No more Element of Surprise?

susie8862

I have noticed that a lot of people like copies of menu's and the Funtimes papers for the week and other things, such as a picture of their cabin and such. What are the shows..who is the CD.....etc..etc.....

I prefer the element of surprise, although I do understand why people want to know.

Do you like being surprised or are you a planner?

I am a little of both.

I have been on 7 cruises so far, so the "WOW" factor is no longer there unfortunately....I now have the Ah-Ha moments just relaxing and doing my thing:D

UNITL.........I get to go on the BREEZE......then, maybe the "WOW" factor will return...

I like to reserch. On a land vacation you reserch destination, hotels, resturaunts close to your hotel and atractions.

Unlike a land vacation you cant pack up and find a new hotel. And the Dinning and entertainment choices are more limmited.

I think due to the cruise being more limited in choices. Most people want to make the most out of the time they have on the ship.

I am already searching for stuff for a cruise in Feb 2013.

I'm a planner. I like to have at least a general idea of what is to come each day. For instance, if there's nothing going on of particular interest to me on any given day, I'd like to know that - and plan for - the fact that I'll likely spend the day by the pool, with a book. :)

I'm a planner, through and through. I don't like being taken off-guard, and I don't like to miss out on anything. And, because of my line of work, I am glued to Google for at least 8 hours a day, and I think I must know just about every trivial thing I've never cared to know simply due to boredom. I always know how/where to get the best stuff for the cheapest price, product reviews, what celebrity is doing what, the deeper meaning behind any movie I've ever liked, and, in this case, I know just about everything there is to know about cruising and I haven't even gone yet.

Suits me just fine. It'll still be a lot of fun to finally have a life. :D

I always look ahead to see what is going on on the cruise. Usually I'll forget about what is on the menu, but as for activities DH and I like to see what is going on so that we can make sure we do everything we want and can plan for it. Also I am kind of a control freak and like to know everything that is going on, lol. I am still very much excited for my vacation even if there is no big surprise.

I like both - I'[[ look at the menu's & dailies months & months before a cruise but by the time the cruise rolls around I will have forgotten most things and be surprised again!

That's me too. I do really check out everything I can find about the ports, though. But I especially like to be surprised by dinner menus.:)

I am an OCD Planner

(I wonder if there is a group that meets about this)

... Hello, my name is hftmrock and I am a planner... :p

I get pictures, videos, reviews, analysis, discussions here at CC, and anything else I can get my hands on when I am planning (61 days before I cruise). I cant help it.

I have noticed that a lot of people like copies of menu's and the Funtimes papers for the week and other things, such as a picture of their cabin and such. What are the shows..who is the CD.....etc..etc.....

I prefer the element of surprise, although I do understand why people want to know.

I'm a major planner. My DH on the other hand likes to be surprised and it drives me nuts lol.

neither one anymore. I used to plan a lot. But I did like a little surprise element. that's why I tried to book different ships and cruiselines.

Heck I rarely even get excited anymore.

Last cruise I opened my dresser and just threw some stuff in the suitcase the night before we left.

Bill

I only like to know the menus ahead of time (as someone mentioned, to choose which night to dine at the steakhouse.) Other than that, I prefer surprises. (Gasp, I didn't want to know the sex of our baby until she was born!) However, I've friends who attempt to plan almost every single moment of their lives. They go ballistic when things don't go according to plan.

I personally just enjoy reading about cruising when I am leading up to one. After I have gone unless I have another one picked out already I usually stop coming by CC because it makes me sad. When I do have a cruise coming up (even if it is a long way away) I plan plan plan... Not that I even follow half the plans when on the ship but I like reading about it. Also a really nice sense of community on here( most of the time) that reminds me why I love cruising so much

I am a planner. However, I don't plan out what the menu is each night, or what we will do each day. I usually look at the dinner menus so that I can make our steakhouse ressies on a night that won't have us missing any of our favorite MDR meals.

I will however look at the menu on screen that day so I can see if we need to set an alarm in case we take a nap, or if it's okay that we oversleep and miss dinner and just hit the buffet.

And I don't really care about the shows. Figure if we go we go, if not oh well.

I like to look at the fun times just to see if there are things I want to make sure I don't miss. Like this past cruise we had a cocktail party planned and I wanted to see if it conflicted with tea time. Of course it did cause it was the first sea day, but I was able to see that there was another tea time on the last sea day so I was happy again. There were several in our group that wanted to do the tea.

I'm a major planner. My DH on the other hand likes to be surprised and it drives me nuts lol.

My DH and I are the same. It drives me nuts because when I try to talk to him about the trip he doesn't seem interested. It's taken me awhile to realize he is, but he doesn't want to know until he gets there.

Archived