Royal Princess

Shogun

Hi All

I am lucky to be doing the maiden TA on the Royal next year so why not add 5 days inCaribbean

Princess has said sorry you can not as there is a two day lay or in FTL

so I assume this is to allow US media and VIPs etc a chance to look over the ship.

yours Shogun

Hi All

I am lucky to be doing the maiden TA on the Royal next year so why not add 5 days inCaribbean

so I assume this is to allow US media and VIPs etc a chance to look over the ship.

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun,

We're also on the maiden TA (as well as the 12-day cruise that precedes it). We opted to spend those two days in Florida and then reboard the Royal for the 5-day maiden Caribbean cruise. You might want to consider the same!

Craig

We are also on the Maiden TA and Caribbean cruises. It gives us an opportunity to see a little more of Florida. We also booked an aft facing deluxe balcony. We didn't do that on the TA, because we weren't sure they were partially covered.

We are also on the Maiden TA and Caribbean cruises. It gives us an opportunity to see a little more of Florida. We also booked an aft facing deluxe balcony. We didn't do that on the TA, because we weren't sure they were partially covered.

We did exactly the same thing (aft-facing deluxe balcony on the Caribbean cruise but not on the 30-day).

Craig

We did book a Dolphin deck D4 aft Deluxe Balcony for the TA as have four others on the Roll Call. The Builder's Model showed them to be larger and partially covered. The construction photos confirm this. The six aft D4 cabins on Dolphin deck and probably the six aft cabins on Baja deck will have balconies very similar to those on the Caribe deck.

What deck did you all book your D4s on, besides IECAL Cruiser? I'm trying to decide...and did you take an end one or a middle one (in the group of 3)? I'm trying to figure out where the suite's (next door) entrance is to their balcony...is it on the side of the ship? Doesn't seem to be in the aft per the deck plan.

What deck did you all book your D4s on, besides IECAL Cruiser? I'm trying to decide...and did you take an end one or a middle one (in the group of 3)? I'm trying to figure out where the suite's (next door) entrance is to their balcony...is it on the side of the ship? Doesn't seem to be in the aft per the deck plan.

We're on Marina deck, interior of the group of 3.

Craig

TA said this would be a VIP invitation cruise to nowhere similar to when the Ruby came out.

When Princess launched the Crown Princess in New York, not only did they have a travel agent cruise, but they also had a dinner and a luncheon for some past passengers iwho live in the area. We went to the luncheon and it was lovely. We had a tour of the ship and then a four course lunch with wine. I wonder if they will be doing the same thing in Ft. Lauderdale.

Stateroom D726

Stateroom Type D4 - BALCONY

You can get an idea of the look of the aft D4s from this photo from the Princess flickr photostream.

Royal Princess Construction Update - Aft right

The decks shown in this photo are the Caribe, Dolphin and Emerald deck. The suite doors are on the side with no doors aft. We chose an end one because I didn't know what was in the space between the two middle cabins and wanted to avoid potential noise or odor problems such as those reported with the aft vents on the Grand class ships. As I might have stated before, the Dolphin and Baja D4 balconies appear to be very similar in size and 1/2 covered like the Grand class Caribe deck balconies. The construction photo appears to verify that for the Dolphin deck cabins. We will probably only have two of the new uncomfortable cars and the mini table :( on our 9'x9' balcony but we will be able to move them to the covered or uncovered area of the balcony :)

Thanks! I would love to be up on a higher deck, but I guess it doesn't matter. Do we have any idea what's in the large area between the aft & the elevators, where there might otherwise be inside cabins but aren't?

We went for B735 - which is next to a suite. In chatting with our TA we decided not knowing enough about what that gap in the middle is all about, I just had a gut feel that the deluxe balcony adjoining the suite would be the better choice.

We went for B735 - which is next to a suite. In chatting with our TA we decided not knowing enough about what that gap in the middle is all about, I just had a gut feel that the deluxe balcony adjoining the suite would be the better choice.

I picked D726...also next to the suite. I posted this in another thread I started...When booking on the Princess site, this is the description it gave for a D4. It doesn't mention the sofa, which I'm sure it has, but it also states obstructed view...wonder why in an aft-facing balcony?

Your Premium Deluxe Aft-facing balcony stateroom is a haven of relaxation, with twin beds that make up into a queen-size bed, a spacious closet, desk and a bathroom with a rejuvenating shower with an obstructed view. Approximately 242 to 312 square feet including balcony. (Location: Aft)

• 6 months later...
We're on Marina deck, interior of the group of 3.

Craig

Good morning from SW FL,

We are looking at the D4 cabins on the above deck. I see you have 726 booked. Are you aware of any possible odor issues or scraping noises coming from the Horizon Terrace above?

Before we book, I am reading several posts. We have not booked an aft cabin previously and wanted to think through others thoughts before we book.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts or information before I commit.

Marty

Good morning from SW FL,

We are looking at the D4 cabins on the above deck. I see you have 726 booked. Are you aware of any possible odor issues or scraping noises coming from the Horizon Terrace above?

Before we book, I am reading several posts. We have not booked an aft cabin previously and wanted to think through others thoughts before we book.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts or information before I commit.

Marty

No one would know of issues because the ship has not been built yet:)

Yes, I am aware of the Royal currently being built.

It seems I have not provided enough information regarding my concerns.

I was hoping for others with previous aft cabin experience to give some pointers.'We have been on other Princess ships but not an aft cabin.

Thank you,

Marty

Yes, I am aware of the Royal currently being built.

It seems I have not provided enough information regarding my concerns.

I was hoping for others with previous aft cabin experience to give some pointers.'We have been on other Princess ships but not an aft cabin.

Thank you,

Marty

The problem is that what applies to current ships now may not apply to the Royal at all and since no one has sailed on her yet... No one can answer your question!

O.K,

Now it is time to throw a "monkey wrench" into the works. Even though the title to the following thread is deceiving, it concerns all that are talking about the Aft facing cabins on the Royal Princess. There has been a design change and 14 of the D-4 cabins have been reconfigured to make way for full suites. This seems to be affecting at least Baja, Caribe and Dolphin deck. People that were booked in certain cabins have been relocated.

here is the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...1718037&page=2

Joe

O.K,

Now it is time to throw a "monkey wrench" into the works. Even though the title to the following thread is deceiving, it concerns all that are talking about the Aft facing cabins on the Royal Princess. There has been a design change and 14 of the D-4 cabins have been reconfigured to make way for full suites. This seems to be affecting at least Baja, Caribe and Dolphin deck. People that were booked in certain cabins have been relocated.

here is the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...1718037&page=2

Joe

If you go to the "Plan a cruise" section on Princess, you will see that the change in deck plans affects all of the decks from Marina to Emerald. The aft corner (S2) suites have been enlarged and renumbered and two of the aft Deluxe Balcony cabins have been removed on each deck. Instead it looks like on each deck an additional deluxe balcony cabin has been added on both port and starboard sides facing the side not aft.

Hi All

yours Shogun

Darn, Shogun! We're on the maiden Caribbean voyage and would have loved to meet you. (Having thoroughly enjoyed your posts on here.) :(

Hi Upcountrytravelers,

Would love to stayed but can not add so many extra days,

these days I am youtube, on The Real Love Boat TV show chatting about Princess,

but hope to be in the Caribbean end of 2014 doing first Caribbean of the season.

yours Shogun

Archived