Towel animals on Lido deck

horn hi aces

I am not sure if this is a new thing or was specific to the Imagination, but it was one of the coolest things I have seen on a cruise. One morning around 8, about 40 stewards were hovering near the pool bar. A huge load of towels gets delivered and they each grab a handful and 20 minutes later, you get to this beautiful sight. It was fun to watch the kids appear on deck and a huge smile appears on each. Not sure how well i uploaded picture

photo.jpg.f3856b38d410e3a28d52b9895169f315.jpg

I am not sure if this is a new thing or was specific to the Imagination, but it was one of the coolest things I have seen on a cruise. One morning around 8, about 40 stewards were hovering near the pool bar. A huge load of towels gets delivered and they each grab a handful and 20 minutes later, you get to this beautiful sight. It was fun to watch the kids appear on deck and a huge smile appears on each. Not sure how well i uploaded picture

Was this for the towel demonstration where they taught cruises how to make the towel animals. We did this in the lounge one year and in the lobby another year. Passengers got to make a couple of the towel animals.

Was this for the towel demonstration where they taught cruises how to make the towel animals. We did this in the lounge one year and in the lobby another year. Passengers got to make a couple of the towel animals.

No, the stewards just made them and all of the staff vanished when they were done.

as an aside, I think it did have some effect on the chair hogs, although probably minimal.

yes. the live entertainment has been replaced with towel animal makers. there are enough berths to have this talent on board.

It seems you have a really dismal outlook on life. Sad for you.

I, for one, would LOVE to awake to a Lido Deck full of towel animals! What an awesome site that would be... definitely a great way to start a day!

:)

Hope to see this on the Liberty later this year.

On our Legend cruise, there were towel animals all over the lobby one day before they had the towel folding class. It was an awesome sight! I think perhaps they wanted to make the class extra special because one of our ports was cancelled and it was too windy to sit out on the Lido deck.

yes. the live entertainment has been replaced with towel animal makers. there are enough berths to have this talent on board.

of course your sarcasm is expected....my kids have 2 cruises and would roll on the lido floor if they woke up to this one morning...your typical critique of Carnival once again shines, so they must have really pissed you off with all the changes lately....

Does anyone know what day this takes place? Is it advertised in the fun times? Don't want to miss this.....:D[/quote

It was not advertised, but it was on the day that they had towel folding as an activity later in the day, so that might be a likely choice for it to happen on other cruises.

I've heard from my highly placed sources that these are actually fully trained attack towel animals...

Oh...and all this time I thought they were service animals and could go in the MDR. I see a market for a new product call towel-runners, so we can sneak a few off the ship for the kids. :rolleyes:

Archived