Regatta New York disembark

BenMurphy

Hi

We are T/A on Regatta in September. We arrive at 4pm(Sep 24) and stay over night. Our flight back to UK is in the evening(of Sep 25) and we would like to spend our last day exploring NY . I know we will have to leave time to get to Newark and for check in.

My question is this:

What time will our luggage have to be off the ship and will there be some where to store it before we leave for the airport?

As it will be impossible to cary round all day!

I know that there is an outfit called Schwartz Storage lockers has any one used them?

Any advice welcome

Thanks and regards

Josie :confused:

Hi

We are T/A on Regatta in September. We arrive at 4pm(Sep 24) and stay over night. Our flight back to UK is in the evening(of Sep 25) and we would like to spend our last day exploring NY . I know we will have to leave time to get to Newark and for check in.

My question is this:

What time will our luggage have to be off the ship and will there be some where to store it before we leave for the airport?

I know that there is an outfit called Schwartz Storage lockers has any one used them?

Any advice welcome

Thanks and regards

You put the bulk of your luggage in the hallway outside of your cabin on the last night of your cruise. It will be off of the ship before you are, and it will be waiting for you on the Pier. Everyone claims their luggage, before walking through Customs.

Most hotels will store luggage for a few hours on the day that you are checking out (Keep in mind that they will want you AT the airport between 2 and 3 hours before your International flight) I would not bother with a storage locker.

Hi

My question is this:

Any advice welcome

Thanks and regards

The truth is you are not going to have very much time to "explore" the city. Regrettably. I don't know what time your flight to the UK leaves, but back up 2 1/2 to 3 hours from that for your arrival at EWR, then back up another 45 minutes to an hour for transport to EWR (taxi? bus from Port Authority?), then you have only a few hours from debarkation to the time you need to be on your way. Last September there was a glitch in debarking, and we were held on Regatta until after 10:30 a.m., at which point they began the debarkation process. After exiting the pier area, you must cross 12th Avenue (no mean feat in itself) and queue up for a taxi (our line was the length of two blocks). It was well after noon before were at our hotel across town. I know I haven't addressed your need(s), but, truly, I'm not sure you're going to have much time to do all you would like.

Next trip, give yourself a day or two or three to really "explore." Good luck! :)

I think the OP means they will overnight on the Regatta and disembark on the 25th - no hotel stay.

You may well be right, Paul, but if that is the case, I'd suggest that they arrange for a car and driver for the time that they have in Manhattan so that they can:

A) Leave the Luggage in the Trunk

B) Duck into as many sites as they can without having to worry about parking or subways etc.

C) have a guaranteed ride to the airport when the day is done

Josie:

Jim & Stan have a very good suggestion. We toured Buenos Aires that way and had our guide then drive us to the port to board our ship.

I hadn't had a chance to answer your email from this morning, but I was going to suggest you dump your luggage in our room or with the bellhop at our hotel. We will be staying at the Marriott Marquis in the theater district.

Got to run. I'll get back to you on your other questions a little later.

Marilyn

The truth is you are not going to have very much time to "explore" the city. Regrettably. I don't know what time your flight to the UK leaves, but back up 2 1/2 to 3 hours from that for your arrival at EWR, then back up another 45 minutes to an hour for transport to EWR (taxi? bus from Port Authority?), then you have only a few hours from debarkation to the time you need to be on your way. Last September there was a glitch in debarking, and we were held on Regatta until after 10:30 a.m., at which point they began the debarkation process. After exiting the pier area, you must cross 12th Avenue (no mean feat in itself) and queue up for a taxi (our line was the length of two blocks). It was well after noon before were at our hotel across town. I know I haven't addressed your need(s), but, truly, I'm not sure you're going to have much time to do all you would like.

Next trip, give yourself a day or two or three to really "explore." Good luck! :)

Good Morning

we're not able to take a longer holiday as both have to be back in the office the following day!

We'll probably have to just" play it by ear" on the day. Thanks to every one for their replies.

regards

Josie

Just had a look on Newark Airport under "ground transportation" and there's now a fast rail link (30min) from Penn Station to Newark.

And a left luggage facality at the station. This may be our answer!

Josie

Archived