Where to store luggage?

My suitcases fit right under the beds. . no problem.

Go and relax, and book with a nice PVP next time.

Everyone pays too much at some time.. I sure way overpaid for a group cruise with a online group the first cruise I booked.. it was Princess, and we sure paid thru the nose.

I learned I could book on my own half the price.

What I tell myself is that cruise got me back cruising .. so the price was worth it as I have had many cruises since that one that I finally took Jan 2007.

The luggage has to fit somewhere in your cabin - there is no where else to put it.

Under the bed is popular. If it won't fit closed, you could maybe open up and slide it under that way.

Sometimes I just leave mine standing upright and roll it somewhere else when in the way.

The smaller ones might fit in the closet.

Under the bed is where our suitcases spend the cruise.

Before we were platinum took them out every few days to shove in dirty clothes so less to do the last night.

I bring a couple of empty grocery plastic bags to put dirty clothes into.

That way they are all together when I get home and no sorting.

I put those in a drawer or in the bottom of the closet and leave them out during the cruise.

I always bring a mesh laundry bag to put in the corner of the room to throw our dirty clothes in. It works perfect because it keeps the dirty clothes away and out of our space.

Put your suitcases under the bed or they will fit in the corner area under the TV if you are in an interior room or oceanview.

Carnival recommends not more then 2 suit cases per person. The size restriction is 16 x 24 x (any length). As already suggested, if you put your carry ons in the main suit cases, you can fit 4 main suit cases under the beds without a problem.

As for your second post, you should not be having a problem with Carnival if you have a good TA. Sounds like a misunderstanding between either you and the TA and/or Carnival. Being a first cruise can be a bit nerve racking getting prepared but once you get on board, take a deep breath, cruise with an open mind and you will have the time of your life.

If you ask me about my first cruise on the Sensation on June 25, 1995 (17 years ago), I can talk for an hour about the ship, ports, food, fellow cruisers, CD, etc.) Ask me what I did the week after and my mind is a blank. That's cruising.

Relax. No worries! I have a family of 4, we take 4 of the big bags, 4 of the rollers and carry ons..... I put the rollers in the big bag, and they all fit under the bed.

We did 8 days in Disneyworld, then a week long Carnival cruise. I had over 12 bags of stuff. We ended up putting them in the corners and still had plenty of room.

Hope this helps!

Shawn

Plenty of room to store your luggage, either under the bed or closets, last cruise we had 4 carryons and 1 large case for 3 people. I carry a foldable mesh hamper and throw in the closet for dirty clothes. We did have to do 1 load of laundry this time, (oldest son was quite the partier w/the ladies so he kept freshening up alot:p, but I also carry a couple of those space bags w/us, they are great for cramming alot of dirty clothes in and then after rolling the air out of them they don't take up much space in my luggage. Have a great cruise!

Happy Sailing,

I carry a foldable mesh hamper and throw in the closet for dirty clothes.Happy Sailing,

I usually just place our dirties in a corner on the floor of the closet and while waiting for my DW to shower prior to dinner, I grab them, fold them, and place them in one of my bags we have stored under the bed. Makes packing the last day a snap.

Tim

My large suitcase doesnt fit under the bed. So, I usually just put the smaller suitcase inside the bigger suitcase and they fit in the closet that the bathrobes are in.

I also have a stand up hamper that I put under the vanity for our dirty clothes. At the end of the cruise I have a laundry bag that I put all the dirty clothes in and when I put that in the suitcase, it leaves room around it for my souveniers.

I usually just place our dirties in a corner on the floor of the closet and while waiting for my DW to shower prior to dinner, I grab them, fold them, and place them in one of my bags we have stored under the bed. Makes packing the last day a snap.

