Food trays..now I know why

Max and Ruby

Yup, Splendor has them again. I think they are coming back, which I like because I can carry my drink, food and utensils all in the same trip if I have a tray.

Maybe it was a trial when I was on.. I know I sailed the Splendor and Valor the same year and I dont remember trays on either ship:p

Splendor had trays when I was on her in 2009 and again this past Dec. But, there were a couple of times when they ran out of trays at the buffet.

QUOTE=CanWeGoYet?;34171813]Just save the tray from a room service order. They have the nice big trays. No need to buy one and pack it.

That is exactly what I am going to do as I will be ordering Room Service every morning. Need that coffee :):p.

Holland America did away with trays years ago. The reason stated is food waste and the large amount of labor and water to wash the trays.

There are people that bring their own.

We carried a bag to breakfast so we didn't have to keep running back the the table. We used the bag to carry cereal boxes, bowls, cartons of milk -- it freed up our hands to carry other stuff.

We're not fans of no trays :mad:

We alwys use trays in the room. I put one under our toiletrys, one under cold drinks so the don't sweat all over, and one on the bed to keep the remote and the dailys all together. We also will go to the buffett and bring the food back to the room so we can eat on the balcony. Are they still on the conquest?

I completely understand a Mom wanting to use a tray when SHE has to get the food, AND has the TWO kids with her, and no where in the orginal post did we see the word DH. :o Getting one big plate, and three drinks and two smaller plates for the kids is still more than one person should have to handle. No tray? I would have no problem asking for staff assistance getting the stuff to the table. Or bring your own tray. And of course the worst time that this would happen is when you board and lunch is on the lido, and the place is packed, and the kids are hungry, and :eek:, -honey either bring your own tray or get someone to help you.

Thank you or saying exactly what I was thinking!

Splendor and Valor did not have them either.. but the plates that they offer now can be used as a tray.. its a buffet if you need more go get some.. but there is more than enough room to put a drink and your food for the 1st round;)

At spring break we were on the Splendor and they had trays in the buffet and out on the Lido deck. Maybe you cruised after we did and they've changed things, but at spring break they had them on the Splendor.

I actually like the larger plates instead of small plates with trays. With the larger plates, I have enough room to put my drink on the plate along with my food.

For children, take two pates, stacked and fill up the top plate with enough food for both, then go to the table and you can split the food there.

I understand why they would do away with tray from an operations perspective. Lots of extra room to store them, sanitize them, staff to do this, etc. I wouldn't panic about the lose of trays until you try the new larger plates. I saw several people managing them for children and doing fine.

Anyone have any photos of the new larger plates?

Archived