First time on RCL-Carnival convert!

I am sailing on the Serenade of the Seas/Mediterranean/Greek Isle cruise in June 2013. I have only cruised on Carnival and am really looking forward to trying RCL.

I would love to hear anything about how to maximize the RCL experience in the Mediterranean and the ports and activities on the ship.

Is there anything on the ship that is a must??? Going will be myself (51) DH (52) and our best friends. No kids this time. We booked #9567 (inside cabin on 9th deck). Good choice?

Thanks for any information you can give me!!! So excited but have to only wait 365 days!

Kellie

The Serenade is undergoing a major refit early next year. Look at the Radiance to see what it will look like.

The outdoor seating in the Windjammer is excellent. Go all the way to the back. Great views of the wake.

I can give any tips on the Med. cruise itself, but I can say that after sailing on our 1st RCCL cruise last year, Oasis, after only being on Carnival, we agreed that we would not go back to Carnival. We loved RCCL!! The ship, the entertainment, the activities on-board, the cabin, the bathroom! No pink bathroom on Oasis!:D Carnival needs to do some serious updating to their older ships. The pink bathroom on Destiny was horrific! (It may have been redone by now--we were on Destiny a few years ago).

We love the Royal Promenade and the decor of the ship. We have 2 more RCCL cruises booked and we can't wait!

Have a wonderful time on your cruise!!:)

Thanks for the feedback. I have another question. On Carnival when you book Early Saver and the price drops you can get the difference back in either OBC or lower fare. Does RCI have that and how do you do it?

Thanks for the help...

Thanks for the feedback. I have another question. On Carnival when you book Early Saver and the price drops you can get the difference back in either OBC or lower fare. Does RCI have that and how do you do it?

Thanks for the help...

I always booked early saver on Carnival and got price drops 2 times. Since I was before final payment, it lowered my final price.

Royal will honor price drops prior to final payment. If after final payment, you might be able to upgrade to a higher category. You have to watch the prices on their site and call them if you see a price drop for your same category cabin. They do not do this automatically.

Don't miss the self-leveling pool tables on Serenade. They are in an area just past the Schooner Bar. You will find the Champagne bar a great place for "happy hour" drinks if Serenade continues to offer specials and hot and cold appetzers there as it does on Caribbean cruises.

Archived