Cruise Tour and Southbound Coral

quiltsnh

I am arriving in Anchorage on August 9th for a 4 day land tour and then sailing southbound on Coral. I have some questions about the transfer of luggage. I am aware I need two suitcases, 1 for the land portion and one that will go directly to the ship. Also a small bag that stays with you all the time, I get that! Question is at what point does the luggage for the ship leave you? And when do I put the tags on the luggage? When you go to the lodges is the luggage for the land portion delivered to your room at the respective lodges? And conversely is it picked up outside your door for travel to the next lodge?

Thanx for you help.

I am arriving in Anchorage on August 9th for a 4 day land tour and then sailing southbound on Coral. I have some questions about the transfer of luggage. I am aware I need two suitcases, 1 for the land portion and one that will go directly to the ship. Also a small bag that stays with you all the time, I get that! Question is at what point does the luggage for the ship leave you? When you need to have it out for departure at the first hotel or lodge.

And when do I put the tags on the luggage? When you need to have it out for departure at the first hotel or lodge.

When you go to the lodges is the luggage for the land portion delivered to your room at the respective lodges? Yes, but it may travel on a truck and not be delivered for several hoiurs after you arrive.

And conversely is it picked up outside your door for travel to the next lodge? Yes.

Thanx for you help.

Actually, you do not need to have two suitcases with one going to the ship unless you need two suitcases. If it all fits into one suitcase, the one suitcase can go on the tour part.

I am arriving in Anchorage on August 9th for a 4 day land tour and then sailing southbound on Coral. I have some questions about the transfer of luggage. I am aware I need two suitcases, 1 for the land portion and one that will go directly to the ship. Also a small bag that stays with you all the time, I get that! Question is at what point does the luggage for the ship leave you? And when do I put the tags on the luggage? When you go to the lodges is the luggage for the land portion delivered to your room at the respective lodges? And conversely is it picked up outside your door for travel to the next lodge?

Thanx for you help.

Each lodge that you go to will give you an envelope with your new luggage tag. The color differs for each lodge and the name of the lodge the luggage is going to is printed on the tag. Initially at the first hotel you are given two tags....Follow Me and Meet Me on the Ship . You place them on your luggage and the land portion bag will be at your next stop and the other bag appears on the ship. Princess does a nice job with the organization of the luggage and tours. Have a wonderful time.

We did the the tour I think you have described and stayed in Anchorage for the first night. When we were picked up at the Captain Cook hotel for transport, they took our ship bound suitcase from the hall during the night and put it in a big box truck along with everyone else's. That suitcase was in our cabin when we boarded.

Our carry on got a different tag that said "you're with me" or something to that effect with the McKinley Lodge symbol on it. During the night we were at McKinley Lodge, we had to put that suitcase in the hallway so that it could be loaded on the bus. Leaving us with our tote for our pjs and toiletries. And so on. So be sure to have a small tote size bag for your overnights. Princess has this down to a science. Although it's been several years ago, I believe what I have described is the way it is still done.

It was an awesome trip! :)

Quiltsnh, I just want to say have a wonderful trip...and that Moody Beach is my favorite beach! We walk it at least every 2weeks.

Sorry just looked at you travel date. I am a travel agent and I have clients on that voyage.... have a great trip

Archived