Is Intercontinental in Miami that much better?

dreamr

Do you know if you can leave your car while on your cruise ? And is there a shuttle to the port?

No you can't leave your car and you wouldn't want to at $35 a day.

No there is no shuttle to the port. A taxi will be $10+/-. Taxi rates are for the car, not per person. Up to 5 ride for that price. Some taxi-vans can seat 6-7.

Options to get downtown from MIA:

Metrorail: @ $2.00 per person 1 transfer required (free)

Taxi: $30 +/- before tip

Shuttle: $15 per person

Rental Car: (varies)

Walk: About 2 hours:eek:

As long as we're on the topic of the IC, I was just wondering how tough it is to find transportation to & from the airport & the port. Are taxi's the best option?

Are taxi's a per person rate or one rate no matter how many people?

Do they have plenty taxis lined up on heavy cruise departure days??

LOL. We didn't have that last December. We'll be back to Miami again this December hopefully those signs will be gone by then. :D

Have a nice weekend too.

Keith

Come on down Keith, I got the sunshine turned on for you! I'll make you buy me a drink.... lol.

Thank you hawk. The amazons are vinaceous and the yellow birds are golden conures a/k/a queen of bavaria. I am on my fifth generation of goldens and am very proud of my flock. My pet grey is now 27 years old. I love blue crowned conures!!

(Not to hijack this thread, but you have beautiful parrots-I recognize your Amazons, but can't quite make out the yellow ones, as to breed/species...I have quite a few parrots myself. An African Grey, Blue Front Amazon, Blue Crown Conure, as pets, and other types in my aviaries:cool:)

dreamer, the difference between the Intercontinental and the Holiday Inn is like the difference between a nice sit down dinner and eating out of the garbage.

The HI is an overpriced MOTEL that needs to lower its prices by about a third. There is absolutely no value to staying at the Holiday Inn.

So what your role call is staying there. They will want to hang out in the IC lobby not the HI.

Well said BH!

Hey where have you been? Haven't seen you on here for a bit.

Hey girl! We've been getting settled with our permanent, final move to Florida! We are actually heading your way in a couple of weeks!

I've been looking at the prices for the IC on LMT for my cruise in early Dec.-it's listed as $141 (which a much better price than $333, if you booked directly with the hotel itself). Out of curiosity do you, or anyone else know, how much more of a discount you would get by "calling LMT's # for a better deal"? Thanks.

In LMT's web site, how do you get the hotel names to show?

In LMT's web site, how do you get the hotel names to show?

Iccruiser-

If you're checking on your Ipad, it will show you the name of the hotel, and the prices, and the prices show as higher-if you check on a computer, most of the places are blocked/mystery hotels. If you do a mock booking of a hotel you like, then add on an excursion, it will then show you the name of the hotel...prices show lower.

Happy cruising!:cool:

Archived