Shuttle to Dolphin Mall

sunscreen

We will be staying at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon in Dec and would like to visit the Dolphin Mall. Not renting a car on our precruise stay this time and notice that there is a Dolphin Mall shuttle that visits various hotels, that being the Hyatt on Blue Lagoon Drive for $10 per person return, cheaper than a cab. We were planning on walking there as mapping states its only an 8 min walk from our hotel. Was checking out Google street view and cant see any pedestrian crosswalks, just the traffic lights at Blue Lagoon Dr and 7th. Anyone ever done this or used this shuttle service? Any input appreciated.:)

You are going to walk from the Hampton Inn to the Hyatt in order to catch a $10 per person shuttle to the mall? :confused: I'd check with your hotel - I bet you can cab to the mall for less than that. Downtown and Bayside Market are only about a $25 cab ride from your hotel.

Not sure what you are shopping for - there is a local strip mall across the street from the Hampton Inn with grocery, drug and liquor stores :D, plus Starbucks and the normal service stuff (cleaners, etc.) as well as several dining options (Italian, Chinese, Cuban -- Miami Yogi has reported some "health inspection issues on Casa Juan several months ago :eek:).

Good luck! :)

You are going to walk from the Hampton Inn to the Hyatt in order to catch a $10 per person shuttle to the mall? :confused: I'd check with your hotel - I bet you can cab to the mall for less than that. Downtown and Bayside Market are only about a $25 cab ride from your hotel.

Not sure what you are shopping for - there is a local strip mall across the street from the Hampton Inn with grocery, drug and liquor stores :D, plus Starbucks and the normal service stuff (cleaners, etc.) as well as several dining options (Italian, Chinese, Cuban -- Miami Yogi has reported some "health inspection issues on Casa Juan several months ago :eek:).

Good luck! :)

I just ate dinner at Casa Juan tonight. Do not go! The place is dirty. I'm sitting here in my hotel room and my stomach is bothering me. The food was not fresh, it was obviously made and reheated. So not worth the money we spent.

What street view are you using? Is this the same Hampton Inn that is 777 Red Road?

You can walk to the Hyatt Blue, Red Road is a pretty busy street, but it does have sidewalks on both sides of the street.

Just walk north on Red Road and hang a left on Blue Lagoon Drive. You could easily walk it in under 10 minutes.

Thank you Miamiyogi. Thats exactly what I was thinking. The reason I wanted to take the shuttle is I figured $40 for transportation to the mall and back for all four of us to shop for the entire day as opposed to paying two cab rides which I believe could run us $50 for both ways plus tip.

Hey Sunscreen, if you don't mind the shuttle schedule then I don't see why your plan wouldn't work. The area your hotel is in is generally pretty safe.

I would not be comfortable though walking through there with a bunch of shopping bags after dark.

The taxi would easily exceed $50.00 round trip.

Archived