All things Carnival Breeze!

Topo Gigio

This is what I was thinking.

I am SOOOOOOO longing for some more Breeze reviews and PHOTOS!! ;)

I will take in the Med reviews as they appear but since I am not sailing until January I will be really excited when the Caribbean Cruise reviews start coming in because then I know it will be closer :D

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DH and I get on board in Barcelona on Nov 6th, after a month in Turkey and Spain. We'll be dirty, exhausted and ready for an American burger and a nice comfy bed. We'll do a review when we get home. We loved the Dream transatlantic and I expect we'll like this one too!!

GREAT!!!!!! I will really be looking forward to that review!

I really wanted my dad to book the Breeze TA for him and my mom. That really looks like a perfect cruise to me. I would love to do a TA/repositioning cruise one of these days. I returned to school a couple of years ago so until I finish (next May :D) I am at the mercy of my college schedule and studies.

Sailed on the Breeze from June 27th to July 9th. There were 8 of us total, all family, and we were in cabins 7312, 7316, 7320 & 7324. The beds were very comfortable and our room steward opened up all the dividers on the balconies for us.

We were dropped off at Pier #4 in Barcelona around 11am and was on board the ship by 11:30. NO lines and very orderly. Cabins were not ready until just after 1pm. The Lido Marketplace was open for lunch, as were the pool & hot tubs.

Guys Burgers......all I can say is DELICIOUS!!! Best burgers I've ever eaten!

Cucina.....great pasta lunch (free) and they also serve caeser salads and a roll. No desserts. The one thing we heard everyone complaining about, including ourselves, is that the restaurant is just below the basketball court so all you here is the sound of bouncing balls, which at times, was extremely loud & very annoying. This is NOT the case during dinner because the court is closed.

I did not eat at Chops or Bonsai so I cannot offer any opinions. My daughter & son/law did eat at Bonsai and said it was very good.

I purchased 2 "tall" Americano Coffees each day (AM & late afternoon) at the Cafe located on deck 5. Much better tasting than the free coffee on the Lido deck and I thought $2.27 a cup with gratuity was fair. I didn't purchase any of their desserts but they all looked good and were very inexpensive.

We were told there was 4,014 passengers on board and 1,300 crew members and I thought for sure on our first sea day that you would know it. Hard to believe, but there were NO crowds. Lounge chairs around the Lido pool and up in the Serenity area went quick, but found many chairs available on each side of the ship on Deck 5. There's no pool on this deck, but there are hot tubs & showers, and it's quite quiet.

There were 2 Elegant nights......the first sea day into the cruise and the last. My husband wore his suit and I a cocktail dress but some guests were dressed more casually and a handful much more elegant.

We were seated (table 742) in the upper level of Blush. Our waiter, Adrian, has been with Carnival for 14 years and was excellent. He was also accompanied by Nickolay & Peter, who were just as good. The food was very, very good and Adrian went out of his way to make sure you were completely satisfied with both the food & service.

I know this is very short, but I wanted to give you guys just a little information. I'm at work so I have to run for now, but please don't hesitate to ask any questions. I will do my best to answer.

Karen

This is what I was thinking.

I am SOOOOOOO longing for some more Breeze reviews and PHOTOS!! ;)

I will take in the Med reviews as they appear but since I am not sailing until January I will be really excited when the Caribbean Cruise reviews start coming in because then I know it will be closer :D

We are on the first cruise(s) out of Miami and I'm am planning on doing a very in-depth review once we get back.

Well.... I'm at least going prepared to create a review with lots of photos/video. DW & I bought a better camera so I'm learning how to use it now. Plus will have my Kodak HD video camera.

I have my iPad loaded up with a note taking app so I can do a better job of documenting what we do each day. :D

I sure have enjoyed some of the better reviews on CC and hope I can make a better go of it than my previous review attempts.

We are on the first cruise(s) out of Miami and I'm am planning on doing a very in-depth review once we get back.

Well.... I'm at least going prepared to create a review with lots of photos/video. DW & I bought a better camera so I'm learning how to use it now. Plus will have my Kodak HD video camera.

I have my iPad loaded up with a note taking app so I can do a better job of documenting what we do each day. :D

I sure have enjoyed some of the better reviews on CC and hope I can make a better go of it than my previous review attempts.

