Seriously?....Please stop and think before you post.

So Host Kinky is coming to my neck of the woods, eh? Today and tomorrow are gonna be blissful weather-wise, but the nasty southern swampy heat will be back all next week. Yuck!:(

Yep....June 29th-July 4th in Raleigh......you should come to the party sat night......mostly CC peeps I've known over the years. :D

No....everyone is entitled to post as they see fit......fonts, colors, one continuous sentence if they want, etc....If it's too hard to read, which I never have a problem reading, then move along...or read if you think you would enjoy......Now if the person "asks" for feedback on how it was written, then by all means tell them....but for someone to tell them in the nicest way without them asking for that opinion is hurtful to most on a message board where it's hard to really discern the real intention.....then others chiming in and making snarky remarks.....a lot of the time it is too time consuming to clean up a thread, as I did that one to make a point, that we just delete the whole thing and some valuable info could have gotten lost because some posters thought it funny to post some of the things they did....So there you have it and look....all in one paragraph. :)....Seriously...I was raised by an English Teacher and know very well how to do it all correct but this is a FUN message board where we don't need teachers looking over our shoulders. :)

Fun is relative. I don't think you'll find many who would find reading a 5k word review in 4pt font in a single paragraph "fun".

it reely dusnt matter wut font sumones uses or hwo many commas thye have. waht is aonnying is the BS thta gose on whne somone tkaes the time to wriet a review.

Jst saiyng (just saying)

Well to shed some light on that....Many years ago I was having electrical problems in my area with the transformer that is behind my house.... There would be a day or two with no electricity and I would go to Kinkos to use their computer....Several knew I was doing that and started calling me Host Kinky....Laura, in an attempt to be funny, added it to my name:p......so now you know the REST of the story. :D

Well, I know a few people with whom you've cruised, Randy, and they have an entirely different story as to how you got that "kinky" tag.:D

• Administrators
Well to shed some light on that....Many years ago I was having electrical problems in my area with the transformer that is behind my house.... There would be a day or two with no electricity and I would go to Kinkos to use their computer....Several knew I was doing that and started calling me Host Kinky....Laura, in an attempt to be funny, added it to my name:p......so now you know the REST of the story. :D

Well it STILL cracks me up after all these years!!!

I just cleaned up a thread deleting about 1/4 of all the posts and all they were doing were commenting on grammar, spelling and sentence/paragraph structure....REALLY?......so please stop......We do know who is doing this and not just on that thread...... as a reminder this is from our community guidelines.....Thank you.

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

Thank you for talking about this. I made a reply yesterday about the same thing . I'm one who has learning disabilities. Last thing we need on here is people making fun of the way we talk or spell. Like I said yesterday I have many kids and grandkids and great grandkids. They love there pop pop just way he is.So thank you again Randy

Well, that took the fun out of that! I think i will stick with one of the versions that were going around in my head instead. ;-)

Well, I know a few people with whom you've cruised, Randy, and they have an entirely different story as to how you got that "kinky" tag.:D

DOn't blow y cover, Gary :D

Well it STILL cracks me up after all these years!!!

I'm soooo glad I can entertain you. :D

Thank you for talking about this. I made a reply yesterday about the same thing . I'm one who has learning disabilities. Last thing we need on here is people making fun of the way we talk or spell. Like I said yesterday I have many kids and grandkids and great grandkids. They love there pop pop just way he is.So thank you again Randy

You are most welcome. :)

Excellent post. Typos and language are a pet peeve of mine, especially when I make them with auto-correct. But your points are very good and some I didn't consider when reading some posts.

Thanks!!

Spell check can be such a p.i.t.a. sometimes!:eek::D

I have to agree, Randy. I've been on forums for some 14 years (mostly aviation ones), have been a moderator too, and while non-use of paragraphs and poor grammar and spelling irk me, I resist the urge to comment on it. I'm not perfect either.

"There, their, here, hear, steward, stewart".... Heck, I'm so anal I need to think about when to use a semi-colon! The English language is no day at the beach!

Then we have the differences between American English and British English. Is it "center" or "centre"? Pronunciation can also be different. Hard to describe it here, but words such as "inventory", "controversy" and others are pronounced differently between the two countries.

Heck, I have a book about the differences! A WHOLE BOOK!

Never mind those for whom English is a second language. I give them credit for dealing with this amalgamation of many languages.

Good for you to put this in perspective.

However, please, on a ship it is "steward", not "stewart". ;)

We've been on eight cruises so far, and have yet to meet that elusive steward named "Stewart". I'm sure he exists, and maybe we'll get to meet him someday.:)

My DD makes fun of my lack to spell and use proper punctuation [sp][lol]. She has been going to school to become an english teacher. I was a tradesman for 30+ years. When something needs to be fixed she calls me. everyone has strong points and not so strong points. Right? Also most of my family grew up in Brooklyn so I spell how I say the word LOL again.

Sorry, I'm guilty of pointing out paragraph length and font color.

A few months ago, someone took the time to write out a review and only two people commented. The OP wrote the entire review without breaking up paragraphs. I don't know about anyone else but if I took the time to write out a review and no one commented, my feelings would be hurt.

Isn't it better for someone to say, "hey,if you broke up the paragraphs, it's easier for people to read?"

I don't point out those things because I know my post would disappear but I do have to admit, I'd love to comment on the differences between their and there. At times it is very difficult not to do so but if we did start pointing things out like that, the boards would become unusable.

Maybe one of the hints that the moderators could give people at times is to enable spell check on their browser. Wouldn't help with their and there but would clear up a lot of typos.

I just cleaned up a thread deleting about 1/4 of all the posts and all they were doing were commenting on grammar, spelling and sentence/paragraph structure....REALLY?......so please stop......We do know who is doing this and not just on that thread...... as a reminder this is from our community guidelines.....Thank you.

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

It is about time these people are getting called on this.

Archived