Eurodam SC vs SB

winste

Hello

We are looking at either an SC on deck 4 or 5 or an SB on deck 7 or 8.

I know this is a pretty specific question.

My concern about being on the lower decks is not having a nicer view of the higher decks. But the SB is $400 more.

We are not concerned about being so far from the Neptune.

We will be sailing in December so the seas may be a little rough. How much more noticeable will be the roll on the upper decks?

Anybody have any opinions?

Thank you. This will be our first cruise in ten years and I am really looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My concern about being on the lower decks is not having a nicer view of the higher decks. But the SB is $400 more.

We are not concerned about being so far from the Neptune.

We will be sailing in December so the seas may be a little rough. How much more noticeable will be the roll on the upper decks?

Anybody have any opinions?

Thank you. This will be our first cruise in ten years and I am really looking forward to it.

We love the aft-wraps!:D I'm sure you will too.

While the sway of the ship is less noticeable the lower you are, if it's really rocking, it won't matter.

You may want to call HAL reservations to find the exact sizes of the cabins you are considering. I would not consider deck 8 as it is right below the aft pool which can mean the noise of deck chairs being slid around at 5am as the crew cleans that area, (It can also mean water falling down on your deck.) The difference in the view from deck 4, 5 and 7 will not be that much (IMHO) and I would save the money for other things. The one upside is deck 7 is where the Neptune Lounge is. Other than that look for the largest cabin as all the Deluxe Suite amenities are in play either way.

Please come back and tell us what you decided.

Hello

/QUOTE]

What week are you sailing in Dec? - I just selected a deck 4 SC for Dec 1. I felt that the difference in fare was not worth it, as anyway you go you still are a distance from the Neptune. Also, I understand that deck 5 SC wraps are smaller than those on deck 4.

One more thing - since there are only 4 SC cabins and folks like to book this category due to the lower cost, we have the chance of getting a free upgrade to an SB or SA anyway (if we want it).

Our preference is for Deck 6 aft wrap around SC's on the Signature Class ships, Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam and Vista Class ship Noordam. On the other Vista Class ships, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam we prefer Deck 5 aft wrap staterooms.

Our reasoning is that these generally have more coverage on the aft verandah, side verandahs are all totally covered.

Hope this helps.

Joanie

Thank you all.

We currently have a deposit on 5187 for dec 1 but need to change the date to Dec 8. I have a hold on 4181 for that date.

The SC's on deck 6 are not available.

I think I will stick with 4181 to get the largest balcony and cabin I can. That money saved will pay for a few adult beverages on board.

Thank you all.

We currently have a deposit on 5187 for dec 1 but need to change the date to Dec 8. I have a hold on 4181 for that date.

The SC's on deck 6 are not available.

I think I will stick with 4181 to get the largest balcony and cabin I can. That money saved will pay for a few adult beverages on board.

Too bad you won't be on the Dec 1 sailing! Was the cost the same for both sailings in an SC? I saw one quote where it was higher on the Dec by $100 pp and then I got a private sale deal where it was the same price, so I went with the Dec 1 sailing.

DaveOKC

Too bad you won't be on the Dec 1 sailing! Was the cost the same for both sailings in an SC? I saw one quote where it was higher on the Dec by $100 pp and then I got a private sale deal where it was the same price, so I went with the Dec 1 sailing.

DaveOKC

Hi Dave

It was the same price even after the "sale" ended earlier this week.

I have sailed HAL three times. Last time was in 2002 and the industry was still hurting from 9/11. I got an SA for for around $1100 a person. That was bad. Now I need the extra room.

Had a November cruise booked on NCL in one of their Penthouse Suites for cheaper than this one. But decided to stick with a tried and true friend. NCL has some nice Suite Perks. I would love to have early embarkation but I would imagine we will still get on early.

PS. I think I'm in your cabin hours after you leave so leave it nice! :)

Hi Dave

It was the same price even after the "sale" ended earlier this week.

I have sailed HAL three times. Last time was in 2002 and the industry was still hurting from 9/11. I got an SA for for around $1100 a person. That was bad. Now I need the extra room.

Had a November cruise booked on NCL in one of their Penthouse Suites for cheaper than this one. But decided to stick with a tried and true friend. NCL has some nice Suite Perks. I would love to have early embarkation but I would imagine we will still get on early.

PS. I think I'm in your cabin hours after you leave so leave it nice! :)

You will get early embarkation. Be sure you get in the correct area (deluxe suite) while waiting. Also, they have separate checkin desks for deluxe suites - use them.

We are in the port side aft. Too bad you could not stay on our cruise! We got a good deal on the "private sale" that ends today, so we went ahead and booked last Monday. Was thinking of the Westerdam instead, but this sailing works out better for us, is a newer ship (we have not been on this class yet), and the prices were all the same.

By the way, I was looking at booking an SY guarantee on this ship (we did this on the Zuiderdam and Oosterdam recently) as it has worked out great in the past (upgraded to an SA for a small charge). But on Eurodam they have a couple of SU cabins that we could have gotten and we really did not want them (below the Crows Nest and right at the bow of the ship).

DaveOKC

We just took advantage of a price drop on out SC cabin today - saved $600 for the two of us - the SC was now only a little more money than the superior suites. I would love an SB and gladly give up the corner aft, but it is $800 more for the cabin. Although, I like aft cabins, I like the size of the centrally located SA and SB more. The SA, SB, and SC are all similar in square footage if you include the balcony. However, the aft cabin balconies are HUGE, so the square footage comes out of the cabin itself. The SA and SB that are not aft are much larger than the aft SC and SB, but the balconies are much smaller. Just depends on your preference, but I would not pay $800 dollars more for the SB or SA.

Archived