Skyride

MingusBigBand

I will be in St Thomas on Royal Caribbean and was wondering if you can just walk from the ship to the skyride? If so what is the price of the skyride as the cruise line is offering it for $29. I'm not sure if it makes sense to purchase it from the cruise.

thank you

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

It depends where you dock. When we were there with NCL, we docked right across the street from there (Havensight). It's really close.

Here's a map of it:

havensight-map-2004.gif

The place is called paradise point.

You use to be able to print off a coupon online for savings there and also for their signature drinks, but I'm not sure if it is still available or not. You might try searching online. :)

Thanks for the info. Looks like it is $21.

Our last cruise we walked from the Havensight dock to Paradise Point Skyride. Was a very short walk and there was shopping on the way so we took our time about it and still got there fairly quickly. Price for the sky ride was $21 per person. The views at the top are spectacular and worth the price!! So beautiful! Enjoy!!

I just wanted to add, I'm not sure if Royal Caribbean is the same as NCL, but they do charge the same amount on the ship as they charge on the skyride. NCL guarantees their tickets that if you do not end up using them that day, they will completely refund your money back. That made it worth it to us to buy the tickets on the ship instead of at the skyride itself (they were the same price) because were going to Sapphire beach for the day, then going to Paradise Point after the beach and prior to getting back on the ship. :)

The ships are generally the same or just slightly cheaper so no need to buy ahead of time in case your plans change. But they are fully refundable too (but double check that). $21 was the price we paid

If you're on RCL I believe you will dock in Crown Bay and will need to taxi to the tram. You could taxi to Paradise Point at the top and take the tram down or go roundtrip, your choice. But enjoy your time at PP, great view and drinks including the Bailey's Bushwacker.

I will be in St Thomas on Royal Caribbean and was wondering if you can just walk from the ship to the skyride? If so what is the price of the skyride as the cruise line is offering it for $29. I'm not sure if it makes sense to purchase it from the cruise.

thank you

When I was there 2 weeks ago, I walked. I bought the ticket at the booth.

There is a pretty cool bar at the top. You get a great view of the ships.

When I was there 2 weeks ago, I walked. I bought the ticket at the booth.

There is a pretty cool bar at the top. You get a great view of the ships.

The tram is a short walk from Havensight but Crown Bay is on the other side of Charlotte Amalie so a taxi would be needed.

Paradise Point is one of our favorite spots to end our day on St Thomas after a day at the beach or shopping with a cocktail and a bite to eat and enjoy the view.

The tram is a short walk from Havensight but Crown Bay is on the other side of Charlotte Amalie so a taxi would be needed.

Paradise Point is one of our favorite spots to end our day on St Thomas after a day at the beach or shopping with a cocktail and a bite to eat and enjoy the view.

I am pretty sure that Royal always docks at Havensight, but I could be wrong.

I am pretty sure that Royal always docks at Havensight, but I could be wrong.

RCL docks in both actually. Looking at the schedule for June I see the Freedom and Explorer dock WICO (Havensight), while the Allure and Oasis in CB.

Mingus, check your ship in the cruise ship calendar on vinow dot com

Can anyone tell me approximately how many steps to climb at the top after getting off the tram? I have some difficulty walking but get around pretty good at my own speed.

I had a stroke last year and have some issues. Maybe 20 steps. It was not hard. If you use a walker, you might have an issue

I had a stroke last year and have some issues. Maybe 20 steps. It was not hard. If you use a walker, you might have an issue

Thanks, no walker needed (yet), sometimes a cane for a little extre support.

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard that the tram is in constant motion like a ski lift and you have to get on quickly. is this true? I have some concerns about my father, who can walk with a cane, getting onboard quickly. Also, can i, if needed, bring a wheelchair on the tram? I am aware there are about 20 or so stairs to climb which, for him, are manageable. I'm thinking it would be better for dad to have the wheelchair once we are at the top.

Archived