First time cruiser pretty excited!

trident777

After years of thinking to myself that I need to experience a cruise I have finally booked myself and my girlfriend on the Celebrity Summit departing out of San Juan on Nov 10...that means a flight first from LAX-SJU and a couple days in San Juan before the cruise.

I initially had a few concerns since it is the hurricane season but willing to take my chances since it's the tail end of the season and I figure storms are rare mid Nov.

Anyways my first question was about boarding... my cruise leaves at 8:30pm, I have heard that I can board the ship as early as Noon, is that true? Perhaps a silly question but does this mean I can also have dinner onboard the first day?

Congratulations I will echo the above poster. Our first cruise was also on Century and we have been hooked ever since. You will as the first poster said be able to board around noon depending on when the ship arrives at the port and disembarks the previous cruise passengers. then you can have lunch and dinner on the ship and go on and off into town until it is about an hour from departure. Enjoy your cruise

After years of thinking to myself that I need to experience a cruise I have finally booked myself and my girlfriend on the Celebrity Summit departing out of San Juan on Nov 10...that means a flight first from LAX-SJU and a couple days in San Juan before the cruise.

I initially had a few concerns since it is the hurricane season but willing to take my chances since it's the tail end of the season and I figure storms are rare mid Nov.

Anyways my first question was about boarding... my cruise leaves at 8:30pm, I have heard that I can board the ship as early as Noon, is that true? Perhaps a silly question but does this mean I can also have dinner onboard the first day?

Hi:)....yes, you can board early (noonish is good:)) and yes,

dinner is definitely served to you on the first night....it is night 1

of 7:D

I am on the same cruise......here is a link to the roll call....come

say hello as we have other people chatting as well.:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1412624

Take a tour of the Arecibo Radio Telescope Facility about 30 miles west of San Juan. The largest radio telescope ever built anywhere on the planet and has played staring roles in several movies from Contact (with Jodie Foster) to Golden Eye.

Welcome to CruiseCritic and welcome to cruising. You can have lunch, you can have an after lunch snack, you can order room service, you can have ice cream, you can have pre-dinner appetizers, you can drop by the buffet for Sushi, you can have dinner, you can have seconds at dinner, you can have late night bites, you can order room service again. In short, you can eat just about any time of day.

We are looking forward to our first Celebrity Cruise one week before you sail. Remeber that Cruise Critic is your friend. Check out the ports section for ideas of what to do in each port.

We have chosen a Celebrity excursion in Barbados, a lobster snorkeling tour in Antigua, a guided land and sea tour in St. Lucia. In St. Thomas we will go on our own to St. Johns for a beach day, and in St. Maarten will also tour on our own.

Be sure to check out the beverage packages, and if your sailing has a roll call, join.

It has been several years since we cruised, and it is exciting to get back into the spirit.

Bon Voyage!

We are looking forward to our first Celebrity Cruise one week before you sail. Remeber that Cruise Critic is your friend. Check out the ports section for ideas of what to do in each port.

We have chosen a Celebrity excursion in Barbados, a lobster snorkeling tour in Antigua, a guided land and sea tour in St. Lucia. In St. Thomas we will go on our own to St. Johns for a beach day, and in St. Maarten will also tour on our own.

Be sure to check out the beverage packages, and if your sailing has a roll call, join.

It has been several years since we cruised, and it is exciting to get back into the spirit.

Bon Voyage!

Hi Cheryl, have a great time:)....there is a roll call for the OP's cruise.

I posted the link for him at the beginning of this thread;)

Archived