How to book Private Tours in Nagasaki?

CBLJ

Has anyone booked private tours in Nagasaki? Seems like this website offers service but has anyone used it before?

http://www.charterbus-limousine.com/tour/nagasaki/index.html

Thanks!!

Depends if you want to go further afield, but Nagasaki is actually very 'doable' on your own; the ship docks in the heart of the city and you can either walk or take a tram (very cheap) to most of the major sites.

Nagasaki is very do-able on your own. I would not book a tour.

We took the tram to get to the sights we wanted to see (tickets were available for purchase at the cruise ship terminal).

We went to the Peace Park, Atomic Bomb Museum, Spectacles Bridge and Mt. Insa during our short time in Nagasaki.

We arrived at the Peace Park and Atomic Bomb Museum before all of the cruise ship excursion people and had a great time having the place to ourselves. It was nice to get photos without everyone else in the way!

When you go into the cruise terminal in Nagasaki you can buy an all day pass for the trams and you will be given a map.

We had a great day, seeing more than what I thought we could, including going up the cable car across the harbour from the ship, and up the hill to the Glover Gardens which were above our ship. The Peace Park and the museum are impressive. We also had time to do some shopping and eat lunch in a place with local people.

If you are interested in the history of Japan, visit Dejima just a stop or two on the tram from the cruise dock. This is where the Western (mostly Dutch) traders were restricted during Japan's 200 years of self-imposed isolation. It is very well-preserved. The houses in Glover park (opposite the cruise dock) are from a slightly later period. The Oura church (oldest in Japan) is also there.http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2162.html

You may be able to spot Gunkanjima on the approach or sailaway (an island used as a coal mine and once the most densely populated spot on earth).

Our group would like to go to Shimabara castle with a private tour, we only have 6 hrs to do it, any suggestions??

One group were going to do it, with the limo charter people in the ops post, but then they decided not to go the castle because is an hr and a haf drive...we would like to do the drive, and leave off all of the war memorial stuff.

Just hard finding someone who goes there.....

All Waiting for the ship tours to show but they seem to be taking forever to post them...

Edited by jannandjohn

• 1 year later...

That's for that info., I as well do ONLY excursions independently or with small groups!

This is one iternary I wanted to do, but if it's faster and easier by yourself, definitely!

What's the distance from the ship to these sites, and can you recommend any other self tour in the other ports? I've already been to Hong Kong and Tokyo so I know my way around those areas very well!

Our group would like to go to Shimabara castle with a private tour, we only have 6 hrs to do it, any suggestions??

One group were going to do it, with the limo charter people in the ops post, but then they decided not to go the castle because is an hr and a haf drive...we would like to do the drive, and leave off all of the war memorial stuff.

Just hard finding someone who goes there.....

All Waiting for the ship tours to show but they seem to be taking forever to post them...

We are planning to cruise on Millennium in Asia next 4/14 similar to the one you took this year. Do you have problem getting off the ship on schedule due to immigration (in Nagasaki, Busan & Jeju)?

Bob

Last month we used the local tram to get around to the Peace Park and Atomic Bomb Museum and walked the short distance from dock to Glover Gardens area. Tram stop is right beside the port. They give you maps and anyone you ask on the street is very helpful to point the way. Any time we asked locals in Japan (Fukuoka, Nagasaki and Okinawa) for directions, they went out of their way to walk us to the destination rather than just pointing the way. The children are also a delight as they all like to say hello and try their English out.

• 1 month later...

How did you get from Glover Gardens to the Peace Park? Did you consider Dejima? Any chance we could do all three. We are on the Oceania Nautica, arriving at 8 AM and leaving at 6 PM. Thanks for the information, you post dovetailed with what I was reading about.

Many thanks, engberg1460

How did you get from Glover Gardens to the Peace Park? Did you consider Dejima? Any chance we could do all three. We are on the Oceania Nautica, arriving at 8 AM and leaving at 6 PM. Thanks for the information, you post dovetailed with what I was reading about.

Many thanks, engberg1460

Tram goes between Glover Gardens area and Peace Park. Not sure about Dejima as we did not look into that. We were in Nagasaki 1200-2000 and managed to fit in the Peace Park, Atomic Bomb Museum and went up to Glover Gardens area but it was closing at 6 so we weren't able to enter so just made our way back to the ship. The people in Nagasaki are very friendly and will make sure you get on the right tram and off at the right stops. This link might be helpful http://www.at-nagasaki.jp/foreign/english/pamph/pdf/welcome_nagasaki_English_front.pdf or http://www.at-nagasaki.jp/foreign/english/pamph/