YEAH!!!! I'll be looking for it :D

On the Breeze reviews several people state of the ship being overcrowded and lines of people everywhere,did anyone else experience this or was it just the few that gave bad reviews,Not seen many brilliant reviews.I am on her in sept and thought the reviews would be alot more positive with it being a new ship,any one got any balcony cabins pics pls

thanks lolmerry

Sailed on the Breeze from June 27th to July 9th. There were 8 of us total, all family, and we were in cabins 7312, 7316, 7320 & 7324. The beds were very comfortable and our room steward opened up all the dividers on the balconies for us.

We were dropped off at Pier #4 in Barcelona around 11am and was on board the ship by 11:30. NO lines and very orderly. Cabins were not ready until just after 1pm. The Lido Marketplace was open for lunch, as were the pool & hot tubs.

Cucina.....great pasta lunch (free) and they also serve caeser salads and a roll. No desserts. The one thing we heard everyone complaining about, including ourselves, is that the restaurant is just below the basketball court so all you here is the sound of bouncing balls, which at times, was extremely loud & very annoying. This is NOT the case during dinner because the court is closed.

I did not eat at Chops or Bonsai so I cannot offer any opinions. My daughter & son/law did eat at Bonsai and said it was very good.

I purchased 2 "tall" Americano Coffees each day (AM & late afternoon) at the Cafe located on deck 5. Much better tasting than the free coffee on the Lido deck and I thought $2.27 a cup with gratuity was fair. I didn't purchase any of their desserts but they all looked good and were very inexpensive.

We were told there was 4,014 passengers on board and 1,300 crew members and I thought for sure on our first sea day that you would know it. Hard to believe, but there were NO crowds. Lounge chairs around the Lido pool and up in the Serenity area went quick, but found many chairs available on each side of the ship on Deck 5. There's no pool on this deck, but there are hot tubs & showers, and it's quite quiet.

There were 2 Elegant nights......the first sea day into the cruise and the last. My husband wore his suit and I a cocktail dress but some guests were dressed more casually and a handful much more elegant.

We were seated (table 742) in the upper level of Blush. Our waiter, Adrian, has been with Carnival for 14 years and was excellent. He was also accompanied by Nickolay & Peter, who were just as good. The food was very, very good and Adrian went out of his way to make sure you were completely satisfied with both the food & service.

I know this is very short, but I wanted to give you guys just a little information. I'm at work so I have to run for now, but please don't hesitate to ask any questions. I will do my best to answer.

Karen

The wife and I are staying in 7316 ,I was wondering if you had any pictures of the room or any right around it -Thank you

On the Breeze reviews several people state of the ship being overcrowded and lines of people everywhere,did anyone else experience this or was it just the few that gave bad reviews,Not seen many brilliant reviews.I am on her in sept and thought the reviews would be alot more positive with it being a new ship,any one got any balcony cabins pics pls

thanks lolmerry

It has been reported that sister ships Dream and Magic can be overcrowded at certain times. As a matter of fact when I took the thanks giving cruise on the Dream, it was the most crowded ship I had been on!

Karen

Agree with Karen. Chairs on the Lido were hogged very early each morning. We stayed on the stern near the pool bar. I would be out by 7:30 and stay until around noonish. Watched many saved chairs with no one coming and taking them. However on deck 5 and other areas people were able to find chairs. When we were on board for lunch we did Guys. Usually I like CCL' buffet but not this time. In fact I had always found CCL's buffets to be superior to RCCL, no more. Dining room food was fine. We ate their 8 of the nights. Two nights we ate in the steak house and one in the Italian (which for $12 was fine). The other night we ate at the bed and breakfast in Rome Remo Di Roma"s. It was fabulous. We started eating around 7:15 PM and was still going at 11:00 PM. Great place to stay. Remo also is owner/co owner of DriversInRome and we used him in Florence, Rome and Messina. His company was great!!!

The wife and I are staying in 7316 ,I was wondering if you had any pictures of the room or any right around it -Thank you

392725838_Cabin7320.jpg.b987eddeeaea94e59b1d36a3794cce56.jpg

This is cabin 7320 which my daughter stayed in. Cabin 7316 is the same set up, only the room is reversed and the bed is on the left side as you enter the cabin.

Karen

Edited by kgm0612
spelling

Karen,

Which excursions did you do and please rate. Did you go thru ship or private? We leave in a few months, so will live thru others till then.

Thanks

Linda,

I saved the list of Carnival excursions and will post to you later with what we did and how much it cost per person.

Karen

thanks lolmerry

We never experienced any crowds on the ship at all. A few times we did have to wait in line to get back onto the ship, but it went pretty quickly.

