Question about NCL's drinking Policy?

CroNich

Hi, my family are planning a cruise in the upcoming years hopefully on the new NCL Getaway, i just had a question about the drinking policy, my friend and I will be 19 when we are actually on the cruise and we are from Australia. In Australia the drinking age in 18, so i was wondering if it would be possible to get a referendum written by our guardian to allow us to drink onboard the cruise?

Thanks for the help

If your parent or legal guardian is on the cruise with you, they can sign a document while on board to allow you to purchase and consume beer and wine.

from the NCL website: (FAQs)

ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION POLICY

Passengers must be 21 years of age or older to purchase or consume alcohol.

With the exception of Alaska and Hawaii itineraries, Norwegian permits young adults to purchase and personally consume wine and beer only while onboard and with the consent of an accompanying parent. Authorization will be given only when the accompanying parent completes the Young Adult Alcoholic Beverage Waiver form. This form can be obtained and completed at the Guest Services Desk upon embarkation of the vessel. However, passengers 18 years of age or older are permitted to consume alcoholic beverages when sailing on round-trip European voyages without having to complete the Young Adult Alcoholic Beverage Waiver form

If your parent or legal guardian is on the cruise with you, they can sign a document while on board to allow you to purchase and consume beer and wine.

from the NCL website: (FAQs)

ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION POLICY

Passengers must be 21 years of age or older to purchase or consume alcohol.

With the exception of Alaska and Hawaii itineraries, Norwegian permits young adults to purchase and personally consume wine and beer only while onboard and with the consent of an accompanying parent. Authorization will be given only when the accompanying parent completes the Young Adult Alcoholic Beverage Waiver form. This form can be obtained and completed at the Guest Services Desk upon embarkation of the vessel. However, passengers 18 years of age or older are permitted to consume alcoholic beverages when sailing on round-trip European voyages without having to complete the Young Adult Alcoholic Beverage Waiver form

Thank you for the heads up, thats very helpful, but say for my friend if his parents wont be on the cruise is there no form they can fill out before hand to allow him to drink?

The good news is that you can drink in Bermuda. Check out Snorkel Park at night. It's right in the Dockyard. My girls (20 & 23) had a blast there last month.

Too bad the Getaway is not going to Bermuda ;) Itineraries have not been announced let out of Miami.

Archived