Freedom or Serenade

freedom, 7 days to East caribbean; serenade, 7 days to Bahamas.

Please tell me your idea.

we once sailed with Indy, and love that size which is same to Freedom; and we also heard so many positive opinions to Serenade which attracted us and would like to give a try.

we have never been to either of these two itineraries, no idea which is better than the other at Xmas time.

I'm wondering why Freedom keeps reducing the price all the time but Serenade not. And to the same size ships, why Freedom is much cheaper than Indy and Liberty.

please help! thanks

Hi

As its a holiday/christmas cruise I would choose Freedom as the ships are bound to be fuller and you might have more opportunity to find some space, Eastern route is nice, st maarten and St thomas as well as Nassau, I think there are 3 sea days, only ever sailed to bahamas on 4 nighters, I suppose it ultimately comes down to how active you wish to be, Freedom has a bigger gym, flowrider, ice shows and the adults only solarium (if you don't have children you might prefer this as there will probably be quite a few onboard) but if you like finding a sunbed with a good book during the day then you could find this on either. Whichever you pick I'm sure will be fabulous. Happy Cruising.

Hi

As its a holiday/christmas cruise I would choose Freedom as the ships are bound to be fuller and you might have more opportunity to find some space, Eastern route is nice, st maarten and St thomas as well as Nassau, I think there are 3 sea days, only ever sailed to bahamas on 4 nighters, I suppose it ultimately comes down to how active you wish to be, Freedom has a bigger gym, flowrider, ice shows and the adults only solarium (if you don't have children you might prefer this as there will probably be quite a few onboard) but if you like finding a sunbed with a good book during the day then you could find this on either. Whichever you pick I'm sure will be fabulous. Happy Cruising.

Thank you, Welschrich, for sharing your opinions. Do you notice the price of Freedom? I mean it's much lower than her sisters during the same time and even cheaper than Serenade. Do you hear any problems it has recently or is it kinda old?

Thank you, Welschrich, for sharing your opinions. Do you notice the price of Freedom? I mean it's much lower than her sisters during the same time and even cheaper than Serenade. Do you hear any problems it has recently or is it kinda old?

Kinda old?? hahaha you must be joking. built in 2006 and got enhanced last year!

We were on Freedom for the third time last month and she literally still feels like a brand new ship.

I would pick Freedom hands down over the Serenade. Its a better ship and itinerary IMO. You have a better shot at warm weather going Eastern Caribbean than the Bahamas.

I agree with the others, I would pick Freedom. I love Serenade, but for the holidays and the itin, I would pick Freedom. We have been on both and love them both. But with children, for sure more for them to do on Freedom, especially with the kids clubs and the H2O Zone.

Archived