Jewel:Dry-Dock Questions

Hi everyone! We have decided to go on Jewel next summer, and was wondering if anyone knows whether or not Jewel has ever gone to Dry-dock? If so, when? Also, if it hasn’t, does anyone happen to know when it will be going to dry-dock? Sorry, this is the only class ship that I’ve not sailed on and was just curious. Thanks!

Hi everyone! We have decided to go on Jewel next summer, and was wondering if anyone knows whether or not Jewel has ever gone to Dry-dock? If so, when? Also, if it hasn’t, does anyone happen to know when it will be going to dry-dock? Sorry, this is the only class ship that I’ve not sailed on and was just curious. Thanks!

Jewel's next dry dock is scheduled for May 2016. It has been in dry dock before.

Jewel has been in drydock a number of times in the past, mostly for mechanical upgrades and some cosmetic improvements. Much of the other work, such as replacing worn or stained carpeting is actually done while the ship is sailing her regular routes. When my wife was last on Jewel this past Spring, she felt that the ship looked as good as ever, so I wouldn't wait for her revitalization in 2016 to book a cruise on her. The Southern Caribbean itineraries she will be sailing in 2013 look especially appealing.

Jewel was built in 2004 and refurbished in 2008. As Clarea said, the upgrades are scheduled for 2016. However, I think it would need a drydock before then because ships are to have drydocks every five years. I was on the Jewel TA in May and it was in great condition.

Jewel has been in drydock a number of times in the past, mostly for mechanical upgrades and some cosmetic improvements. Much of the other work, such as replacing worn or stained carpeting is actually done while the ship is sailing her regular routes. When my wife was last on Jewel this past Spring, she felt that the ship looked as good as ever, so I wouldn't wait for her revitalization in 2016 to book a cruise on her. The Southern Caribbean itineraries she will be sailing in 2013 look especially appealing.

Negc, this is good news indeed! I will share with the family. Thank you!

We have been on Radiance and Serenade but never Jewel. When we saw the repo cruise for next May out of Tampa and then to San Juan we decided it was a perfect time for a B2B! Never been out of Tampa, so excited about going under the Sunshine Bridge, one new island and then once to San Juan our fav itin - the Southern Caribbean. Cannot wait.

Archived