Steakhouse on Magic....help me?

newbieMom

We're sailing on the Magic in July and it will be our 3rd family cruise:) DH and I have never done the steakhouse (because we LOVE the MDR) but this time we'd love to try it. Any strategy for the best night to go? We don't want to miss lobster in the MDR....I think that's the first formal night, right? Anyhow, any tips would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone have menus? My husband rolls his eyes at me that I plan every little detail, and it's true...I obsess about everything before we sail. But once we're on the ship I'm so easy going that nobody in the family recognizes me...all because I did my planning ahead and then let it all go when set sail :)

We're sailing on the Magic in July and it will be our 3rd family cruise:) DH and I have never done the steakhouse (because we LOVE the MDR) but this time we'd love to try it. Any strategy for the best night to go? We don't want to miss lobster in the MDR....I think that's the first formal night, right? Anyhow, any tips would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone have menus? My husband rolls his eyes at me that I plan every little detail, and it's true...I obsess about everything before we sail. But once we're on the ship I'm so easy going that nobody in the family recognizes me...all because I did my planning ahead and then let it all go when set sail :)

We usually go the 2nd to the last night. My DH likes to be in the MDR the last night to see the waitstaff and any new friends we have made with tablemates or folks sitting next to us. And he also must have the Chocolate Melting Cake one last time as well.

But any night you go will be great. It is a nice experience and well worth the extra money for us.

On our June 3rd sailing we went twice.

1st night of cruise because it's reduced from $35pp to $30pp and you get a complimentary bottle of wine.

2nd night because of the same reason another posted earlier..perfect end to a wonderful vacation.

Another tip: If you both love steak and lobster, one should order the Rib Eye and the other should order the Lobster. Then split the two meals. This allows for more beef and lobster than if you just ordered their surf and turf selection.

I like to do it on day 5 because it is my least favorite MDR menu.... just me. I think lobster is night 2. You can also get Surf and Turf in the steakhouse so you won't miss the lobster either way.

On our last cruise we ended up cancelling the steakhouse because we loved the MDR and our waitstaff so much. So this time we are going to reserve for the 1st night. That way we have not been to the MDR yet and because of all the perks on the 1st night!:p

• 1 month later...
is our choice for the steak house because I do not bring a sports jacket

They do require jackets if you dine there on cruise elegant night.

We like the first night- free bottle of wine and it's nice to unwind that first night. It's sooooo good- you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. I do suggest a double order of mashed potatoes- they are so good you will want to eat a tub of them :)

They may require them on paper, but it is never enforced. Dress codes are very loose on CCL.

Well, we were on the Inaugural of the Breeze at the beginning of June. Unfortunately I was 7,000 miles away from home when I realized that I forgot to pack my dress slacks for formal night. So all I had were jeans...nice jeans (black, no tears, etc). On formal night, they do not allow jeans in the steakhouse, and this was enforced. I explained my situation, they apologized and asked if we wanted to move our reservation to the next night as they did not allow jeans on Formal Night. We moved our reservation and ate in the MDR that night. So to say they don't enforce a dress code.....I am not too sure about that as it was enforced (and rightfully so) on us.....The cruise on the Breeze was our 11th with Carnival making us Platinum, but that didn't matter. We were bummed, but not mad or anything...it was my fault and they were just enforcing their rules.

1- The best menu's that Carnival offers are on elegant nights

2- You not need a jacket or wear a dress neverless formalwear

We have three evening reservations for the Steakhouse

1) First night (not for bottle of wine we not care about that rather have cocktails) because we take early dining since father in law with us and needs to eat earlier (for medicine issues) and we find the first night is a rush lifeboat drill, unpacking showering/dressing its a rush so we figured lets make our meal 6:45 which is still early but gives us an extra 45 minutes so not need to rush for dinner first night

2) I chose fourth night as that is my least liked menu for all of us

3) We also chose last night because I just can't stand the singing and all that stuff they do...you eat dinner, then they make you wait for dessert because they have to do their goodbye show...we seen that too many times and just tired of it so now we not have to sit through that stuff.

For us night 3 and 4 are our least liked menus but what I did is break up the days steakhouse, 2 nights MDR, steakhouse, 2 nights MDR, then steakhouse.

I would say choose night 3 or 4 for your special dinner. :)

Archived