Oceania Mariner Scotland, Ireland and England

havingfun1

I wanted to share our wonderful trip on aboard the Oceania Mariner. We just got back this week....June 19,2012.

We took our 18 year old daughter for her graduation from high school. Even though there were just a handful of kids we had a great time playing scrabble seating and touring....

We throughly enjoyed the incredible restaurants and the entertainment....

The suites were nicely done...ours was the Vista Suite which we enjoyed due to the extra room and butler services....

The master bath was spacious except for the shower which was quite small...shame because they certainly could have double the size with no trouble.

If you ever think about doing the London to London in June as we did, DON'T!

Everyday it rained, plenty of wind and chilly....every day. There were no possibilities of sitting around the pool.

Regardless...we enjoyed the Oceania but was disappointed that it was all casual every day and night....we took our formal and semi wear but did not wear.. Jeans and casual clothes set the tone.

ENJOY!

Interesting that you thought Marina's shower in the Vista Suite was small since I didn't find it to be so ... and I'm not a small person. (OTOH, I consider the showers in the "R" ships from the "A" category down to be impossibly small -- that's why we usually book a PH.)

Mura

I wanted to share our wonderful trip on aboard the Oceania Mariner. We just got back this week....June 19,2012.

We took our 18 year old daughter for her graduation from high school. Even though there were just a handful of kids we had a great time playing scrabble seating and touring....

If you ever think about doing the London to London in June as we did, DON'T!

Everyday it rained, plenty of wind and chilly....every day. There were no possibilities of sitting around the pool.

Regardless...we enjoyed the Oceania but was disappointed that it was all casual every day and night....we took our formal and semi wear but did not wear.. Jeans and casual clothes set the tone.

The fact that O is casual all the time should have been known to you before you cruised since it is stated everywhere and discussed on this board ad nauseum... As for the weather, this has been an especially rainy May-June in Europe and does not speak for the past or future.;)

Regardless...we enjoyed the Oceania but was disappointed that it was all casual every day and night....we took our formal and semi wear but did not wear.

Did this come as a surprise? Every Oceania brochure or ad I have ever seen says "country-club casual ambiance; tuxedos and gowns are never required".

Did this come as a surprise? Every Oceania brochure or ad I have ever seen says "country-club casual ambiance; tuxedos and gowns are never required".

Let's remember that the Original Poster just spent twelve days on the ship yet still called her "Mariner".

130436.jpg

Her real name is pretty hard to miss, once you've seen her in person...each of those letters is taller than a man.

So, I'm guessing that the dress code was just another "detail" that flew in under their radar. Some people are just NOT DETAIL ORIENTED! :rolleyes:

We love O and are glad you had a wonderful time on ship and with your daughter. I'm sure you're very proud of her and had a great time with lots of memories. Welcome to CruiseCritic!

(It's her/his first post and were excited to be with their child who had just graduated from high school and were sailing abroad. I'm suggesting "slack cutting" for OP.)

We love O and are glad you had a wonderful time on ship and with your daughter. I'm sure you're very proud of her and had a great time with lots of memories. Welcome to CruiseCritic!

(It's her/his first post and were excited to be with their child who had just graduated from high school and were sailing abroad. I'm suggesting "slack cutting" for OP.)

Havingfun1, I share cbb's sentiment. Welcome to CruiseCritic. It's always fun to read everyone's thoughts about their Oceania experience.

Regardless of the weather, I'm certain you gave your daughter a graduation gift she'll always treasure.

Marina is a gorgeous ship. At least you were surrounded by her splendor during all those rainy days.

CBB, I love your attitude! :)

Susan,

I read some of your blog, Easter Sunday entry specifically, and discovered that while you were on Marina blasting hello to Insignia, we were on Insignia taking pictures of Marina and returning your sentiments!!! What a wonderful and small world!

Glad you had a wonderful trip as did we. (A member of the wait staff handed us his camera and asked that we take pictures for him since he couldn't leave his station!!) c

Archived