Tours Available at the Pier?

ronandannette

Hello SteveinPhilly & Dutchrev :)

Hope you both had/having a great trip . I will be in Barbados Feb. 17th.

I'd like to have a general overall sightsee of the island before shopping in Bridgetown.

Can you tell me how your taxi tour was? Did you go on the driver's route or have a personal route planned?

Do we need >2 passengers to get a 3-4hr tour for $25. Is that price per passenger or cab ?

Thanks,

Marilyn

Marilyn: Well I'd love to tell you but I had to cancel next week's cruise this morning because of a health issue. I will say though that I was REALLY impressed by the communication from Tyrone Griffith about the trip we planned. I put together 8 peole and he offered a full island 3-4 hour tour in the morning for $25 pp. I really felt he cared. He does not have a website but you can contact him via email at: tiatonagi AT yahoo.com

I plan to reschedule the cruise - and will dcefinitely book with him.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
How was the tour? Anxious to hear...thanks!

I can't tell you because I'm stuck home but got some REALLY nice - and fast responses from Tyrone. I put a group of 10 of us together (he needs 10 for that rate) and they will be back on Friday (and I expect a report). It'll be on the Vision of the Seas Roll call for January 14th.

I'll try to remember to post. I gotta say the guy is professional on line and quick responding.

Steve

• 2 months later...
I can't tell you because I'm stuck home but got some REALLY nice - and fast responses from Tyrone. I put a group of 10 of us together (he needs 10 for that rate) and they will be back on Friday (and I expect a report). It'll be on the Vision of the Seas Roll call for January 14th.

I'll try to remember to post. I gotta say the guy is professional on line and quick responding.

Steve

Any word on how the tour went? I booked his tour for July 10th

We were just there less than 2 weeks ago. We rented a car (not for the faint of heart - lots of unmarked, small roads, drive on left, narrow roads, etc.) so were able to see a lot. There were taxis around so I would think you could easily hire one if you don't pre-arrange a tour. Our favorite part of our wanderings (which were many) was Bathsheba and the east coast - but just about all tours will go there, I would think. See my pics at http://www.pbase.com/roothy123 if you're interested in where we went (lots of places)!

We also drove through the Oistens area, not captured by any of my pictures, which was fun. The Barbados tourism site is excellent and will give you ideas of what there is to do - LOTS!

Traffic was quite heavy going back into Bridgetown around 3, at least from the way we came (southeast) so I wouldn't get off the ship and try to do a tour at 1PM or so!

There's also a Concorde Experience where you can walk on an actual Concorde. We wanted to go but ran out of time and energy.

Edited by roothy123

Any word on how the tour went? I booked his tour for July 10th

The others were pleased with the tour - at least they told me they were and - as I said he was good communicator and his price was right. There are not a lot of choices there as one company has most of the "market" ;locked up. If I were to finally go, I'd contact Tyrone and book with him. As I said he is VERY professional in replying.

I hope that helps.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

We toured with Tyrone in March and had a great tour. We had 6 of us in his very comfortable van, and for the $25 a person he also provided us with soft drinks, rum punch, and beer. If you use him, let him know you want to stop and see the green monkeys. They will make your day

• 6 months later...

I found Tyrone threw Cruise Critic back in July for our cruise in Oct./Nov, for a 3 to 4 hour island/beach tour. Tyrone responded in a timely fashion. He even helped us out when our tour became overbooked when 22 people signed up. He was very upfront and let us know his van only holds 7 people and that he couldn't be held responsible for the condition of the bus since it's not his own vehicle. We still took our chances and continued on with this tour. He made sure in a detailed email to let us know where to meet. Once we met we had a FANTASTIC tour. Since Tyrone doesn't have a bus license, he hired a driver Mike and he was an excellent driver, and very friendly. Tyrone was very upset over previous negative comments on here so he came on our tour and narrated for over 4 hours!!! He was very personable, friendly and professional. At no time did we feel rushed and he always made sure everyone got their "pics". The other passengers - also cruise critic members - seemed to enjoy it as well. I would highly recommend Tyrone! If and when we ever go back to Barbados I will most definitely look Tyrone up again!!