What's your favorite Dinner Item?

PineappleGal

Gem_ I do the same, I look at the menus and plan plan plan.

Favorites:

App - strawberry bisque or Lobster bisque

Entree - Lobster Lobster Lobster Lobster (yes I get 4 of them/No shame in my game)

Dessert - Creme Brulee (this is my absolute favorite/ I usually get 2 of them)

Breakfast - Custom Omelet - Bacon, onion, mushroom and cheese.

Our first cruise, on the Lido one day, was a Fruit Salad, primarily watermelon and canteloupe with mint sprinkled on it. It was so good and I have never seen it again. I look for it every day, never been repeated.

I also try to Chinese food station every day at lunch. It usually has something for me. Looking forward to the Mongolian Wok this Sept on Conquest.

Room Service - BLT w/ extra B. Yum

My sisters and I, before our first cruise, made a pact- If there was anything on the menu that we had never seen before or dared to try, We would try it.. Consequently - we all now love- escargot, oysters rockefeller(sp), lox and bagels. Not so much-Quail, pumpkin soup, Prime rib(like my beef cooked) and tirimasu. Its always an adventure and fun for us. We share the new dishes.

Happy Cruising everybody and Take Care.

How bad is it that I have the menu with pics bookmarked and look at them every couple of days? I'm already planning what I want to order each night. :o

Congratulations on attaining your blue card Kim......you're anticipating your first Carnival cruise, so you are the key audience that the beards are targeting.

Just remember that when a guy approaches you on the Lido deck with a tray full of drinks before you even make it to the buffet for lunch......those drinks are not included and you'll pay for them with your sail n sign card. ;)

Appetizer: hands down the escargot. I look forward to that more than anything else every cruise. After that, a number of the soups are very good

Main dish: Salmon and Filet Mignon but the Filet only in the steakhouse. I also love pasta dishes with certain cream sauces. That mac and cheese looks delicious. Will try it in three weeks!

Dessert: I love cinnamon ice cream but haven't seen it on most cruises. Love Bananas Foster for the same reason--after adding all the cinnamon and brown sugar to the mixture and piled over frozen vanilla it is delicious. Probably won't see that one either. Can I get that in the pay for venues?

I don't leave room for desserts most of the time!

Breakfast: Omelettes made a variety of ways.

Dessert: I love cinnamon ice cream but haven't seen it on most cruises. Love Bananas Foster for the same reason--after adding all the cinnamon and brown sugar to the mixture and piled over frozen vanilla it is delicious. Probably won't see that one either. Can I get that in the pay for venues?

I don't leave room for desserts most of the time!

When we were on the Spirit last year, they had some delicious ice cream in the steakhouse that changed daily. Cinnamon ice cream over a baked apple is to die for. :)

Gem_ I do the same, I look at the menus and plan plan plan.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. :p

Congratulations on attaining your blue card Kim......you're anticipating your first Carnival cruise, so you are the key audience that the beards are targeting.

Just remember that when a guy approaches you on the Lido deck with a tray full of drinks before you even make it to the buffet for lunch......those drinks are not included and you'll pay for them with your sail n sign card. ;)

Thanks. I know I won't miss what I never had, but I wish they had kept the rewards the same for all the pax that have been loyal to them over the years.

I was lucky to have found CC about a week after I booked and I log in here several times a day. I've gotten so much great info and have seen what people recommend and what to avoid. I'm trying to absorb everything I can. I really appreciate your advice. :)

I was lucky to have found CC about a week after I booked and I log in here several times a day. I've gotten so much great info and have seen what people recommend and what to avoid. I'm trying to absorb everything I can. I really appreciate your advice. :)

The fact that you found CC before you ever took your first cruise puts you in a very select group of people. Only a fraction of people that will be on your cruise are even aware of CC and the fact that you're able to be a sponge and absorb all of the information good and bad about the ship you'll be on, the ports you'll be visiting and all of the little nuances that go along with it, will make your first cruise experience that much better. I am jealous because CC was not around back in 86 when I first cruised on the Jubilee. :(

How bad is it that I have the menu with pics bookmarked and look at them every couple of days? I'm already planning what I want to order each night. :o

Not bad at all.

You're only a cruise virgin once - enjoy and don't worry about anything. With experience you will learn what you like and don't like. Form your own opinions.

Not bad at all.

You're only a cruise virgin once - enjoy and don't worry about anything. With experience you will learn what you like and don't like. Form your own opinions.

It's your fault that I'm able to drool over the food pics :p:):D

Archived