Here's Are the Bean Counters

mariner

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/7460-holland-america-and-seabourn-onboard-revenue-appointmnets-.html

Holland America and Seabourn Onboard Revenue Appointments

Thursday, 21 June 2012

Holland America Line and Seabourn are strengthening their onboard revenue group with the addition of Seth Brickman as director, onboard revenue and analytics, and Gerald Mosslinger as director, beverage services. Both Brickman and Mosslinger will report to Paul Goodwin, executive vice president of onboard revenue, port operations, planning and tours.

“Seth and Gerald bring an incredible amount of knowledge, talent and experience to their respective positions,” said Goodwin. “Their roles are critical in developing and evolving our onboard product and they will be an integral part of our team.”

As director of onboard revenue and analytics supporting Holland America Line and Seabourn Brickman will analyze future trends and guide onboard revenue, manage tour operations technical development, and oversee port and shore operations analytics to enhance scheduling and logistics productivity.

Brickman comes from Microsoft Corp. where he held senior business and financial management positions with the Xbox and MSN/Bing groups. He was in the U.S. Navy for more than 11 years. Brickman holds both a Bachelor of Arts degree in business management and a Master of Business Administration.

As director of beverage services, Mosslinger will manage bar-related beverage operations for the Holland America Line fleet including revenue activities and staff, as well as lend support to Seabourn.

Most recently Mosslinger was with Joachim Splichal’s Patina Restaurant Group based in Los Angeles, Calif., where he served as regional vice president. His relationship with Holland America Line dates to his time as manager, marine hotel operations, for Windstar Cruises when it was operated by Holland America Line. He also spent nine years at Seabourn, both ashore in the Miami, Fla., office and aboard the vessels.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/7460-holland-america-and-seabourn-onboard-revenue-appointmnets-.html

Holland America and Seabourn Onboard Revenue Appointments

Thursday, 21 June 2012

Holland America Line and Seabourn are strengthening their onboard revenue group with the addition of Seth Brickman as director, onboard revenue and analytics, and Gerald Mosslinger as director, beverage services. Both Brickman and Mosslinger will report to Paul Goodwin, executive vice president of onboard revenue, port operations, planning and tours.

“Seth and Gerald bring an incredible amount of knowledge, talent and experience to their respective positions,” said Goodwin. “Their roles are critical in developing and evolving our onboard product and they will be an integral part of our team.”

As director of onboard revenue and analytics supporting Holland America Line and Seabourn Brickman will analyze future trends and guide onboard revenue, manage tour operations technical development, and oversee port and shore operations analytics to enhance scheduling and logistics productivity.

Brickman comes from Microsoft Corp. where he held senior business and financial management positions with the Xbox and MSN/Bing groups. He was in the U.S. Navy for more than 11 years. Brickman holds both a Bachelor of Arts degree in business management and a Master of Business Administration.

As director of beverage services, Mosslinger will manage bar-related beverage operations for the Holland America Line fleet including revenue activities and staff, as well as lend support to Seabourn.

Most recently Mosslinger was with Joachim Splichal’s Patina Restaurant Group based in Los Angeles, Calif., where he served as regional vice president. His relationship with Holland America Line dates to his time as manager, marine hotel operations, for Windstar Cruises when it was operated by Holland America Line. He also spent nine years at Seabourn, both ashore in the Miami, Fla., office and aboard the vessels.

Dam thoese bean counters!:mad::rolleyes::mad:

In my more simplistic moments I like to think that 'onboard revenue' is an empty concept on an all-inclusive line.

Of course, in those more frequent, and sadder, realistic moments I know that there will very probably be an increasing emphasis on increasing that 'onboard revenue' by whatever means the bean-counters can find.

Aside from shore excursions/future bookings I don't believe revenue generation has any place on Seabourn or other ultra-luxe lines. I'm hoping the bar guy leaves well enough alone or improves offerings. While I understand that Louis XIII will never be gratis I'm discouraged to hear that they don't have either Hendricks or Belvedere on offer unlike both Regent and Silversea.

Aside from shore excursions/future bookings I don't believe revenue generation has any place on Seabourn or other ultra-luxe lines. I'm hoping the bar guy leaves well enough alone or improves offerings. While I understand that Louis XIII will never be gratis I'm discouraged to hear that they don't have either Hendricks or Belvedere on offer unlike both Regent and Silversea.

You need to ask the Bar Manager for Belvedere or Grey Goose and they will get it for you.

Of course Onboard Revenu will always have a place even on All-Inclusive Lines such as Seabourn. They (bean counters) are hoping that you will have a weak moment and buy that $25K Chopard watch in the widnow!:eek:;):eek:

Ah, but the Louis XIII bacarat decanter is gratis, if you buy the last shot! ;)

Host Dan

Not anymore Dan! They can recycle the decanter and get $300.00 for it.:rolleyes:

Thats too bad. Luckily I nabbed one, as well as 2 SB friends of mine!

Host Dan

Host Dan

Interesting. On other forums it was mentioned that it took kvetching to get the proper Luois XIII spoils. I'm rather perturbed that Belvedere and Grey Goose require managerial attention. Considering that clown shoes like MC and FDRjr can gat those out to the cruisers, shame Seabourn can't. ( also applies to Hendricks).

On board revenue enhancement could be as simple as a short measure in drinks or less replacement of toiletries. Shave a penny here, a penny there.:eek: The same way GM did the car biz. Look where that got them.:eek:

On board revenue enhancement could be as simple as a short measure in drinks or less replacement of toiletries. Shave a penny here, a penny there.:eek: The same way GM did the car biz. Look where that got them.:eek:

Good point! :eek: I am tired of calling Seabourn lately and getting agents that trip up on themselves and refer to HAL this and that in the conversation. I wish Seabourn would stick to it's core demographics and also have it's own dedicated people manning the front lines.

I agree with ST. We are 45 and52 and have gone on two cruises with a third booked in November for 20 nights. What has drawn us to Seabourn is the lack on nickel and diming on board. We don't focus too much on the base fares as we believe the overall package represents good value. If they start to focus on getting more add on revenue on board they run the risk of being compared to other main stream cruise lines and risk losing the next generation of clientele such as us and ST. We plan to cruise extensively throughout the next 20-30 years and will continue to expect a premium experience as long as the price is within reason. I hope there is not a new direction although I did start a thread a while back to find concrete evidence of a major shift in HAL's involvement and didn't see anything to worry me. Fingers crossed:D

One night in the MDR on our last cruise (pride-feb 2012) they ran out of perrier and I saw one of the lovely waiters filling up the perrier water bottles with soda water!!!! yikes (don't think I was supposed to witness that) nobody seemed any the wiser. Secondly, a bit of nit picking here, this year the beautiful Hermes soap and its gorgeous green container have shrunk to about 2/3 the size of last years, I brought it home with me and dug out the other last years. Cost cutting? I think so! but I still love sailing with them, and until they raise their fares beyond my budget I will keep going back as it is always such a wonderful holiday. :D

Host Dan

We just returned from Oosterdam and watched as a gentleman purchased the last shot of Louis XIII and the Cellar Master made a lovely presentation of the decanter to the gentleman. He had two young grandsons with him and his pleasure at sharing this event with them was evident.

Archived