Prior to sailing on the Breeze, Carnival's Miracle was my all time favorite, but I will now say that I think the Breeze has her beat.

Here's my daughter's cabin, 7320, which is a balcony.

1144000796_Cabin7320.jpg.5396c5741795db0d84bb08174d7c19b2.jpg

Karen

We never experienced any crowds on the ship at all. A few times we did have to wait in line to get back onto the ship, but it went pretty quickly.

Prior to sailing on the Breeze, Carnival's Miracle was my all time favorite, but I will now say that I think the Breeze has her beat.

[ATTACH]241102[/ATTACH]

Karen

Your right there is no comparison, its the Breeze buy a mile.

Karen,

Which excursions did you do and please rate. Did you go thru ship or private? We leave in a few months, so will live thru others till then.

Thanks

Linda, I will break down what we did by port.

Marseilles, France: Our Least Favorite port. My husband & I, along with our daughter (28) and son-in-law, took a taxi into the City of Marseilles. I can't remember how many Euro's but with traffic it took us about 25 minutes. We were sorry we didn't take an Excursion to Provence. Passengers we spoke with later on that evening said the excursion "A Day in Provence", $139.99 p/p was wonderful.

Livorno: All 8 of us book the excursion "Florence & Pisa on Your Own" through Carnival. 9 hours at a cost of $109.99 p/p. Well worth it! Our tour guide, Barbara, was pleasant and very informative.

Civitavecchia Day 1: My husband & I, along with his brother & sister-in-law did the excursion "Rome on Your Own by Private Train" through Carnival. 10 hours, $99.99 per person. This tour is only offered on Saturdays. You board a coach bus from the pier for a 10 minute drive to the train station. The train makes NO stops and takes about 40 minutes to get to Rome. We then followed our tour guide Maria for a 10 minute walk into the Vatican Square and then went on our way. We decided to purchase an all day ticket on the Rome sightseeing bus. You hop on and off at your leisure and it cost $24 Euros p/p. After spending the day in Rome, we had to meet back at the train station no later than 4:45.

Our daughter, son-in-law, nephew and his wife, took the regular train into Rome because they had overnight reservations at the Hotel Trevi. Their train made stops along the way and took them about 1 hour 10 minutes to get to Rome. They used the subway as means of transportation, $8 euro p/p for the day.

Civitavecchia Day 2: We took the free shuttle from the pier into the town. Please note that being a Sunday, some stores were closed and others closed at 1 or 2pm for the day. There's a nice little beach not far from where the shuttle drops you off, which I believe is free.

Dubrovnik: Absolutely beautiful! We took the shuttle ($5 or 6 Euros) into the old city of Dubrovnik and explored on our own. We walked the entire length of the top of the wall around the city. I believe the cost was $6 Euros and some of the walking can be a bit rough, but the scenery from above is breath taking. Most stores inside took Euros but a few did not. One little cafe that sold gelato and cold drinks even took my $5 USA!

Venice Day 1: Again, we did not book any excursions through Carnival and decided to see Venice on our own. We took a water bus ($8 euro) from the pier over to St Mark's Square and walked around the small streets of Venice. At about 6:45, we decided to take a Gondola ride, $40 Euros p/p which lasted 45 minutes. At 7pm the prices go up considerably. We then grabbed a bite to eat at Ristorante Terrazza Sommanti. Dinner was very good, but a bit pricey. We then took another water bus back to St Mark's and then hopped on the "People Mover" $1 Euro p/p, which drops you off close to the pier.

Venice Day 2: We took a water bus over to the island of Murano to visit some of the glass factories. One of the public restrooms there charges $1.50 Euro, but it was very clean.

Messina: OUR FAVORITE PORT! All 8 of us had originally wanted to do one of the Mt Etna excursions through Carnival, but waited until the last minute and unfortunately, they were all sold out! My husband & I decided to do "In The Godfather's Footsteps", which we loved. If your a fan of the Godfather movies, I highly recommend it. $89.99 per person, for 4.5 hours. The other 6 in our party booked "Taormina on Your Own" and said it was beautiful. That excursion cost $69.99 and lasted 6.5 hours. Best Cannoli's!

I hope this information helps. If you have any other questions, let me know. I'll do my best to answer.

Karen

Edited by kgm0612

[ATTACH]241102[/ATTACH]

Karen

I LOVE the color scheme!!!! We are booked in a balcony. OMG CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Where is the LIKE button? I can't wait to read some caribbean reviews!!