Upgrading due to sale fares on nz cruise

chooky85

Hi all,

We booked our cruise many months again but now there is soo many sales that rooms are much cheaper.

Do princess let you change your booking to a better room if its the same price? We currently have a interior room but balcony rooms are about the same price!

Does anyone know if princess allow this to happen?

Thanks

Have you reached final payment? if so, most sales are for new bookings only. To get the lower price, you would have to cancel the original booking and suffer the cancelation penalty.

If you have not reached final payment, call your TA or Princess about the lower prices.

We've only paid the deposit at the moment ... some of the balcony rooms are just a bit more then what we paid for our inside room .. crazy. might give just them a ring and see what they say.

My hubby called princess today and looks like we got a upgrade! They upgraded us to a obstructed view outside room and have put us on the Balcony upgrade list. We are definetely not expecting anything to happen from the upgrade list as its our first time on a cruise with princess ... lets hope the new room is good!

My hubby called princess today and looks like we got a upgrade! They upgraded us to a obstructed view outside room and have put us on the Balcony upgrade list. We are definetely not expecting anything to happen from the upgrade list as its our first time on a cruise with princess ... lets hope the new room is good!

That's good news! :)

If you've been assigned a specific obstructed oceanview cabin, there's a website by CC member Theo that has photos of the view from such cabins.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/

If you find a cabin with a view you prefer within the same category of obstructed o/v, you could contact Princess to see if a better cabin may be available.

Going from an inside to a balcony isn't likely but you never know...Princess likes to 'hook' you in so you'll return again in the future & I've read about some great 'upgrades' for 1st time Princess passengers. ;)

The more i looked into the room i discovered it was a obstructed view its just one of the rooms with the smaller windows as its the 4th room to the front of the ship. Smaller window is definetely better then no window!

Archived