Bora Bora --- Evening Ideas

I have been there on 6 overnights.

Some people go to Bloody Mary for dinner.

We went once for drinks and it was ok.

We love the food on the PG so thats why we dont go anywhere else. the PG will sometimes bring a local troupe on board to dance so no need to go anywhere.

After a long day in the water we are usually tired and want our rest.

Our cruise is doing an overnite in Bora Bora this coming October ---- need ideas about what we can do in the evening ---- good places to eat --some local entertainment. Need info on transportation, too. Thanks,

The beauty about doing French Polynesia by cruise ship is that you have more entertainment on board than you would have staying in a resort, apart from the odd dance show, there is not much going on on the islands at night. Certainly not when we stayed in hotels previously. It's the kind of place where you go to bed after dinner and get up for sunset.

If do decide to go to Bloody Mary's make sure they are open. We will be there overnight on Friday to Saturday and the restaurant is closed on Saturday so visiting for either lunch or drinks on Saturday isn't possible for us.

don't know if we will do dinner on Friday night or not. We may just go for some appetizers and drinks to check the place out. We have a full day tour that day and as Emdee says we expect the food to be quite good on PG so don't know that I will want to "pay" to have dinner out.

Debbie

Since everyone talks about Bloody Marys it is a good idea to stop buy ave a coke or cocktail and maybe an appetizer.--Very much a tourist trap--I was there when it opened in the late 70's--had about 4 or 5 tables and a bar that held very few--Be sure to check out the restrooms--Going toward the ladies room check out the photos of the original Bloody Mary on the wall behind the bar--the dining room was smaller than the inside of the current bar.

Have fun !!!!!!

Nancy :D:D

The last time we were there for drinks in the afternoon, they were spraying for fleas. The place has a sand floor. Good place to go to just say you have been there. Their t-shirts are expensive.

Happy Days

If do decide to go to Bloody Mary's make sure they are open. We will be there overnight on Friday to Saturday and the restaurant is closed on Saturday so visiting for either lunch or drinks on Saturday isn't possible for us.

don't know if we will do dinner on Friday night or not. We may just go for some appetizers and drinks to check the place out. We have a full day tour that day and as Emdee says we expect the food to be quite good on PG so don't know that I will want to "pay" to have dinner out.

Debbie

Debbie, I think it is Sunday that they are closed. Although last time they opened on Sunday for lunch when the cruise ship was in port. You can always sent them an e mail (they responded quickly to me last time) but I am fairly confident that they are open on Saturday.

I actually have already emailed Bloody Mary's. I had seen on another post maybe on tripadvisor that a guest was surprised to find them closed on Saturday so I emailed them. They will in fact be closed on Saturday July 7th

Per their email:

Debbie

Yes we will be closed on the 7th. Not sure what days exactly the Gauguin is in port

but if you are here on Friday also we are open for lunch & dinner on the this day.

the staff

I actually have already emailed Bloody Mary's. I had seen on another post maybe on tripadvisor that a guest was surprised to find them closed on Saturday so I emailed them. They will in fact be closed on Saturday July 7th

Per their email:

Debbie

Yes we will be closed on the 7th. Not sure what days exactly the Gauguin is in port

but if you are here on Friday also we are open for lunch & dinner on the this day.

the staff

They might have a special event on Saturday, July 7. They just told me via e mail that they are open on Saturdays, but to check with them because they sometimes special events.

• 2 weeks later...
The beauty about doing French Polynesia by cruise ship is that you have more entertainment on board than you would have staying in a resort, apart from the odd dance show, there is not much going on on the islands at night. Certainly not when we stayed in hotels previously. It's the kind of place where you go to bed after dinner and get up for sunset.

Being in Bora Bora for the day only, what do you recommend we do?

Retired in Florida, welcome to Cruise Critic, I suggest you ask this question in a separate post after you read through some of the other posts as this question has been asked often. Our answer will depend on what you are interested in. Common answers include tours offered by Maohi Nui, Reef Discovery, or a 4x4 tour.

Archived