All things Carnival Breeze!

Topo Gigio

We're almost neighbors. We live in Terrestria, down the road from Villari's. Too bad we're not on the same Breeze cruise. It would have been nice to meet you. You're going a year before us though so please write about it when you get back. Then again, maybe you'll be back on it for our cruise!

Small world...just ate at Villari's on Wednesday night....LOL. We're about 3 miles from you. Will write a review about the Breeze.

We got back from the breeze yesterday, and while we had a fantastic time, there is no doubt the ship is very crowded, especially at the restaurants at certain times, and on the lido deck. We learnt quickly to avoid the lido buffet for breakfast on port days unless u go very early, just go to blush restaurant for a sit down breakfast, far more relaxing! In the evenings if you are on your time dining go before 7.15, by 8pm the lines were long to get a table, go even earlier on elegant nights! And if you want a nice spot on the deck on sea days, you need to be up very early, by 6.30am. Saying that, on this cruise after hundreds of complaints they agreed to introduce a ban on saving sunbeds, originally they refused to get involved stating that "people are here to enjoy their holiday, we are not going to get involved", but the sunbed wars were getting out of control! They started putting stickers on beds with nobody sat on them that had been reserved with a towel, and if they didn't return in 40 mins towels get removed. They need to stick with this as the pools are small for the number of passengers on board. That said, we had a fabulous cruise. The food was excellent and the staff very obliging. Didn't think much of the evening entertainment though....

We were on the same sailing. We had a late seating so we never had trouble in the dining room. We used room service on port days and were down in the Lido at opening on sea days so we never had a problem.

:(The sun beds was a definate problem. On the 2nd sea day, I was up by 6 and all the cushioned beds were claimed and most of the sun loungers were too. Another passenger said they were claimed when he came down at 5:30 so I was wondering if they put out their towels before they went to bed. I observed that the claimed rate was 100% while the occupancy rate was 25-30% so I am sure they got lots of complaints. People got somewhat passionate about it before they started the sticker system; they need to keep that up so that people don't keep trying to save seats.

:)The party for the cruisers of gold level and above was nice although more drinks than food made for an interesting exit.

:DWe loved our spa suite; it was right next to the elevator/stairs up to the spa and the thermal rooms were very relaxing. There was even a waiting area with tea and lemon water.

:eek:Wished more kids stayed in camp carnival or with their parents. Lots of them were roaming around the ship, pushing all the buttons on the elevators and piling up huge trays of food which they didn't eat

:)The staff were friendly, helpful, and kept the place immaculate considering how many people were living there. We had a good time and did what we wanted without feeling like we needed to be very busy all the time.

I am glad I read the thread first before posting my questions, as most of them were answered right here! Awesome.

One remaining question is....What is Chef's Table?

Also, Does anyone know if anytime dining is in both dining rooms or only 1. I really don't like aft dining room because I really feel the engines and the motion,so I would not want to be stuck there.

Thanks again for this great thread. Can't wait to be on the Breeze (12/2/12)

PhoneJoan! :D

Chef's Table is a special dinner, at an extra cost, where the chef prepares a special dinner & comes out to explain each course. Also a sommelier that pairs & explains wine for each course. We've done Chef's Table once. It was quite the dining experience! Lasted about 3 hours.

We're almost neighbors. We live in Terrestria, down the road from Villari's. Too bad we're not on the same Breeze cruise. It would have been nice to meet you. You're going a year before us though so please write about it when you get back. Then again, maybe you'll be back on it for our cruise!

Small world...just ate at Villari's on Wednesday night....LOL. We're about 3 miles from you. Will write a review about the Breeze.

hey new jersey people! anyone want to go meet up at the tiki bar at villari's? LOL i live 5 minutes away in erial (right by lilley school) :D

:(The sun beds was a definate problem. People got somewhat passionate about it before they started the sticker system; they need to keep that up so that people don't keep trying to save seats.

:)The party for the cruisers of gold level and above was nice although more drinks than food made for an interesting exit.

Once they started the sticker system, was it also on the hammocks in the Serenity area? Also, could you please go into more details about the new Gold + party. Thanks.

We will be on the Breeze Oct. 1 and I am wondering if any free fun classes are offered. Last year on a Princess ship, many zumba and dance classes were available on sea days. Has anyone information on this? I can't find it on Carnival's site. Thanks!

does anyone know how many balcony divider's they will open? We were just on the spirit and had 3 open to make 1 large balcony and hoping to do the same next year.

Also anyone have any advice on cabins, curently looking at lido forward.

Thanks in advance !

hey new jersey people! anyone want to go meet up at the tiki bar at villari's? LOL i live 5 minutes away in erial (right by lilley school) :D

T-storms tonight and more predicted for tomorrow!

Frank and I would like to meet you both but, with this crazy weather, I don't think I want to go to the tiki bar. Inside sounds much better to me. It's either that or wait until after hurricane season -LOL.

SNJ, I just read your signature and saw that you've been cruising since 1986 or maybe earlier. We kept busy with timeshares around that time and added cruises starting in 1993.

Edited by Vettebuf

We are on the first cruise(s) out of Miami and I'm am planning on doing a very in-depth review once we get back.

Well.... I'm at least going prepared to create a review with lots of photos/video. DW & I bought a better camera so I'm learning how to use it now. Plus will have my Kodak HD video camera.

I have my iPad loaded up with a note taking app so I can do a better job of documenting what we do each day. :D

I sure have enjoyed some of the better reviews on CC and hope I can make a better go of it than my previous review attempts.

