a mod to delete your thread, just click on the red triangle in the upper right hand corner and request their attention .. instead of expecting them to read every single post on every thread.

easy if you really want your thread deleted.

If you click the red triangle they will get the notice you are requesting something.

Very funny

Archived