Miami Hotel which includes parking during cruise

luvmy2kids

Leaving out of Miami for the first time this October and I was wondering if any of you knew of any hotels that let you leave your vehicle there while you cruise and transport you to the port. We live in Orlando and plan to drive down. Was thinking of leaving the night before and staying there so we will be ready to go in the morning.

If its a ton of money, I'd rather leave Orlando the morning of the cruise and drive down early. But if I could find a hotel which includes parking (even if parking there is not free but less than parking at the port) and breakfast, I might consider it. We have a family of five so I'm interested in saving some money because I'd rather spend it on the cruise. ;)

Thanks in advance!!

Leaving out of Miami for the first time this October and I was wondering if any of you knew of any hotels that let you leave your vehicle there while you cruise and transport you to the port. We live in Orlando and plan to drive down. Was thinking of leaving the night before and staying there so we will be ready to go in the morning.

If its a ton of money, I'd rather leave Orlando the morning of the cruise and drive down early. But if I could find a hotel which includes parking (even if parking there is not free but less than parking at the port) and breakfast, I might consider it. We have a family of five so I'm interested in saving some money because I'd rather spend it on the cruise. ;)

Thanks in advance!!

We stayed a few years ago at Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon and they let us leave our car there for the week no extra charge. I think the shuttle to the port was $10 a person each way.

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East last March.

3501 Northwest Le Jeune Rd

Miami, FL 33142

1-305-871-1777

The shuttle to the port was free, but the return trip back to get you car was less than $10 a person.

www.parksleepfly.com is a good source. Hotels offering these deals will be out near the MIA airport, so in addition to the hotel rate plan on paying $25-30 to get to POM and the same fare back to your car. A few of the discount motels offer free shuttles to POM - check La Quinta East (mixed reviews but it seems to be good enough for lots of cruisers). Good luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...

But can a family of five stay in one room? If the kids are small, I guess. Be careful tho if you have to pay per person for shuttles to the port if you are staying a distance away. You'll end up adding $50 ( min,)each way in transportation. Might want to lokk at a hotel with the included shuttle, like the La Quinta East as mentioned.

We stayed a few years ago at Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon and they let us leave our car there for the week no extra charge. I think the shuttle to the port was $10 a person each way.

We also stayed at Homewood suites a few years ago and left our car. They didn't charge extra we just had to pay for the shuttle.

If there is an extra charge for the shuttle to the port, I think I'm better off just parking at the port. Five round trip individual shuttle tickets would be a lot more.

But thank you so much and keep the information coming. its really helpful to be able to read it all in one place.

We are looking for a place in Miami too for next May. We have 5 in our family-all 3 children over 18. This past cruise, the girls and I slept side ways in the bed-just moved the covers around. Husband and son slept in the other bed. We had free shuttle for whole family to port and free shuttle after cruise back to hotel in Fort Lauderdale -parked car there free for 8 night cruise. I am trying to find the same kind of deal in Miami. Two years ago we stayed at Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon, which was very nice but we didn't take advantage of parking there. I think two people per room had free shuttle to POM and you pay to get back to hotel after cruise. My husband thought it would be less trouble just to park at the port instead of paying to get back to hotel.

If there is an extra charge for the shuttle to the port, I think I'm better off just parking at the port. Five round trip individual shuttle tickets would be a lot more.

But thank you so much and keep the information coming. its really helpful to be able to read it all in one place.

Yes it's $10 a person. We only are doing a 4 day cruise this time so we chose to park at the port. There were only 3 of us and we did a 7 last time so it was worth it to park at the hotel. It wouldn't be worth it for 5 ppl though.

We are looking for a place in Miami too for next May. We have 5 in our family-all 3 children over 18. This past cruise, the girls and I slept side ways in the bed-just moved the covers around. Husband and son slept in the other bed. We had free shuttle for whole family to port and free shuttle after cruise back to hotel in Fort Lauderdale -parked car there free for 8 night cruise. I am trying to find the same kind of deal in Miami. Two years ago we stayed at Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon, which was very nice but we didn't take advantage of parking there. I think two people per room had free shuttle to POM and you pay to get back to hotel after cruise. My husband thought it would be less trouble just to park at the port instead of paying to get back to hotel.

Check out stay123.com and look at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North.

@SNJ CRuisers where did I stay in fort lauderdale that had free transportation back to fort lauderdale? Was your cruise out of Miami? We are flyin into FLL and have to take SAS transport to Mia port... We are staying at Hampton Inn in FLL

@SNJ CRuisers where did I stay in fort lauderdale that had free transportation back to fort lauderdale? Was your cruise out of Miami? We are flyin into FLL and have to take SAS transport to Mia port... We are staying at Hampton Inn in FLL

I don't know where you stayed....maybe your girlfriend or husband that traveled with you might know. :rolleyes:

LoL I meant where did You stay.... Sorry iPhone typo...if u stay at the laquinta inn in Miami they have a free shuttle to port / free parking/ and free breakfast!

Yes...a few years ago we stayed at the La Quinta Airport East location and they do have the amenities that you mentioned. The La Quinta Airport North location charges an additional 10 pp for the shuttle to the port. Both of these locations are available on lastminutetravel.

Yes I'm sorry maybe I misread your OP did u stay in FLL and had shuttle to Mia port or FLL port?

The shuttles and stays were all involving the Miami airport and Miami cruise port locations. I am not aware of any hotel that is in the FLL area that includes a free shuttle to the Miami cruise port. When we had flown into FLL on Southwest a few years ago and were cruising out of Miami, we had taken the light rail down to the Miami area. The other option of course is to stay near the FLL airport and have SAS pick you up.

• 1 month later...
I know this is an older thread, but what's the deal with that site? I am finding a "too good to be true" rate and it's making me wonder.

That site includes hotels with parking included in case you need it. If you are flying in, a better site to check out is lastminutetravel.com, which has great rates without the parking. We will be staying at the aforementioned hotel for 118, (133 including tax) in January, which of course is high season for rates in the Miami area.

Try the laquinta in Miami... Nice free breakfast and free parking it's on lejune road

Can you clarify any shuttle charges if we stay at LaQuinta Airport East? I know that parking is free but their website says they offer free shuttle to the port day of cruise but do not mention shuttle back. Can you arrange for them to pick you up at the port after cruise to pick up your car for a fee and what would that be? I want to be sure of any unforeseen charges we may incur before booking. Thanks in advance for your help!

Archived