Father's Day Sale Questions

lv2cruiseanywhere

WOW! :eek: Thanks for that info & that makes it highly unlikely that I'll be cancelling & rebooking any time in the future because the 'sale' savings may not be close to a lost full deposit. :eek:

Exactly! They are only for the positive. We struck gold as the sale was a week before final payment anyway, but not sure I'd commit too far in advance.

Thanks for the info from the Princess agent & wonder if what they told you is 100% accurate? :confused:

For point #3, that would be terrible & I don't understand how we can use a $100 FCC deposit & if cancelling they would penalize us with a full deposit amount. I don't understand how they would do this since they would only have the $100 FCC.

I'm certainly not doubting what the Princess agent told you but I'd follow up with a TA or another Princess agent if booking directly to confirm that the info was completely accurate...or not. :confused:

That would make a big difference in the deposit if I were to only lose a FCC compared with the total deposit (when not using a FCC). I would be very reluctant to book under those circumstances.

Thanks for the info.

The terms of the sale do say that you'd be responsible for the Brochure Deposit amount so it does make total sense that it would be more than just the FCC. Whether they actually enforce that, I have no idea.

That would make a big difference in the deposit if I were to only lose a FCC compared with the total deposit (when not using a FCC). I would be very reluctant to book under those circumstances.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks to 'Cruise Junky' for posting that the 'terms of sale' says we'd loose the brochure deposit amount & not just the $100 FCC deposit.

I finally broke down and called Princess for complete clarification of the rules. I got a great agent who did a great deal of checking and this is what I learned:

1. All OBCs will apply (military, shareholders, etc.) except those offered by travel agents for group cruises or their special promotions.

2. You can take advantage of price reductions up until final payment.

3. Even if you book with a $100 FCC, if you cancel you will be responsible for whatever the full deposit would have been if you had not used the FCC. So that could be up to $600 pp. YIKES!

So I guess that if you are 100% sure that you want to take a cruise, and don't have to cancel, the sales might be a good thing.

Based on personal experience, I believe that the agent is wrong. I have cancelled a non-refundable, non- transferable, non-everything, cruise and the only loss was the FCC.

Keep in mind, when you book with an FCC, the FCC is the only required deposit, so that is the deposit that you lose. Also remember you don’t provide a credit card, so there is no way to collect additional funds

Based on personal experience, I believe that the agent is wrong. I have cancelled a non-refundable, non- transferable, non-everything, cruise and the only loss was the FCC.

Keep in mind, when you book with an FCC, the FCC is the only required deposit, so that is the deposit that you lose. Also remember you don’t provide a credit card, so there is no way to collect additional funds

I think I posted on one of the sale threads yesterday, those are the terms, but doubt if they are followed with an FCC.

Fathers Day Sale was only on August to December sailings so a lot were close to final payment anyway.

i book direct, then transfer to an agent. i was told by the princess rep for the fathers day sale that i couldn't use an fcc as a deposit...i'm fairly sure that's wrong. so after i clear with work that i can take the time off, i will get my ta to fight princess tomorrow. why buy an fcc if i can't use it to get the obc?

i book direct, then transfer to an agent. i was told by the princess rep for the fathers day sale that i couldn't use an fcc as a deposit...i'm fairly sure that's wrong. so after i clear with work that i can take the time off, i will get my ta to fight princess tomorrow. why buy an fcc if i can't use it to get the obc?

We both used a FCC and I can see on my personalizer it's applied and the credit.

We just canceled and re-booked our September Mediterranean junket yesterday. We had the option of saving several hundred dollars on our h/c OV or upgrading to a h/c balcony for about $400 pp which is what we did. We were a bit surprised that we could still get an h/c balcony so late so late in the program but with final being 6/21 obviously the "holds" were being released and when I checked on Friday night there were actually several available. What was also surprising was that early TD was still available. The downside is our FCC deposit is non refundable and we have to go thru completing the completion of the Personlizer again. Oh, I almost forgot, we also picked up an extra $100 OBC with this promotion....ya got to love it!

There appear to be some 2013 cruises that are getting the lower pricing and extra OBC without the restrictions. I check the Princess website daily to look for reductions for our booked cruises. Yesterday I noticed that the fare for our 1/25/13 New Zealand cruise went down $300 per person and there was $50 OBC offered as well. This did not appear on Friday night when the sale was already in effect. When I changed the date for this itinerary to 12/28/12, the same fare and OBC is shown but the fine print about the Father's Day restrictions appears. Our TA refared us yesterday, but just thought I'd share that Princess does seem to be silently lowering some fares and offering OBC similar to what they are advertising for the Father's Day sale but without the strings attached.

We both used a FCC and I can see on my personalizer it's applied and the credit.

i thought that would be the case, 'when' my boss okays the time off, i'll get my ta to book it using my fcc. thank you for letting me know for sure!

i thought that would be the case, 'when' my boss okays the time off, i'll get my ta to book it using my fcc. thank you for letting me know for sure!

If you have not booked it yet, remember tomorrow is the last day of the father's Day sale.

If you have not booked it yet, remember tomorrow is the last day of the father's Day sale.

yup! i have until 7pm to talk to a real person, or midnight to book online....i (or rather my ta) need to talk to a real person so i get my fcc applied to it. fingers crossed!

Thanks for the info from the Princess agent & wonder if what they told you is 100% accurate? :confused:

For point #3, that would be terrible & I don't understand how we can use a $100 FCC deposit & if cancelling they would penalize us with a full deposit amount. I don't understand how they would do this since they would only have the $100 FCC.

I talked again with a customer service agent who confirmed that you forfeit the entire brochure deposit, EXCEPT when you have used a FCC deposit, then you just forfeit the $100. That makes a lot more sense.

So now the question is whether or not the cruise we want will go up or down in price in the future.

I talked again with a customer service agent who confirmed that you forfeit the entire brochure deposit, EXCEPT when you have used a FCC deposit, then you just forfeit the $100. That makes a lot more sense.

So now the question is whether or not the cruise we want will go up or down in price in the future.

Thanks for the follow-up on the deposit question which also makes sense to me.

I talked again with a customer service agent who confirmed that you forfeit the entire brochure deposit, EXCEPT when you have used a FCC deposit, then you just forfeit the $100. That makes a lot more sense. .

When I booked, I used a FCC and was told by my TA that I would only lose my FCC if I were to cancel. So this makes sense.

Since re-booking on Saturday our fare has gone up some $1400....now final is on Thursday....I wonder how much it will go down after that.;)

A BD guarantee was I think $1,399 last week on Ruby for September. Today, $3,340 pp :eek: Final Payment is tomorrow.

Archived