Martini Tastings

Hi. My husband and I went to all 3 of the martini tasting on the Jewel in April.They were very enjoyable. We were trying to remember all the names of the different martinis that were made. I know their was the dirty martini and the appletini, but that is all I can recall. Anyone know any of the other 10 martinis that are made???:rolleyes:

Hi. My husband and I went to all 3 of the martini tasting on the Jewel in April.They were very enjoyable. We were trying to remember all the names of the different martinis that were made. I know their was the dirty martini and the appletini, but that is all I can recall. Anyone know any of the other 10 martinis that are made???:rolleyes:

I remember the pear martini and there was one that tasted like coffee and had a coffee bean in it. YUM YUM!!

Hi all!

There was a chocolate love one for sure, my personal fav. What I really liked about the NCL experience is munchies were supplied along with the drinks.:D

Looking to doing another tasting on the Dawn in September!

~ Jo ~ :)

I don't know if they made it for your tasting/s but we also got one called an "Atlantique" which I love and still make for myself at home. It is Chambord. peach schnaps, vodka and a splash of lemon.

I loved the coffee flavored one too.

Thank you for this post!

I am debating whether or not to do the martini tasting. I do not like regular dry martinis, but prefer fruity/sweet ones(can even do chocolate).

Would I get my money's worth?

What is the difference between the different martini tastings? You said there were 3, right?

Thanks!

Thank you for this post!

I am debating whether or not to do the martini tasting. I do not like regular dry martinis, but prefer fruity/sweet ones(can even do chocolate).

Would I get my money's worth?

What is the difference between the different martini tastings? You said there were 3, right?

Thanks!

I think they are worth it! The show itself is very good. The first martini made sometimes is the old fashioned martini with either Jin or vodka. The next four (5 altogether) are what are called designer martinis. Lemon droptinis, cosmos, chocotinis, appletinis, french kiss martini, chocolate godiva martinis and there is my favorite Espresso Martini YUM!! They differ from ship to ship, and you need to eat before and after! They are held around 4 on all the ships I have been on.

I do have some recipes if anyone is looking!:D

Cherie

:D

I pinched a Martini menu (:o) ....

The martini clinics were great fun on EPIC TA last Oct. Armado the bartender already put out groups of different bottles on the bar .... we had fun going thru the Martini menu deciding which martinis we were going to have!!

On the Epic TA there was a total of NO LESS than SIX (6) tastings :eek::D and they were damn worth the money as we met lovely fun people and had great fun.

bear in mind, each tasting had different martinis and each tasting is different :eek::D

We went thru the list.

One martini tasting they made and served the martinis that are served in the Svendka Ice Bar - not on the Martini menu.

That is what we loved about each tasting was the variety. At each tasting the bartenders would explain each martini- the history behind it, how to make it and serve. The 4 different martinis were about 3/4's full each, and THEN if you volunteer to participate in a game, you can get an additional one! We felt we definitely had gotten our money's worth. They also had the snack mix, which assisted in the deliciousness of the event! We hope there will be martini tastings on our next cruise.;):p:D

Dangnabbit! :(

Not what I wanted to hear, but thank you anyway.

I've never been on any NCL ship that didn't have at least one martini tasting, more often than not they have 2 scheduled. I've had margarita, beer tastings cancelled because of lack of interest:(, but never the martini tastings.

On the Epic TA there was a total of NO LESS than SIX (6) tastings :eek::D ...

I think I just found my reason to book a TA someday! :D

[Warning: the term "martini tasting" should be classified as false advertising.

They are definitely "Martini Drinkings"]

I think I just found my reason to book a TA someday! :D

[Warning: the term "martini tasting" should be classified as false advertising.

They are definitely "Martini Drinkings"]

OMG, I will second that statement .... yikes, it was a fun afternoon;)

Last fall on the Jewel they gave a gift to everyone who attended all of the martini tastings. I forgot what it was. I didn't make it to one of them. I'm hoping to attend them all on the Star next week. They are a lot of fun. The ones held when it's not pool weather are attended better.

All of the 3 tastings we attended had quite a few people. They were at 4pm, and you just show up and register. They put a colored sticker on your shirt. Because they prepare each of the martinis in a long line on the bartop, some of the people walking by thought they were FREE! The servers had to keep telling people this was a paid event. Some people ended up joining, others walked away a little embarrassed. The 2 servers we had, Arturo and Rakleesh were constantly counting the number of people in the lounge to make sure there were no "tasting crashers"!:o

All of the 3 tastings we attended had quite a few people. They were at 4pm, and you just show up and register. They put a colored sticker on your shirt. Because they prepare each of the martinis in a long line on the bartop, some of the people walking by thought they were FREE! The servers had to keep telling people this was a paid event. Some people ended up joining, others walked away a little embarrassed. The 2 servers we had, Arturo and Rakleesh were constantly counting the number of people in the lounge to make sure there were no "tasting crashers"!:o

That is tacky! Helping themselves without asking first?

Definitely worth the money. $15 for 5 martinis is a bargain! We do 1 tasting per 2 people though so we share them & don't die. :p

I think the perfect attendance award varies from bartender to ship to bartender. I've had one where at one session we infused our own vodkas in little shakers & then came back the next day to pick it up for drinking. Another time they gave us a free martini for attending all sessions.

Six tastings on the Epic?! Think I have to look into a trip...

I had to laugh at this because two weeks ago on a Holland America sailing, we attended a martini tasting. It was so crowded, people couldn't see or hear. It was drudgery - nothing like an NCL tasting, which is just FUN!

The bartenders didn't explain much of anything, pulled people out of the crowd to come "shake" but first we had to listen to how to wash our hands before making a drink and watch said participant wash his/her hands. They kept running out of the martini and had to go make more - this happened every time. My husband and I were always the last to be served. It was just a jumbled mess.

More and more of the attendees crowded around the bar when here comes and mom and her daughter (attractive I might add) who were walking by and decided to see what was going on. They helped themselves to someone's snacks and recipe cards and then moved closer to the bar. The daughter was brought behind the bar to "shake." It was funny because she wasn't made to wash her hands. Guess who got a free martini?

Sorry I digress - NCL's martini tastings as well as the others are very organized. No free loaders. Everything moves at a good pace.

We have tried on two different occasions to go to a margarita tasting on two NCL ships and both have been canceled because of a lack of participants. We were told they have to have at least six people in order to do one. I was quite surprised by this. Each time, the bartender apologized and provided us with a margarita on the house to show a representation of what they would have done during the tasting. Nice touch!

Archived