Crown and anchor points questions?

We were in the same position as JAMESCC, we had 28 points at the start of a cruise.

I had read on the Forum , that, we could be moved up to Platinum once we had done the two nights needed.

On the fourth day,I spoke to the loyalty Ambassador, and asked very nicely, but she said no(very nicely!!) She asked where I had heard this and and I told her , she said that she had someone else tell her the same thing, but company policy was that you had your points added only when you completed the cruise. :p

Anne

We were in the same position as JAMESCC, we had 28 points at the start of a cruise.

I had read on the Forum , that, we could be moved up to Platinum once we had done the two nights needed.

On the fourth day,I spoke to the loyalty Ambassador, and asked very nicely, but she said no(very nicely!!) She asked where I had heard this and and I told her , she said that she had someone else tell her the same thing, but company policy was that you had your points added only when you completed the cruise. :p

Anne

Interesting info, thanks. I think they would be smart to make policy to allow you to move into the next C&A category during the cruise. I think it would get some very excited to cruise when they are very close to moving up and the next cruise puts them over the top. I think it would create interest. You think it would?

Interesting info, thanks. I think they would be smart to make policy to allow you to move into the next C&A category during the cruise. I think it would get some very excited to cruise when they are very close to moving up and the next cruise puts them over the top. I think it would create interest. You think it would?

Not interest as much as more confusion for the LA's on board. When it was cruise credits you didn't earn them until you completed your cruise. It should remain the same with cruise points.

Hi JAMESCC,

I think it would be a great idea for cruisers, but I think it would be a real headache for the staff!!!! :mad:

Unless you were moving up to Diamond or Diamond Plus, I think the only difference would be the coupon book. :cool:

Anne

Hi JAMESCC,

I think it would be a great idea for cruisers, but I think it would be a real headache for the staff!!!! :mad:

Unless you were moving up to Diamond or Diamond Plus, I think the only difference would be the coupon book. :cool:

Anne

Moving from Platinum to D or D to D+ means you have access to the Diamond Lounge/Concierge Lounge. More work for each Concierge to keep track of who belongs.

Off Topic........I see by your signature that you were on Radiance in October of 2011. Which itinerary did you do? We were on the October 15 sailing from Sydney to Perth and then the October 31 sailing from Perth back to Sydney.

Yes you do need 175 points. I can't figure out how, with 145 points, one could make D+ midway through a cruise. Even doing a 15 day cruise in a JS, you wouldn't make D+ until the end of the cruise.

I have no idea where Rick got his info from, but I've never heard of anyone being allowed into the CL mid-way through a cruise because they went from D to D+. :eek: You do not get credit for those nights until you have completed the cruise.

Patti, bad point calculation on my part. So change the figure to 170 points. And yes, I'm aware of the LA, part way thru a cruise, putting a D+ sticker on a card, and the user was allowed into the CL from that point on.

I'm also aware of people becoming Pinnacle part way thru their cruise, and being honored as that for the rest of the cruise.;)

Rick

Hi Patti,

just noticed your little off post, sorry.

We did Perth to Sydney (bottom end)which should have departed on 31st October, but delayed for 24 hours due to the Qantas Strike, :mad:

We loved it.

Have booked for 2014 doing the top end from Perth to Sydney, really looking forward to it. Was amazed to find that booking two years out, we could not get the cabin we wanted as there were quite a few bookings before us.

Anne

Patti, bad point calculation on my part. So change the figure to 170 points. And yes, I'm aware of the LA, part way thru a cruise, putting a D+ sticker on a card, and the user was allowed into the CL from that point on.

I'm also aware of people becoming Pinnacle part way thru their cruise, and being honored as that for the rest of the cruise.;)

Rick

And the LA was wrong in doing what they did. This has been discussed in another thread.

As far as becoming Pinnacle and being recognized for it during a cruise...........you are recognized on the cruise where you are earning your 700th cruise point no matter the itinerary. This procedure is set forth by C&A and not the LA on board a ship. This is a slightly different scenario that reaching D+ at 175 cruise points.

Plus, from all the whinning I've heard from other PC Members, there are no additional benefits on board and if there are they are minimial. :D

Hi Patti,

just noticed your little off post, sorry.

We did Perth to Sydney (bottom end)which should have departed on 31st October, but delayed for 24 hours due to the Qantas Strike, :mad:

We loved it.

Have booked for 2014 doing the top end from Perth to Sydney, really looking forward to it. Was amazed to find that booking two years out, we could not get the cabin we wanted as there were quite a few bookings before us.

Anne

We were on that cruise. I don't believe you ever signed up for the roll call. It was a great cruise wasn't it and we got to spend an extra day in Perth.

You completed a cruise that was listed in the March 2012 C&A Promo as receiving 6 extra bonus points. Here is the link that will explain it March Promotion - Extra Cruise Points Question See Post #6 for a complete list of cruises.

Thank you for the info. I couldn't get the link to open for me. But it's nice to know we got something extra. :D

Anne

We were on a 14 night cruise and 3 points away from Diamond and they said "no" Our friends who came with us were 1 point away from D+ and they were also told "NO" . It was explained to us that points are awarded at the completion of the cruise. A week after we returned home, our status was changed to Diamond.

We were on that cruise. I don't believe you ever signed up for the roll call. It was a great cruise wasn't it and we got to spend an extra day in Perth.

Hi Patti,

Off topic again.

Didn't sign up for Roll call, my Lovely Mum died just after we booked the cruise and I just couldn't motivate myself.

We had a ball, loved Perth and thought Sydney was amazing, we stayed on for 4 days after the cruise

Did you enjoy doing the Top End?

Any must do's that you can think of?

What did you think of Airlie Beach and Port Douglas?

Anne

I just talked to RCCL and they said in way does your new status kick in on that cruise. They said the next cruise, that settles it for me. I'm not gonna even bother with it on our next cruise and to be honest its not a big deal. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Archived