I'll be looking for your review in a few short months. I may want to contact you in person as well about your experience on the Breeze as I'm sailing December 8th. If you're interested that is. I work in Rittman and live between Wooster and Creston.

Soooo excited for Breeze in March! Would love to hear more about the dining options! We have your time dining booked!

Depending upon whether the ship is at sea or in port does effect the choices that you have for dining. The least amount of choices are at breakfast and at dinner. For breakfast, there is either room service, or the Lido buffet, or sit down in the main dining room, which is open seating. On sea days, the other dining room will also have the Punchliners Comedy Brunch, which has it's own specific menu, here's the link.

http://www.carnival.com/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/PunchlinerBrunchMenupdf.ashx

Choices include a filet mignon covered with 2 fried eggs, bernaise sauce, grilled tomatoes and home fries or how about funny french toast, which is french toast encrusted with fruit loops or frosted flakes. These are two of the unique dishes available.

At dinner, your choices are either the Lido buffet, the main dining room, the 35.00 surcharge steakhouse or the 12.00 surcharge cucina del capitano.

Lunch is where the most choices are...they include the cucina del capitano, which has a pasta bar for free, or you have Guy's Burgers, Mongolian Wok, Pizza, Deli, Jimmy's C-side BBQ (sea days only) Gourmet Hot Dogs (forgot the name, will start once ship gets to Miami), the Blue Iguana Cantina, the MDR and the Lido buffet.

There is also the Bonzai Sushi, the Taste Bar, which has appetizers for free with a reduced price drink that goes with it and finally there are pay for appetizers at the Red Frog Pub. I'm sure I missed some options, but this is all I can think of off the top of my head at 1230 in the morning, LOL.

does anyone know how many balcony divider's they will open? We were just on the spirit and had 3 open to make 1 large balcony and hoping to do the same next year.

Also anyone have any advice on cabins, curently looking at lido forward.

Thanks in advance !

We had our 3 cabin balcony dividers open, no problem.

I apologize if this has been asked already...but are there refrigerators in the standard rooms? We have 2 balcony rroms on the verandah deck.

Also, are there any microwaves on the ship available for our use? Thanks!

Yes, all the cabins have fridges - we cleared all the mini-bar stuff out and put it on the shelf above the tv. Plenty of room for keeping our water and fruit cold.

No, there are no microwaves for guests to use.

Have a great cruise - we just got off the Breeze last week and loved it!:)

T-storms tonight and more predicted for tomorrow!

Frank and I would like to meet you both but, with this crazy weather, I don't think I want to go to the tiki bar. Inside sounds much better to me. It's either that or wait until after hurricane season -LOL.

SNJ, I just read your signature and saw that you've been cruising since 1986 or maybe earlier. We kept busy with timeshares around that time and added cruises starting in 1993.

Hi, Elaine! Long time no see! I see you've booked the Breeze also. I'll be on next November. Too bad we didn't book the same date, it would have been great to see you and Frank again. Take care!

Yael

Does anyone know if they had escargot on the Breeze? I read some time ago that Carnival wasn't serving them due to a shortage and was hoping someone could confirm whether or not that is still the case. I'm hoping they are back, or will be back by December.

Does anyone know if they had escargot on the Breeze? I read some time ago that Carnival wasn't serving them due to a shortage and was hoping someone could confirm whether or not that is still the case. I'm hoping they are back, or will be back by December.

We just came off the Breeze last week and they did have escargot....think it was just one night out of the 12 night cruise. Am sure someone will confirm this.

Hi, Elaine! Long time no see! I see you've booked the Breeze also. I'll be on next November. Too bad we didn't book the same date, it would have been great to see you and Frank again. Take care!

Yael

Well, hello!

Yes, it would have been nice to be on the same Breeze cruise. Hopefully we'll meet up on another cruise.

We usually do two a year and two land vacations plus many visits to Rhode Island to see my Mom. Our son, Jon, was in college when you and I were on the Voyager in 2004. He lives pretty close to you now. He's in Fords (Woodbridge).

We just came off the Breeze last week and they did have escargot....think it was just one night out of the 12 night cruise. Am sure someone will confirm this.

Correct. Just one night (we were on the 6/15-27 sailing).

Correct. Just one night (we were on the 6/15-27 sailing).

Thank you both for that info. Looking forward to December and escargot. Mmmmm mmmmm.

Hi Jules:) We can confirm they had escargot

So the "bloggers cruise" is January 19th?

What exactly does the bloggers cruise entail?

Everybody dresses like JH and they all drink his Kool aid at the same time everyday. They try talking and walking like him. Several times there are offerings made to hin and incense burning. On formal night JH will wear the underwear he always wears while blogging.

LOL, I have no idea and don't need to know.

We were on the Bloggers Cruise 5 back in March. Basically, unless you follow John Heald's blog or his FB page, the bloggers cruise won't really be of any interest to you. If you do follow his blog and FB, the Bloggers cruises are pretty fun.

There are quite a few activities to attend, from a private welcome aboard party, to Liar's club show to Scavenger Hunt (our team won) to a midnight roast to afternoon tea etc. These are all private functions and you need to wear your ID tag you are given in order to gain access.

You also will receive several souvenir gifts from John Heald & Carnival, delivered to your stateroom. IN addition to the lanyard which carried our ID, we received a nice aluminum water bottle, a picture from Radu, a blogger's shirt. I thought there was something else but i can't remember now.

It was neat to walk around the ship and see others with the Blogger's ID. We made many friends on this sailing. Hope this info helps.