Tim

OK, not judging anyone, but maybe 15 yrs of working in a hospital, germs are on the top of my list. My thought for bringing a hamper is exactly the scenario you have stated. I have thought of other people before me in that cabin throwing there "dirties" in my closet.:eek: I hope the steward wipe these down, but not taking the chance. Just sayin'

My shoes go in the bottom of the closet, but I am glad I brought the hamper since I had to have something to carry my washload in.:) I'm a bit of an organizational person anyhoo, which works out great in these small cabins, especially with 3 people sharing and 2 of them are 6'4 and up!;)

John Heald asked a question of FB this week about would cruisers like to have coffee machines in there cabins, my response was no, all I could think of was an airline stewardess once told me they use coffee makers in hotel rooms all the time to wash out their undies/hose. Yuk! Haven't used an inroom coffee machine since.:eek:

Happy Sailing,

if you can nest them inside one another, that will save space.

Carry-on can go in one of the closets, standing up, or under bed.

We bring a plastic bag for laundry, but usually can re-wear without laundry-- rinse out suits and undies in travel woolite & hang them in shower to drip.

OK, not judging anyone, but maybe 15 yrs of working in a hospital, germs are on the top of my list. My thought for bringing a hamper is exactly the scenario you have stated. I have thought of other people before me in that cabin throwing there "dirties" in my closet.:eek: I hope the steward wipe these down, but not taking the chance. Just sayin'

My shoes go in the bottom of the closet, but I am glad I brought the hamper since I had to have something to carry my washload in.:) I'm a bit of an organizational person anyhoo, which works out great in these small cabins, especially with 3 people sharing and 2 of them are 6'4 and up!;)

John Heald asked a question of FB this week about would cruisers like to have coffee machines in there cabins, my response was no, all I could think of was an airline stewardess once told me they use coffee makers in hotel rooms all the time to wash out their undies/hose. Yuk! Haven't used an inroom coffee machine since.:eek:

Happy Sailing,

Im a proponent of packing as light as you can. My method of plastic grocery bags keeps them from touching other things, and takes up practically no space packing.

Thats how I can pack in a carry on only .. dont bring a lot of what to me is unnecessary stuff.

OP .. everyone pretty much agrees on luggage storage, but its interesting that every single poster seems to do their dirty clothes different??

Not taking your post as judgemental and THANKS for another way of looking at it!

I will tell you I always place our dirty clothes down first with the unmentionables on top of them so they are not on the floor.

Tim

Put them under the bed. Then after you wear clothing that you are not planning on using again place that clothing into the bags. It will not only free up closet space, keep your cabin tidy but will make the last day off packing much easier.

I fold my dirties and keep them in a plastic bag.

As newbies, you will likely bring waaay too much clothing. The intention of what you think you'll do and what you wind up doing are two different things. Also, downsize any shampoo and toiletries to travel size or you'll have heavy luggage. You can buy those empty bottles.

When you need or want to rinse out clothing, look in the shower stall. There's a line that can be pulled out and attach to the other side of the shower. I always bring a few plastic clothespins.

We will have two large luggage bags (30" I think or maybe 26").

Also two carry on rollers.

For an inside cabin where do you store them? Will the big ones fit under the bed?

Thanks

We stay in an inside cabin and we have luggage that is in decreasing sizes so they all store in the largest suitcase. We then put the suitcase in the closet that has the bath robes in them since they do not have lower shelves.:)

Been having alot of problems with carnival and my TA :(

Have kind of had the wind taken out of my sails.

Anything to tell a first time cruiser that will get my spirits back up about the cruise?

Thanks

Cruises are wonderful and you should be excited!! I never use TAs but my understanding is that if you do, you can't deal directly with Carnival regarding your reservation. That would suck for me. I've been using the same PVP since my second Carnival cruise. I love him. I've just read some of your other posts; can you call Carnival and ask if you can just transfer your reservation directly to them? Sounds like your TA needs to be fired.

If you have that RCI cruise booked with the same TA, call RCI and find out the same thing. People shouldn't be rewarded for bad service.

Seriously, don't worry too much about things like luggage storage and cabin location, etc. You've never cruised before so you don't have anything to compare it to. Go, and have fun! Leave that kind of obsessive over-planning for your next cruise. :)

Archived